Putin thanks India for its stand on Ukraine!

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
If India supports Russia it will lose.Very few countries have defeated the US might.Best option is to stay out or join USA.India should look after its people rather than joining world wars.As they say beggars cannot be riders.

laughingbuddha

Country flag
I don't think the world is ready for an "emperor". There has to be checks and balances; ergo India's stand.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
If India supports Russia it will lose.Very few countries have defeated the US might.Best option is to stay out or join USA.India should look after its people rather than joining world wars.As they say beggars cannot be riders.
Slave mentality :|

People like you are the reason we been slaved by foreign nations.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Slave mentality :|

People like you are the reason we been slaved by foreign nations.
I don`t think you actually understand the meaning of slave mentality.Please don`t resort to personal attacks.If you get offended by my posts ignore them.

Btw with what will India fight against USA.India should first look after the poor,disabled people.Some of my relatives have been in USA.They tell me how the US takes care of the disabled,the better life that is there for its citizens.What does India do?Nothing.So instead of wasting money on wars it should make better hospitals,educational facilities,roads etc.The US wont attack India unless it has a valid reason.

As for why we had been enslaved it was because we were technologically inferior to foreign nations.Just like today we are technologically inferior to USA.If we go to war against USA we wont win the war just manage to kill half of our population.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
I don`t think you actually understand the meaning of slave mentality.Please don`t resort to personal attacks.If you get offended by my posts ignore them.

Btw with what will India fight against USA.India should first look after the poor,disabled people.Some of my relatives have been in USA.They tell me how the US takes care of the disabled,the better life that is there for its citizens.What does India do?Nothing.So instead of wasting money on wars it should make better hospitals,educational facilities,roads etc.The US wont attack India unless it has a valid reason.

As for why we had been enslaved it was because we were technologically inferior to foreign nations.Just like today we are technologically inferior to USA.If we go to war against USA we wont win the war just manage to kill half of our population.
We were not enslaved because we were technologically inferior but socially and structurally inferior.Also you said No nation can beat USA so we should accept them as Masters?

Same thing happened in British Raj where people thought we can't win against British so must join them and bit by bit they conquered whole India by using Indian peoples.

Also you just simply said join USA because they will win and that's your whole reason while you should be thinking about "as a nation which side will benefit us more"

I am not war mongering as this is all hypothetical analysis and if this happen my safe bet will be just wait and go with Non align movement but i am 100% sure we should never side with USA as who don't learn from history doomed to repeat.(Which country benefited being pawn of USA ?)

Everyone know they don't see us as equal that's why i used the word "pawn".

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Samar Rathi

What!!!We were not technologically inferior!!!!.Believe me brother we were .We Indians did put a fight against the British.There was the 1857 rebellion where thousands of brave Indians died.Before that there was the Sanyasi rebellion(the basis for vande matataram),the Santhali rebellion etc.Many kingdoms did fight the British.In all the battles the British fought they were usually outnumbered yet they won these battles.This was due to advanced European warfare tactics and latest weapons they brought to the battlefield.They had line infantry with muskets,mortars,dragoons etc.All their cannons and muskets could fire at a greater range than Indian guns(which were also scarce in number).Also their weapons had greater accuracy.This was the only reason some 2000 British troops would defeat 15,000 Indian troops.Well at least I knew we were only technically inferior but if you say socially,structurally let it be so.

As for USA using ally countries as pawns.What about south korea,west germany,nato countries etc.Today can you compare South Korea with North Korea?(unless you follow the great majestic emperor KIm Jong Un :cool2: that NK is better than SK you will know the truth).

Also its not true that US sees us in an inferior position.The Indian American population in US is 3 million.They have a Russian American community also :laugh:(3.13 million).If the US was so bad why would people rush to this country.Whether US sees India as equal or not I cannot tell.Well we certainly do not have the same economic or military capabilities of US.However the true allies of US(not rogue and joke states like Pakistan) have always outperformed and done better than Soviet allied countries like East Germany,North Korea etc(maybe Vietnam is a lone exception)

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Israel striking Obama, rooting for Putin

Op-ed: US president must envy his Russian rival for respect he receives in Israel as opposed to daily dose of scorn and alienation served to our 'ally.'

Efraim Halevy
Published: 03.28.14, 01:14 / Israel Opinion

The worsening international crisis over the Ukraine issue and the renewed negotiations between Iran and the five permanent Security Council members and Germany are presenting new challenges and real dilemmas for Israel's foreign and defense policy.

Follow Ynetnews on Facebook and Twitter

The Russian deputy foreign minister stated in recent days that if the G7 nations would expand their punitive measures against Russia, it would consider changing its policy towards Iran on the nuclear issue. On the day the talks between the six countries and Iran were resumed, Russia announced its plan to build two additional nuclear reactors in Iran. Even if they are intended for purely civilian purposes, one cannot ignore the announcement's timing.

Mother Russia
Israel must stay out of Ukraine crisis / Elyakim Haetzni
Op-ed: Our relationship with Russia is not perfect, but Putin combats anti-Semitism, has kept his promise not to complete delivery of anti-aircraft systems to Iran and Syria.
Full op-ed
It's easy to assume that had the American deputy foreign minister announced that in order to reduce the friction with Russia on the Ukrainian issue his country would consider moving towards Russia's policy on Iran, such an announcement would have taken center stage in the Israeli press' headlines, and public figures and columnists would have competed amongst themselves on who would better condemn the thought that the US is considering including the Iranian nuclear issue in the intra-power trade-in cauldron.

The senior ministers and leading commentators would likely take out from their closet of statements the most polished articles criticizing Obama the man and his failed policy. Once again they would tell us that at the end of the day, Israel is all alone in its battle.

Nor can we ignore the Russian-Syrian context of the Ukrainian affair. President Putin and his spokespersons stress that returning the Crimea peninsula to Russia's sovereignty is also aimed at defending the Russian population in this strategic area. Russia sees itself responsible for the fate of the Russian diaspora in central and eastern Europe. The more the civil war in Syria expands and goes on, especially if an extreme turnabout takes place against President Assad and the Alawi faction, it may raise questions not only about the fate of the great Russian investment in the current regime's defense establishment, but also about the issue of the tens of thousands of Russian citizens living in Syria. How will Russia protect them?

A large amount of high-quality Russian weapons continue to flow into Syria, and some of them, according to both foreign and non-foreign sources, are directed towards Hezbollah.

The Israeli public is unaware of the nature of the discourse between Jerusalem and Moscow and of the understandings, if there are any, which have been achieved in this discourse on the highest levels. What should be noted is that Israel's most articulate spokespersons have sentenced themselves to complete silence over the issue, and this discipline is being kept in an unusually meticulous manner by the senior and less senior commentators in the Israeli media.

Iranians taking pleasure
The reasons for the contradictions between the way Israel is constantly extra careful about Russia's (and China's) honor and the apparently irresistible need in Jerusalem to lash out at the US, its president, its secretary of state, the gutless and weak negotiators, may be revealed some day.

These days, Israel is not limiting its mocking criticism against Washington and its Middle Eastern policy: While Russia is described as a resolved, brave country engaging in a smart, shrewd and winning policy – the US is presented as hesitant, afraid, powerless, and therefore defeated.

The Iranians can take pleasure in seeing America's ally declare on a daily basis with hysterical cries of despair that Washington is going from bad to worse. It's safe to assume that Putin is finding this situation convenient and desirable as well, as he is enjoying both worlds in the Middle East – one which is his ally, and the other which is careful not to publicly offend his honor and status.

The US president must envy his Russian rival for the respect he receives in Israel as opposed to the daily dose of scorn and alienation served to our "ally" time and again. As the public has no knowledge about the reason for the echoing silence in Israel over Russian's policy in the region as opposed to the frequent criticism directed at the US, we should only hope that the people up there know some things that we don't. I have my doubts.
Source: Israel striking Obama, rooting for Putin - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
[HR][/HR]
All that glitters, is not gold. I think I am going to disappoint someone now.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yes so Russia is supporting the building of nuclear plants in Iran.That would mean US-Israel ties would become even stronger.How is the article claiming Israel hates US?I thought Israel was the bosom buddy of US.

Also @pmaitra there is a talk back section at the end of the article.Do check it out.Also if you are not offended do you not live in the US(I mean the location tells me so)?

(P.S. OT but I have the same surname as you)

Samar Rathi

Country flag
@Samar Rathi

What!!!1)We were not technologically inferior!!!!.Believe me brother we were .We Indians did put a fight against the British.There was the 1857 rebellion where thousands of brave Indians died.Before that there was the Sanyasi rebellion(the basis for vande matataram),the Santhali rebellion etc.Many kingdoms did fight the British.In all the battles the British fought they were usually outnumbered yet they won these battles.2)This was due to advanced European warfare tactics and latest weapons they brought to the battlefield.They had line infantry with muskets,mortars,dragoons etc.All their cannons and muskets could fire at a greater range than Indian guns(which were also scarce in number).Also their weapons had greater accuracy.This was the only reason some 2000 British troops would defeat 15,000 Indian troops.Well at least I knew we were only technically inferior but if you say socially,structurally let it be so.

3)As for USA using ally countries as pawns.What about south korea,west germany,nato countries etc.Today can you compare South Korea with North Korea?(4unless you follow the great majestic emperor KIm Jong Un :cool2: that NK is better than SK you will know the truth).

5Also its not true that US sees us in an inferior position.The Indian American population in US is 3 million.They have a Russian American community also :laugh:(3.13 million).If the US was so bad why would people rush to this country.Whether US sees India as equal or not I cannot tell.Well we certainly do not have the same economic or military capabilities of US.However the true allies of US(not rogue and joke states like Pakistan) have always outperformed and done better than Soviet allied countries like East Germany,North Korea etc(maybe Vietnam is a lone exception)
1)I never said we were not technologically inferior but i mentioned that was not the main reason we lost.(don't go far just check US invasion of taliban/Afganistan)

2)No matter how advanced hardware you posses war always fought in people mind and when you accept your defeat then you lost.Your thinking greatly advertise that so that's why i was so pissed because that means our ancestors who died fighting foreigners died for nothing.

3)Yes good but what about Pakistan/Taliban/any middle eastern country for sake and don't fool yourself if you think USA will ever categorize India as Japan/germany developed country league .

4)North Korea is puppet state of China not Russia (unless you have some dubious facts ).This is the strong point i want to make there are good example and bad example for being puppet country for another country but in long run it's not good for anyone.

We have long partnership with Russia in Energy and Security field and with US not so much : | However you want to play puppet state of USA over partnership with Russia ?(perhaps you prefer money and big bungalow over freedom but that's your choice)

5)Yes great example :|

You are saying there are 3 million people in USA are Indian-American so they respect us well what about Black people which was treated like slave for centuries?also don't forget current Devyani khobragade case as well as plenty of others in past.

However my main concern is towards mainland Indian not NRI so over all i will wish India to side with Russia as a partner or be neutral but no way we will play as puppet state of Murica.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
However my main concern is towards mainland Indian not NRI so over all i will wish India to side with Russia as a partner or be neutral but no way we will play as puppet state of Murica.
1)If not for technological reasons what was the main reason
2)Never said we accepted defeat.Read my post again.I told you despite being technically inferior we organised rebellions.I know we were brave and did not accept rule by British.We lost only because we lacked weapons.
3)Middle eastern countries are doing well.I have already stated what Pakistan is.
4)North Korea was once under the sphere of influence of Soviet Russia.Soviets aided NK but now china does so.
5)Slavery was abolished long ago.How does US now treat the immigrants there?Just ask someone like pmaitra etc
Also I am not asking India to be puppet state of Russia.You know there is a thing called siding with the strong.By siding with Russia India will end up doing nothing(except killing half its population)What has happened to former soviet allied countries like Cambodia etc

Also do not thing Russia is a pure and noble friend.In the past Russia had often turned upon its so called allies and gobbled up small states.Check out about Catherine the Great,Polish Lithuania Commonwealth, Crimean Khan-ate etc .

I want India to be safe,not a puppet state.To be safe you have to be with the strongest.

(About Devyani case,well her husband is american citizen ,her daughters are american and I think even she is eligible for american citizenship.There were whispers that being an IFS you cannot be married to a foreign citizen.Also why did she choose American citizenship for her children.:laugh:There was a report her children and husband were coming to India to join her.Sadly the newspapers have stopped reporting that.I dont know if they have come back or not but believe me it seems unlikely.
JNU to diplomatic rescue
)

Last edited:

Samar Rathi

Country flag
1)If not for technological reasons what was the main reason

Read my post i won't repeat again
socially and structurally inferior
2)Never said we accepted defeat.Read my post again.I told you despite being technically inferior we organised rebellions.I know we were brave and did not accept rule by British.We lost only because we lacked weapons.

Those who organized rebellions were not defeated but how about majority of India who were working for british already accepted Britishers as master race as you showing your mentality towards Americans.Those rebellious/nationalist people reminded, "war is not over yet" to those who already accepted the defeat and serving their imperial masters.

3)Middle eastern countries are doing well.I have already stated what Pakistan is.

You gotta be kidding me :|

They are doing ok not because of USA but because of their never give up mentality against USA

4)North Korea was once under the sphere of influence of Soviet Russia.Soviets aided NK but now china does so.
Your point ?

Make your mind why North Korea is poor and you will understand it's because of US and China influence over One country Korea so we should learn from this and hence we should not pick any side but if we have no choice then we should side with Russians

5)Slavery was abolished long ago.How does US now treat the immigrants there?Just ask someone like pmaitra etc
Also I am not asking India to be puppet state of Russia.You know there is a thing called siding with the strong.By siding with Russia India will end up doing nothing(except killing half its population)What has happened to former soviet allied countries like Cambodia etc

Also do not thing Russia is a pure and noble friend.In the past Russia had often turned upon its so called allies and gobbled up small states.Check out about Catherine the Great,Polish Lithuania Commonwealth, Crimean Khan-ate etc .

I want India to be safe,not a puppet state.To be safe you have to be with the strongest.

(About Devyani case,well her husband is american citizen ,her daughters are american and I think even she is eligible for american citizenship.There was a report her children and husband were coming to India to join her.Sadly the newspapers have stopped reporting that.I dont know if they have come back or not but believe me it seems unlikely.)

Neither should i want India to be puppet of Russia so what's your point?

Did russia ever put pressure or sanctions on India ?

Did Usa ?
:rolleyes:
Answer in bold

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yes I have read your posts but what was the social and structural defects of Indians against British can you please explain me??

My point is if India is forced to pick a side join the strongest side and currently thats USA.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Answer in bold
"Those who organized rebellions were not defeated but how about majority of India who were working for british already accepted Britishers as master race as you showing your mentality towards Americans.Those rebellious/nationalist people reminded, "war is not over yet" to those who already accepted the defeat and serving their imperial masters."-Samar Rathi

Those who organized rebellions were not defeated.So in 1857,Sanyasi rebellion the people were not defeated and killed by the British??!!!#@#:shocked:

prohumanity

Country flag
Peter, To be safe you don't have to be with the strong...Actually..YOU have to be strong. But, If you start out with the mindset of being with the strong ,you ,yourself can never be the strong. Did US decided to be with the strong? No. It decided to be the strong.
As for South Korea, yes they have material comfort but they live in fear of N.Korea every single day and are at the mercy of their masters in the West.
Your comment about Indian-Americans is inaccurate. I am one of them. First, you have to differentiate between American people and the corporate controlled american regime(govt). These are two different animals. Americans are great human beings and have a great sense of justice for all.
Indian-Americans are liked because they are smart, mostly law abiding and hardworking people . There is no conflict between American people and Indian people. Its the GOVT. ,Stupid ! A self respecting nation is one who does not derive its strength from someone else. It derives its strength
from within. Read US constitution, it's the greatest piece of document ever created...equality and justice for ALL. US govt and greedy groups are temporarily misleading us and tarnishing the image of the great American people ..it's going to change. By the ways, in case of WW-3, does not matter which side you are, it will be MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Peter, To be safe you don't have to be with the strong...Actually..YOU have to be strong. But, If you start out with the mindset of being with the strong ,you ,yourself can never be the strong. Did US decided to be with the strong? No. It decided to be the strong.
Look sir I am neither pro Russian or Pro American.I know both countries pursue their evil agendas.However at the current stage India should side with the strongest side(USA) if it is forced to do so. At least till it has become strong itself.
I know a bit about the US constitution and the condition there.I have a few relatives in US and UK.

prohumanity

Country flag
The fact that you wants to be in shelter of the strong..is the greatest proof of your weakness and lack of courage. US respects strength and do not like
weaklings .
India could remain non-aligned in 70s and 80s when it was weaker....Why can India not remain non-aligned now that it is much stronger? India should be with India.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
As for the US abiding by the constitution and deriving its strength from within I think being an American you should know better than me about this.The Red Indians,Blacks etc they had been once exploited to create the military and economic superpower that's USA.Well I know you might think its strange but in my opinion no country can become great unless it destroys its rivals.The world is just not big enough for two powers. At least history tells us so(Carthage-Rome,France-Britain,USA-USSR)

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Look sir I am neither pro Russian or Pro American.I know both countries pursue their evil agendas.However at the current stage India should side with the strongest side(USA) if it is forced to do so. At least till it has become strong itself.
I know a bit about the US constitution and the condition there.I have a few relatives in US and UK.
Yes ...As I already stated some other Threads ..If we want to Fight against China in Future I sure Russia will Not be a Good Friend for as ..If they act India already loses all balls ..So again we need to Shop in Russia ..But with Americans ..we may Join in NATO To defend ourselves From the Aggressor China Nor be a deep Friendship with America will help us to Kill China

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
The fact that you wants to be in shelter of the strong..is the greatest proof of your weakness and lack of courage. US respects strength and do not like
weaklings .
Well unless we have become strong we have to seek the shelter of the already powerful.Being in the US,you do not know the ground reality in India.India cannot feed its poor,cannot look after its disabled and aged(they lie in the road begging),has no roads(maybe India does not build roads so that in case of an invasion the enemy tanks get stuck who knows :rofl:),is one of the most corrupt nations,has few hospitals(again maybe to prevent enemy soldiers to get treatment) etc.Do you think that such a country can think of being strong and fight with the US?First it should develop basic amenities then it should start its plan for world supremacy.Hmm again I repeat beggars cannot be riders.(Btw if you do visit India please check out our local train systems.I suggest you take a train from Delhi to Howrah.I can proudly say they will beat American train system in many "respects")

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
weaklings .
India could remain non-aligned in 70s and 80s when it was weaker....Why can India not remain non-aligned now that it is much stronger? India should be with India.
You did not follow the entire thread .There was a topic if INDIA is FORCED to pick a side which side will it pick.I am saying if forced under current situation go for USA.If in the future Russia emerges as a superpower then it should go for Russia.Its quite simple.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles