Prostitution in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ganesh177, Jan 20, 2012.

?

What zone you want india to be into ?

1. Green

100.0%
  2. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member

After watching that little drama in ukraine over prositution and visa policy of india, i tried to find out why india do not legalise prositution, coz so far i thought its illegal in india, until i found this link below. I was surprised to see india represented in blue and not in red. Which means prostitution (the exchange of sex for money) is legal, but brothels are illegal; prostitution is not regulated.

Prostitution by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would you like to see india further in that green zone where prositution is perfectly legalised and regulated ?
    What do you think are pros and cons of legalising and regulating prostitution in india.

Or would you like to see india in red zone where prostitution is illegal and why ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  3. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

First if their are red zones.... people can know where the brothels are and they can see who goes into them. So it will cut down certain percentage of people who goes into the brothels. Also government can monitor the prostitutes and their activity. Prostitutes can check their health without being humiliated. Government can virtually stop underage prostitution.

4. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

there is no use fighting prostitution better make it legal and give them rights.

ejazr and Tomcat like this.
  5. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

People should be allowed to do whatever they voluntarily want to do. But all voluntary actions does not necessary be a reflection of the right way, and we as a society must be able to distinguish them and discourage what is unethical in black and white.

ejazr likes this.
  6. H.A.

H.A. Senior Member Senior Member

I read the Wikipedia link and it was an Eye opener....:shocked:...i never knew Prostitution was legal in India in any form, not only female but also male prostitution was also prevalent in India and in demand...

7. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

unnecessary...............................

8. Sridhar

Sridhar House keeper Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.