Putin has Defended the Nazi-Soviet Pact

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Your arguments supporting "greatness of Russia" are getting pretty far fetched ;)
And outdated I must say, since even Pluto has already been removed from the planets in the Solar System... Although on second thought it might be a fitting analogy to the Russian Empire, archaic and out of its time.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Razor

The birthplace of Lenin -
As I said in that earlier post.
What one thinks of oneself, primarily determines ethnicity. At least that's what I feel.
So, my brother is born outside of India, doesn't mean he is not Indians.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Your arguments supporting "greatness of Russia" are getting pretty far fetched ;)
But it is true, though.

And outdated I must say, since even Pluto has already been removed from the planets in the Solar System... Although on second thought it might be a fitting analogy to the Russian Empire, archaic and out of its time.
And don't forget, cold.

Just playing along.

pmaitra

I come from a country where free thinking is encouraged and the education system encourages excellence over equality.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As I said in that earlier post.
What one thinks of oneself, primarily determines ethnicity. At least that's what I feel.
So, my brother is born outside of India, doesn't mean he is not Indians.
If he was merely born there but did not grow up there and assimilate to the culture there, that is he was raised there in complete isolation by your parents or that he returned to India to live with you after his birth, then I must say that he is Indian.

pmaitra

Well, I don't know.

I mean there are two ways one could adhere to an ethnicity:
1. one considers himself to be of a particular ethnicity because is was brought up in a particular culture and sticks to that culture, i.e culturally
2. one is born into an ethnicity, i.e., genetically

For
1. Well, he may have been brought up in Russian culture, but it is clear that he is mostly not fond of it, except when useful
2. According to a post about Lenin's ancestors that I made in another thread, Lenin is at best 1/4th ethnically Russian.
You are linking two different things.

Lenin was Russian. Not 100%, but Russian nonetheless.

Lenin was also an ab-nationalist, if I may use that preposition as a prefix. I don't know whether he was a Russophobe or not, but considering his elder brother was executed by the Tsar, he had every reason to be a Tsarophobe and anti-Imperialist. This, and the subsequent policies of suppressing Russian nationalism, his war against the All Russian Kolchak Republic, etc., lend credibility to the theory that he was a Russophobe.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
You are linking two different things.

Lenin was Russian. Not 100%, but Russian nonetheless.

Lenin was also an ab-nationalist, if I may use that preposition as a prefix. I don't know whether he was a Russophobe or not, but considering his elder brother was executed by the Tsar, he had every reason to be a Tsarophobe and anti-Imperialist. This, and the subsequent policies of suppressing Russian nationalism, his war against the All Russian Kolchak Republic, etc., lend credibility to the theory that he was a Russophobe.
Okay.

But did he consider himself Russian ?
I mean with statements like these: "An intelligent Russian, is almost always a Jew or someone with Jewish blood in his veins." I find it hard to believe he considered himself a Russian.

Last edited:

sgarg

I think everybody was unhappy in the USSR. All nationalities were unhappy. This is why it broke up so easily.

Russia today is only a faint resemblance of USSR. It actually behaves like a capitalist country in all its external dealings. We have had quite a few examples of that in recent history. The behaviour of Russians is far apart from Soviets. So Russians have acquired a behaviour akin to French or Italians typical of european empires.

Russian Federation can be called a successor to USSR but not in a political way. It is a successor as it occupies the land and represents the people that lived in USSR before.

Russian Federation does not have the tools of USSR. But it does not have liabilities of USSR either. This is why I consider Russia to be stronger than USSR. USSR was a bloated entity with little internal strength.

jouni

The issue is not about Finland and Finnish food. In fact, when I was a child, one Finnish visiting professor gave me a huge box of chocolate from Finnair. They were even better than Swiss chocolates or so I felt.

The issue that you raised was the decent living being the sole proprietorship of the West.

I just brought out that it was not so.

I said that what may superficially appear as 'decent living', may actually be retrogressive to human well being and health.

If USSR did not accept the Marshall Plan, it in no way means that they had spurred a 'great' offer and hence they are guilty. Why should they have taken on that offer and become enslaved to Western magnanimity and appear holding out a begging bowl as they others had done under duress.

Germany or even Japan could have risen as the phoenix without the Marshall Plan. Germany had showed that in the intervening 20 years of the two World Wars and inspite the punitive and unfair provisions of the Treaty of Versailles, Germany not only industrialised itself, but militarily shook the World. Therefore, Germans do not require the 'begging bowl' which the others like Poland requires.

So, let us not compare Poland with Germany or compare Polish resurgence assisted by the US and others and Russia.

One is an independent country charting its own course, while the other (Poland) is but a vassal under the economic protection of the West.
This "vassal" thinking really is something that I do not understand. But to each his own, if your happy with your current "independent India", do not deny the others a change to prosper with co-operation with the best countries in the world by their side. Regarding standard of living, I think that in your climate you can have a good living with quite modest means. When I write this we have -15 degrees outside and the sun is up only few hours, next week starts the polar night when sun never rises for two months. No "loin cloth, eating fruits from trees" -living here ;)

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This "vassal" thinking really is something that I do not understand. But to each his own, if your happy with your current "independent India", do not deny the others a change to prosper with co-operation with the best countries in the world by their side. Regarding standard of living, I think that in your climate you can have a good living with quite modest means.

A lot of pro-Russian Indians bristle at the thought of West dictating anything on India yet they readily accept the imperialist policies of Russia towards Ukraine....

jouni

The "level of paranoia" as you put it, is a subjective measure.
So, to some the level of American propaganda and paranoia would be insane/creepy.

We know of the psychological/propaganda operations of anti-Soviet nature carried out in Europe and in Mainland America.
According to American propaganda, the "commies" seemed to be behind everything "evil". There is a large percentage of American movies were Russians and Soviets are "bad guys". A counterpart of such movies are rare in the Soviet Union.

They even tried to corrupt and contaminate the minds of young children, who are entitled to a happy childhood by filling their hatred into comics. There are plenty, a few below:

The Americans are the undisputed and reigning champions of propaganda.
The Americans even had crazy ideas like air-dropping XXL condoms on to Soviet cities after marking them as "Medium" so as "to demoralize them against an anatomically superior American army."
This "genius" plan wasn't carried out, though.
In the war they showed what it means when a democratic country wages war compared to a dictatorship. US and UK combined losses of life were under 1 million and SU and Germany combined losses were over 35 Million. Democracies emphasizes protection of own soldiers and rely on the use of material superiority against enemy. Of course majority of fighting was done in Eastern front, but still it is sure that democratic countries cannot sustain catastrophic losses in the battlefield the same way dictators can.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This "vassal" thinking really is something that I do not understand. But to each his own, if your happy with your current "independent India", do not deny the others a change to prosper with co-operation with the best countries in the world by their side. Regarding standard of living, I think that in your climate you can have a good living with quite modest means.
OK, not vassal. Surrogate, camp follower, beholden, whatever so long as you got the gist.

Yes, Indian psyche inculcates the beauty of making do without crass materialism ruling the day.

This film song encompasses that idea (sad that you won't understand, but get an Indian friend to explain it to you in your language)

Though I will concede that India is changing thanks to intermixing with the global community and greed is creeping in.

Of course we will interact with all the countries whoever can help. Ideologies do not matter since they do not affect us.

In our climate and it ranges from the heat of the desert to the cold of the Siachen Glacier that is colder than what you experience in Finland, we still make it a habit to live with out modest means and without the delights of processed food and instead fresh food.

Thank you for your concern, but we are seriously sad that what you claim as 'decent living' is hardly decent since it smacks of dubious and crass commericalism and horrifying materialism.

Think of the spiritual and maybe you will go places. And be satisfied with what God has given and not be greedy, charmed by flashy and yet useless cosmetic pizazz.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A lot of pro-Russian Indians bristle at the thought of West dictating anything on India yet they readily accept the imperialist policies of Russia towards Ukraine....
It is not only pro Russian Indians, but all Indians who bristle with pompous platitudes and homilies given by anyone or any country.

Maybe this phenomenon is a stranger in Malaysia who are happy to be dictated to for everything and anything.

No one in India feels Russia is doing it right in Ukraine and no one in India finds justification of acolytes of the West, who want to project that the West are pure as driven snow. The media, including western media and US Congressmen prove it otherwise that the West is purer than the snow of Mount Etna.

Good to see a citizen of a Nation that is moving towards fundamentalist Islam is a acolyte of the West, who in any case, is responsible for fomenting and encouraging the same.

jouni

OK, not vassal. Surrogate, camp follower, beholden, whatever so long as you got the gist.

Yes, Indian psyche inculcates the beauty of making do without crass materialism ruling the day.

This film song encompasses that idea (sad that you won't understand, but get an Indian friend to explain it to you in your language)

Though I will concede that India is changing thanks to intermixing with the global community and greed is creeping in.

Of course we will interact with all the countries whoever can help. Ideologies do not matter since they do not affect us.

In our climate and it ranges from the heat of the desert to the cold of the Siachen Glacier that is colder than what you experience in Finland, we still make it a habit to live with out modest means and without the delights of processed food and instead fresh food.

Thank you for your concern, but we are seriously sad that what you claim as 'decent living' is hardly decent since it smacks of dubious and crass commericalism and horrifying materialism.

Think of the spiritual and maybe you will go places. And be satisfied with what God has given and not be greedy, charmed by flashy and yet useless cosmetic pizazz.
I think Finland and India should start to do military co-operation, send some troops here for training and they can tell you that we are no more materialistic than India. With Finnish tactics and skills you can solve the Siachen Glacier crisis in no time. It was finnish officers who taught US Army their winter combat skills, we might as well do the same for Indian Army.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Are they?

RC Mazumdar is a very respected historian who was way before Indian got its Independence and other people quoted are way before India was Independent and Indian scriptures quoted are ancient.
Actually, I was asking about Samaren Roy...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think Finland and India should start to do military co-operation, send some troops here for training and they can tell you that we are no more materialistic than India. With Finnish tactics and skills you can solve the Siachen Glacier crisis in no time. It was finnish officers who taught US Army their winter combat skills, we might as well do the same for Indian Army.

Finland teaching India?

Are you joking?

The US, UK, Russia etc come here for training in Counter Insurgency and Winter Warfare to include High Altitude Warfare.

Note this is not the Joke Thread.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, I was asking about Samaren Roy...
Actually, he is not important to the issue.

What is of import is what he quotes from authors and Vedic and pre Vedic times with links.

jouni

Finland teaching India?

Are you joking?

The US, UK, Russia etc come here for training in Counter Insurgency and Winter Warfare to include High Altitude Warfare.

Note this is not the Joke Thread.
Somehow I have the feeling that if you put Indian special forces soldiers with Finnish guys when they go by skies to the wilderness for weeks without food, the Indian guys would not last.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Somehow I have the feeling that if you put Indian special forces soldiers with Finnish guys when they go by skies to the wilderness for weeks without food, the Indian guys would not last.

Good man, the lantern.

Fasting is no big deal for Indians.

Heard of Modi's visit to the USA and he had only water to sustain himself for 9 days and got about his task including the massive rally at Madison Square Garden?

Indian soldiers are trained to go without food and sleep for days and we do have more exotic wilderness than you can imagine. Not merely coniferous forest, but many others too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles