Prosecute AK Anthony for defence procurement lapses

Hari Sud

Country flag
In six years of leadership, too many defence issues were slowed resulting in drop in Indian defence preparedness. Every procurement item was either delayed or bureaucracy ignored its urgency like ammunition purchases, spares or placing orders for urgently needed items, excessive influence of arms pedlars, quarrel with the serving COAS, the most complicated RFI, test and approval process etc. In fact, he corrupted the whole system with layers and layers of bureaucracy with each layer looking forward to pocket some money. In fact he was a major embarrassment with his puritan views. In my opinion he should be asked in court of law to explain his conduct or misconduct.

That six years of his stewardship will require another six to fix the problems he has built.

He is silent these days. He should find an opportunity to explain everything.

Hari Sud

Country flag
I will go one step ahead. I will not only prosecute Anthony but the whole bureacracy who were supporting him.

abingdonboy

Country flag
In six years of leadership, too many defence issues were slowed resulting in drop in Indian defence preparedness. Every procurement item was either delayed or bureaucracy ignored its urgency like ammunition purchases, spares or placing orders for urgently needed items, excessive influence of arms pedlars, quarrel with the serving COAS, the most complicated RFI, test and approval process etc. In fact, he corrupted the whole system with layers and layers of bureaucracy with each layer looking forward to pocket some money. In fact he was a major embarrassment with his puritan views. In my opinion he should be asked in court of law to explain his conduct or misconduct.

That six years of his stewardship will require another six to fix the problems he has built.

It's over now, let's just be thankful the loser is gone! No doubt he -----ed things up royally but it's time to draw a line and look foreword. No doubt things will get better- $4 BILLION+ USD deals cleared since the new Govt came into power! If this is the way things are going to go then only good times are ahead!!

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

I will go one step ahead. I will not only prosecute Anthony but the whole bureacracy who were supporting him.
Can we have the trial in army court rather than having in civilian court..... After all he was Defense minister...

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
It's over now, let's just be thankful the loser is gone! No doubt he -----ed things up royally but it's time to draw a line and look foreword. No doubt things will get better- $4 BILLION+ USD deals cleared since the new Govt came into power! If this is the way things are going to go then only good times are ahead!!
sorry but we need to set an example by punishing this person .....

This No Deal No Scam policy adopted by him screwed the defense of our nation.....

HANG HIM......

Otm Shank

prosecuting high up former cabinet members will make india look like a banana republic and make people lose further confidence in the system.

The thing you can do is appoint better people and keep them accountable who will do a better job. history's judgement will be his punishment.

I can tell you as an outsider looking in the campaign and first few months of modi rule has turned india's image into one of a cohesive pragmatic nation instead of one thats into petty retribution. Why taint that to satiate our anger over lost time?

Last edited:

ninja85

I can tell you as an outsider looking in the campaign and first few months of modi rule has turned india's image into one of a cohesive pragmatic nation instead of one thats into petty retribution.
i felt good hearing that and lets hope corrupt congress will never ever return back in power.

Otm Shank

I think its important to remember Anyone can be "congress" if you let them from Mr Modi to Lord Rama himself. Its about accountability and the average person being reasonable and involved in the politic process. To me thats the glaring difference from the ground up in the last few months, an attitudinal change in indians collective psyche.

pmaitra

There is a thing that we need to understand.

Anthony was part of an elected government. Don't like him, vote him, and his government, out. Prosecuting him for what? He did not do his job well, agreed, but part of the reason is he did not want to get accused of corruption.

We need to get over ourselves and this attitude of witch-hunting.

SilentKiller

Country flag
There is a thing that we need to understand.

Anthony was part of an elected government. Don't like him, vote him, and his government, out. Prosecuting him for what? He did not do his job well, agreed, but part of the reason is he did not want to get accused of corruption.

We need to get over ourselves and this attitude of witch-hunting.
Best comment ever....

Hope people try and learn from what this comment means.
democracy has one of the best weapons to kick out non performers that's called vote..

a sincere question to thread starter..
Did u vote this time??
no need to tell whom u voted, it should be secret :p
else if u haven't then starting such useless topics will not help.

A person who doesn't vote and person who doesn't pays his dues back.
for me he loses his right to question government or even suggest what to do.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles