Protests over controversial Prophet Mohammad film spread

blank_quest

Country flag
Re: French Mag to Publish Cartoons of Prophet Mohammed

it is going to be serious nutjob this time,, i mean people will become more insane

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

A French satirical magazine is set to publish several cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed on Wednesday, a move that is likely to inflame the Islamic faithful and militants who have already rioted in more than 20 countries over a movie mocking the prophet.
Depictions of the prophet are strictly prohibited and considered blasphemous by Muslims. Cartoons of Muhammad published in Denmark in 2005 and then reproduced in newspapers across Europe triggered riots throughout the Mideast and Africa. Churches and embassies were torched and at least 100 people died in the outbreaks and police crackdowns.
The magazine "Charlie Hebdo" has confirmed that it will publish the cartoons, but has not revealed what they will depict. French newspaper "Le Monde" reports that some of the cartoons show the prophet in "particularly explicit poses," without providing any further detail.
The move comes as Muslims are still simmering after riots in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and nearly 20 other countries over the move "Innocence of Muslims." U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died during an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
French government ministers have criticized the magazine's decision and police in Paris have stepped up security around its offices.
France is home to Europe's largest Muslim population, and the senior cleric at Paris' biggest mosque has appealed for followers to remain calm, according to the French news agency AFP.
The magazine has defended the move by invoking the right to free speech. Speaking on French radio, the magazine's director explained that a decision not to publish would "hand victory to a handful of extremists that are causing a commotion in the world and in France."
It's not the first time the anti-establishment, left-wing magazine has courted controversy. In 2011 the offices of "Charlie Hedbo" were bombed after it published an Arab Spring edition with the Prophet Muhammad as "guest editor" on the cover.

French Mag to Publish Cartoons of Prophet Mohammed - Yahoo! News

Is there anything which is not considered blasphemous by Muslims? :dude:

Killings/Riots of innocents over cartoons is what this so called "Religion of Peace and Tolerance" can do? The original point of the film is proving itself right now.

amoy

Is there anything which is not considered blasphemous by Muslims? :dude:

Killings/Riots of innocents over cartoons is what this so called "Religion of Peace and Tolerance" can do? The original point of the film is proving itself right now.
On the contrary I think those Frenchmen are indeed provocative, and stupid. Why don't they pay heed to others' sensitivities

France is home to Europe's largest Muslim population
The people who live in glass house should not throw stones. But again and again they did so. :toilet: Who on earth has got insane?

Blackwater

Trying to cash on the present situation. This might backfire as France cater the largest Muslim population in Europe.
:devious:
that is also full of Moroccans who like pakis love of be thakedars,

ashdoc

Country flag

I think what will happen will be more interesting than any movie :thumb:

After it happens I shall write ' ashdoc's review ' of whatever happened :rofl:

Wait for it :lol:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

:facepalm:

I think people enjoy pissing off muslims and they know what the reaction will be. But then it will bring in publicity too.

Saying it will publish cartoons itself is a publicity seeking statement.

pankaj nema

Country flag

The advance booking of that Magazine will be awe some

Good business sense :p

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

I wonder they publish cartoons of Christ and ridicule pop and the Church as well ?

PS: I am against such acts. Please do not post Pictures to prove your point , A link or a post on its face value is accepted to me.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If Kate (Duchess of Cambridge)'s topless pictures can be stopped from circulation by the French Govt, surely they can stop the publishing of Mohammed's cartoons.

This, I would say, is double standards.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

This is just stupid and insensitive. Legal action should be taken against them.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The French Far right party which is called National Front Party will get a massive boost
in case of violence breaking out

France has a substantial Muslim population

So there will be substantial fireworks

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
:wat: They're closing the Embassies and Schools? That implies the Govt. is not going to stop the cartoon from publishing.
Truly scary !!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

On the contrary I think those Frenchmen are indeed provocative, and stupid. Why don't they pay heed to others' sensitivities

The people who live in glass house should not throw stones. But again and again they did so. :toilet: Who on earth has got insane?
Seems like it's only non-muslims who need to pay heed to "others" sensitivities. :dude:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
:wat: They're closing the Embassies and Schools? That implies the Govt. is not going to stop the cartoon from publishing.
Truly scary !!
^^ What's truly scary is people going crazy over pictures and movies, and to see people being manipulated so easily by "religious leaders".

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

If Kate (Duchess of Cambridge)'s topless pictures can be stopped from circulation by the French Govt, surely they can stop the publishing of Mohammed's cartoons.

But the Royal family didn't start rioting/killings even after those pics.

Thats the difference.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Actually the court is only ordering a $13,000 fine every time the pictures are circulated. The magazine agreed not to publish them again. The difference is invasion of privacy over freedom of speech.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles