Putin has Defended the Nazi-Soviet Pact

Discussion in 'Europe and Russia' started by asianobserve, Nov 10, 2014.

1. TrueSpirit1

TrueSpirit1 The Nobody Banned

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: Superb observation, Sir, as usual.

2. sgarg

sgarg Senior Member Senior Member

Not at all. I consider Russia to be a regional power with its sphere of influence. My view is that Ukraine falls into Russia's sphere of influence.

Globalism is a failure as it is causing regional powers to take responsibility for its periphery without getting any benefit in return.

In the multi-polar world, the regional powers of Russia, China, and India will have major say in Asia.

3. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

The idea is to catch your food and still be able to fight, not go without food. But, yes you are equally competent in these matters we agree so.

4. sgarg

@Ray, Are you sure Mr Modi did not eat anything on US trip? Actually there is no need to fast. Soldiers do not need to fast too. Several foods are available in a forest for a vegetarian. I can survive in a forest with only vegetarian diet. Any leaves of shrubs which do not ooze sap or leaves of a fruit bearing tree can be eaten. Roots of some plants have tubers which can be eaten. Obviously fruits and berries can be eaten.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  5. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Was not Lenin a Russian? I mean I do know about Stalin,etc but I thought Lenin was born in Russia??

6. Peter

@pmaitra sir @Razor

Vladimir Lenin Was Part Jewish, Say Declassified KGB Files - TIME

7. Peter

@Ray sir was a high ranking officer in Indian Army. I think he knows more than you on this matters.

8. sgarg

Sure. no offense. However starving is not good for a person on the move carrying heavy load.

Peter likes this.
  9. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

He probably gave more importance to his Jewish lineage than to his Russian lineage.

I consider him to be a Russian, but he might not have considered himself so.

10. jouni

jouni Senior Member Senior Member

Finland back on red alert over expansionist Russia | World news | The Guardian

Yet whatever happened, the government insider insisted, Finland would not kowtow to Moscow. “There is zero appetite for going back to the old way of doing things, to placating and appeasing Russia. We’re not looking for a fight. But we need to be able to deal with Russia. Russia is our everyday reality.”

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The idea is to be able to fight even without hunger pangs.

That is the acme of soldiering.

Even Americans who are constantly found chewing some food or drinking from a paper cup, bank on training their Marines etc in Survival including going without water and food.

In India, we are used to fasting for religious purposes, be it any religion, and so its no big deal to go without food.

12. Ray

Yes, it was widely reported in the Indian and international media, as anyone who reads newspapers know.

He was observing the Navratri fast that Gujarati do.

One does not fast in the Army just for fun. They are trained to go without food for a long time under the Survival Training.

What if one is in a territory where the enemy has evacuated and there is a danger that they might have poisoned the water sources and sprayed the trees?

In such a circumstance, you can be a vegetarian, non vegetarian or a maukatarian, but you will die if you take the poisoned water and plant produce.

Also, there are natural plants that are poisonous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is all theoretical to state that 'plants and berries' can be eaten.

Actually, one can't eat them indiscriminately.

Peter likes this.
  13. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Just like you we are not happy to be dictated, but we are happy to get influences that are applicable to us and work with countries on particular issues that work best for our national interest. You see we are not a giant like India and China who can afford to wield its size as a shield from foreign powers. We are a small country and we must be nimble in our policies so as to balance out the competing influences around us.

I can't believe you haven't read the posts of some of our members here. Sometimes it is already ridiculous as they would even believe the most unjustifiable articles from Russian sources.

We have our internal struggles like a lot of multicultural countries around the World.

14. Ray

Tell me which country works against it own national interest?

What you are stating is is obvious.

However, any country can shield itself from foreign powers, and that too, to a great extent.

It is not that small countries have to be nimble, all countries have to be nimble to balance the contradictions that are posed to their national interest.

India is a democracy and not a dictatorship.

Hence, there is a plethora of views and not all are towards vilification or glorifying any country or view. It would be bigotry to believe that one has to accept one's view so that it does not be termed as 'ridiculous'.

No source is without its agenda, be it Russian or the West, including the US. Remember the US and Western media going berserk about Saddam's Iraq having oodles of WMD? How much of WMD came out or was it a an exercise to drum up international support through a series of fear crazed articles emanating from the US and the West. Now, these articles are what is 'ridiculous', false and agenda driven. So, no one is free of using the media for propaganda.

The statement that Russian sources are the sole sources that are ridiculous, is in itself ridiculous and displaying a blind as a bat affliction.

All countries around the world have their internal struggles.

However, few countries are audacious enough to have a multiethnic and multireligious composition and yet, feeds the fundamentalist elements that are medieval in thought and antediluvian and allow them to rule the roost to the detriment of the well being of those who do not subscribe to such fundamentalism.

15. sgarg

"kowtow to Russia" - Matters have not reached this stage yet, and I do not see any overt move from Moscow to cowtow Finland.
    Finland seems to be in overdrive against Russia. We shall know the reasons in due time.

16. asianobserve

Would it be okay if let's say China violently opposes Vietnam from associating with India either by trade or defence because it falls within the sphere of influence of China?

I don;t understand what you mean. What I know is that regional power competitions have been with us for a long time. It reached its apex in 19th century and climaxed in early 20th century (best remembered by the 2 WWs). The painful experiences of WW1 prodded the different powers to form the League of NAtions so as to regulate relations between countries, especially to protect sovereignties.

Now, globalization to me is a different matter and a totally different thing. This is a recent phenomenon that you can associate to the vast advances in communications and technologies and how world trade is performed starting from the latter part of the 20th century. You and I are debating and exchanging ideas despite our distance and differences in nationality and culture thanks to globalization. To me globalization is the most liberalizing phenomenon that ever happened.

17. sgarg

Can you point out those "unjustifiable sources"?

I can post genuine Western sources which are very uncomfortable about Western moves in Russian sphere of influence.

18. Ray

Europe is a different place after the collapse of the USSR.

It is now a monolithic bloc breathing down the Russian border.

And it has the backing of the US and other powerful European nations, in all forms, to include economic and military.

Finland has jumped up on this bandwagon.

So, there is no need any more for Finland to kowtow to Russia.

It can now show its brave face and cock a snook.

19. sgarg

India takes the reaction of China into consideration its relations with Vietnam. India is taking consideration of China in its Tibet policy. The Chinese sometimes behave like babies which is a different issue.

USA cannot take care of all nations. The time of a single superpower is over. USA taking care of everybody else has resulted in a 100T+ USD burden on USA. How much more burden can USA take?

The regional powers have to take the burden of ensuring stability in their vicinity.

You talk about "rivalry". You always talk about conflict. We have to first talk about peace. The conflict should be treated as an accident.

Globalization is not working as trade is based on dollar and euro which are national currencies. I shall treat globalization as effective when there is a single currency - probably backed by real assets.

ghost likes this.
  20. asianobserve

I was not referring to you. You are relatively new to the forum. You were not yet around when outrageous articles about MH370 bodies switching and other ridiculous Russian-sourced articles were being posted here with the posters seriously entertaining them as true.