Punish Alagiri men or I will quit: Stalin

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Parthy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Parthy

Parthy Air Warrior Senior Member

Aug 18, 2010
    In a move that could further fuel the sibling rivalry in the DMK, showcause notices have been issued to 17 supporters of M K Alagiri, Union minister and party strongman, for not attending a public meeting convened by his younger brother M K Stalin.

They have been asked to submit their explanation within a week's time for not attending the April 14 meeting, which was organized to condemn the recent power tariff hike in the state, announced recently by the ruling AIADMK. Stalin reportedly said if action was not taken against those who boycotted the meeting, he would step down as party treasurer, party sources said.

Against this backdrop, showcause notices were issued on Wednesday to the 17, all party office bearers in Madurai, which is Alagiri's home turf. Alagiri, the second son of DMK president M Karunanidhi, is said to have been instrumental in broadening DMK's base in south Tamil Nadu, once considered an AIADMK bastion.

The succession war always dominated the party affairs with Alagiri, considered party's strongman in the south, opposing any change in the party leadership. Alagiri had openly said in the past, if a need arose,he would contest for the party leadership.

Punish Alagiri men or I will quit: Stalin - The Times of India
  3. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

Jan 17, 2010
    At the 1st sight of Stalin I was petrified