Quality of posts in DFI is going down with every passing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Make some specific suggestions or a thread for changes to improve the forum.
Is not this thread suggestion enough?

What were you guys doing earlier? Sleeping?

And do posters suggestions really have an impact?

Country flag
Delete any abusive or inflammatory post, and that includes inflammatory posts made by me, or by anyone else, no matter how senior that member is. And hand out a short "brig" of a couple of hours to someone who keeps doing it.

Oh of course, even I have been guilty of using abusive language on this forum in a couple of threads. IMHO, I (and the person I was sparring with) should have had our posts deleted at the very start, and infractions issued very soon. Deletion of posts should start the moment even "mild" words such as Fool, Moron, etc. are used against other members.
This is something we review and discuss on almost a daily basis. If two people have conflicting views personal attacks should be always avoided but where do you draw the line so a debate can continue with continuity??

sob

Mod
Country flag
Do we have an Ignore button here. It could be a good idea to use.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Delete any abusive or inflammatory post, and that includes inflammatory posts made by me, or by anyone else, no matter how senior that member is. And hand out a short "brig" of a couple of hours to someone who keeps doing it.

Oh of course, even I have been guilty of using abusive language on this forum in a couple of threads. IMHO, I (and the person I was sparring with) should have had our posts deleted at the very start, and infractions issued very soon. Deletion of posts should start the moment even "mild" words such as Fool, Moron, etc. are used against other members.
To make it clear, I am not advocating becoming a dull and drab forum. I personally feel that it is perfectly fine to use strong language such as "fuck", "behanchod", etc. - as long as you don't use it on another member. You can say that Kiyani is a Behanchod, or Modi is a Chutiya, if you please. But you can't call other members behanchods or chutiyas...

Galaxy

Country flag
Few people do use abusive words/personal attack all the time. I have reported few times, But no actions taken.

There can't be any debate without different POV. Many have different way of thinking and different opinion. But few people do personal attack when someone don't agree with his view/opinion. It happened the day I joined and yesterday too. But no action taken. Few people always humiliate/insult other member if differs in POV. Is this forum for few people or for everyone ? If for everyone, Then everyone should respect other opinion. Few also use past activity Like this member was/is active on other forum. What this has to do with this forum ? I think, Mods/Admin should start taking action. Already, I don't feel participating in any debate as it may differ from few individual POV who later start using personal attack.

black eagle

Country flag
This is something we review and discuss on almost a daily basis. If two people have conflicting views personal attacks should be always avoided but where do you draw the line so a debate can continue with continuity??
Conflicting views on personal attacks!!! Is there anyone who supports it??? Would love to know who that is....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You need to stop putting the blame on college students, when you yourself are not that literate. And also stop the victim complex.
Listen Oralce, your just a troll. If i pick up your posts and see what you have said so far, you have hardly participated on defense issues like the discussion on Tanks, Aircrafts or Missiles etc., that is very unlike me, i am an avid defence junkie and you only come in at night after a few rounds and post gibberish in the name of humor which is void of content. Even if i make a humor its most certainly on the point of the topic not out of context but you dont seem know the nuance in that, you just pickee fights on personal issues.

Everyone knows you knew nothing of the Tamil Eelam fights but you general posted on vague issues and no one know why you even posted there. I am not responding to your crazyness, you started the fight with me after you became a Mod on IPF and showed me how powerful you are there by playing with my posts and treating me like shit there. You know your not that innocent.

Reactions: KS

amitkriit

To make it clear, I am not advocating becoming a dull and drab forum. I personally feel that it is perfectly fine to use strong language such as "fuck", "behanchod", etc. - as long as you don't use it on another member. You can say that Kiyani is a Behanchod, or Modi is a Chutiya, if you please. But you can't call other members behanchods or chutiyas...
I think if there has to be a ban on personal abuses, it must be total, which includes all real individuals living or dead, without an exception.

Country flag
Conflicting views on personal attacks!!! Is there anyone who supports it??? Would love to know who that is....
Many members don't have the maturity to debate without resorting to personal attacks. This is the main reason most members are banned other than trolls,spambots etc..

Oracle

Listen Oralce, your just a troll. If i pick up your posts and see what you have said so far, you have hardly participated on defense issues like the discussion on Tanks, Aircrafts or Missiles etc., that is very unlike me, i am an avid defence junkie and you only come in at night after a few rounds and post gibberish in the name of humor which is void of content. Even if i make a humor its most certainly on the point of the topic not out of context but you dont seem know the nuance in that, you just pickee fights on personal issues.

Everyone knows you knew nothing of the Tamil Eelam fights but you general posted on vague issues and no one know why you even posted there. I am not responding to your crazyness, you started the fight with me after you became a Mod on IPF and showed me how powerful you are there by playing with my posts and treating my like shit. You know your not that innocent.
Exact reason why I said you need to get off this thread.

Becoming a Mod might be a Rajnikanth moment for you, for me it was another part time job.

You are a defence junikie? :pound:

You get banned from BR, then you beg Rahul to take you back? :pound:

You get warned off from the Arjun thread. :D

You are an idiot who does not know if he's talking to his maid or defence professionals over here. You bring in other posters family all the time, when you have nothing else to offer.

And by the way, I am not an admin in IPF anymore.

I am not a regular poster of DFI anymore, too.

Country flag
Why a person who use "You are dumb, Idiot and should be banned" in almost every post when POV is different is not banned ??
members are given many warnings before being banned it is not a suprise for anyone. And most bans are usually temporary. We try to give members second chances even though many do not deserve it.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Exact reason why I said you need to get off this thread.

Becoming a Mod might be a Rajnikanth moment for you, for me it was another part time job.

You are a defence junikie? :pound:

You get banned from BR, then you beg Rahul to take you back? :pound:

You get warned off from the Arjun thread. :D

You are an idiot who does not know if he's talking to his maid or defence professionals over here. You bring in other posters family all the time, when you have nothing else to offer.

And by the way, I am not an admin in IPF anymore.

I am not a regular poster of DFI anymore, too.
Said the resident troll. Anyone who goes through your posts will see what you are, you have never contributed on any technical defence threads, why are you here? Lonely? I am here because i have followed the Arjun and Tejas since i was 17years old.

Country flag
The quality of posts maybe going down because the quality of threads has been poor lately. Many threads have a religious bent. The Gujurat meat ban thread has over 41 pages and it is the hottest thread right now for a defence forum this is a very strange topic.

Oracle

Few people do use abusive words/personal attack all the time. I have reported few times, But no actions taken.

There can't be any debate without different POV. Many have different way of thinking and different opinion. But few people do personal attack when someone don't agree with his view/opinion. It happened the day I joined and yesterday too. But no action taken. Few people always humiliate/insult other member if differs in POV. Is this forum for few people or for everyone ? If for everyone, Then everyone should respect other opinion. Few also use past activity Like this member was/is active on other forum. What this has to do with this forum ? I think, Mods/Admin should start taking action. Already, I don't feel participating in any debate as it may differ from few individual POV who later start using personal attack.
Are you not the guy who attacked my patriotism being 200 odd posts old, just because I did not rhyme with you?

This is one more area where zero tolerance should be adopted.

Newbies who come here from PDF and IDF have been so radically transformed that they think DFI is yet another troller's paradise. These new members posts need to be checked too.

Last edited:

plugwater

The quality of posts maybe going down because the quality of threads has been poor lately. Many threads have a religious bent. The Gujurat meat ban thread has over 18 pages.
It has more than 40 pages :)

sob

Mod
Country flag
The quality of posts maybe going down because the quality of threads has been poor lately. Many threads have a religious bent. The Gujurat meat ban thread has over 18 pages.
On this thread I completely agree with you. It has to close down immediately.

However looks like it that this thread may need a heavy dose of moderation.

Oracle

Said the resident troll. Anyone who goes through your posts will see what you are, you have never contributed on any technical defence threads, why are you here? Lonely? I am here because i have followed the Arjun and Tejas since i was 17years old.
Maybe. But I do not bring in other posters mother and family. This is the difference between an illiterate like you and me. And it will remain so forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles