Project-75I class SSK Submarines

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Brahmos missile diameter is 23 inch and regular torpedo is 533mm that's 21 inch.
If we can decrease it's diameter by 2 inch and reduce weight we can fit it torpedo tubes.
If that is possible we don't need VLS system so that any we can scrap P-75I and with that 8+ billion we can construct 14-16 submarines with AIP.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Brahmos missile diameter is 23 inch and regular torpedo is 533mm that's 21 inch.
If we can decrease it's diameter by 2 inch and reduce weight we can fit it torpedo tubes.
If that is possible we don't need VLS system so that any we can scrap P-75I and with that 8+ billion we can construct 14-16 submarines with AIP.
We will need VLS for other missile systems too. These subs will serve 20-30 years and will cater to upcoming k series and other long range missiles too.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Japanese have 2 big advantages.

1) Japan has invested billions of dollars in India...... They are investing more in Indian infrastructure projects and economy...... Creating millions of jobs.
So we can return the favor by buying Japanese products.

2)we have a common enemy =China..... So we can make our common strategy to counter china.
1) I'm sure Japan invest a lot in India just for your beautifull eyes....
2) It was the same equation with Australia : same threat. And you know who was the winner.

airtel

Country flag
1) I'm sure Japan invest a lot in India just for your beautifull eyes....

2) It was the same equation with Australia : same threat. And you know who was the winner.
1) this is true..... Japanese helped a lot in development of infrastructure and industries in India......and created millions of jobs.
Today you will find very few French, German, American or Chinese car or motorcycle on Indian roads ...... And yes Japanese companies have invested a lot in Indian infrastructure development too.

2) French can also get that opportunity in India and I believe all these technologies like jet engines, stealth and submarine technologies were discussed by French and Indian officials.

Now what are the technologies we will get if we buy billions of dollars worth of submarines and aircrafts ?? How French can help us in development of jet engines technologies , stealth technologies like used in nursery n and other submarine related technologies ??

If France is not ready to share any critical technology then why we should buy French weapon systems ??

Atleast Japan will not sell their weapons to China or Pakistan but French will sell their weapons to our enemies .....Pakistan is still using French submarines and China is still using French engines in their halicopters.

For money you can share all the capabilities and shortcomings of India weapon systems with our enemies ( remember Falkland wars ?? )

There is no comparison between India and Australia and what they do with their money is non of our business, entire NATO will protect them in the case of war.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Atleast Japan will not sell their weapons to China or Pakistan but French will sell their weapons to our enemies .....Pakistan is still using French submarines and China is still using French engines in their halicopters.
Indeed.
Agosta deal is quite old now. Since France refused to sell RC400 radar and Mica missile to Pak.

And don't remember that Russia sells planes to you and China.(Su35 is the latest bid)... and engines to you, China and Pak....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
For money you can share all the capabilities and shortcomings of India weapon systems with our enemies ( remember Falkland wars ?? )
GB is one of our closest ally ! They fought with and for us in WW1 and WW2 !!!

And don't remember that the exocet sunk a destroyer and fired some other GB ships.... so we probably didn't have given all the datas possible....

airtel

Country flag
GB is one of our closest ally ! They fought with and for us in WW1 and WW2 !!!

And don't remember that the exocet sunk a destroyer and fired some other GB ships.... so we probably didn't have given all the datas possible....

What your so called '' closest allies '' think about you.
According to a documentarybroadcast on BBC Radio 4 last night, the French cheated on us during the Falklands War by helping the Argies while they were pretending to help us.  :bplease::bplease:

And don't remember that Russia sells planes to you and China.(Su35 is the latest bid)... and engines to you, China and Pak....
whataboutism ?? :laugh::laugh:

Screenshot_20170816-234129.png

Please tell me what new critical weapon systems were bought by India in the last 5 years from Russia ???

We are just buying ammunition or components of old weapon systems which we already have .

And yes Russia is the only country after USA which developed a 5th generation fighter and still look what we are demanding from them =

India is looking to have the right to export the final product and is seeking Russian approval. The Research and Development (R&D) round of the cooperation is in its final stages.
When R&D phase will get over and you are not able to produce and sell, what is the point in developing? Whether we will have right to produce because there will be some IPRs over which Russia will have claims? All these important aspects are being clarified properly," said Parrikar, Sputnik reported.

http://amp.ibtimes.co.in/india-questions-russias-stance-stealth-fighter-project-711117

What is wrong in this deal if we get manufacturing and exporting rights of a fifth generation fighter ?? We can use these technologies to develop AMCA too.

If we could get a good deal from France then we should buy French submarines otherwise Japan.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Russia also helps us build nuclear submarines and supersonic /hypersonic cruise missiles. It also lends us nuclear submarines to operate for experience.

So Russia is allowed much more leeway than what France can afford.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
There is an acute shortage of subs with IN. Current order of scorpenes will only replace old subs. If we want to increase the numbers, We need more scorpenes (a follow up order) before 75i.

BTW Looking at the offerings it looks like 75i will be a fierce competition. Lets hope MoD doesn't drag this project in
bureaucratic complexities. We can't afford anymore delays.

Khagesh

Brahmos NG or what used to be Brahmos-Mini is meant to be fired from both the VLS and from the torpedo tubes besides being carried 3X on the Su-30MKI

The current Brahmos-1 cannot be fired the way Exocet is obviously because its too bulky and with a bigger dia. And this is not a torpedo tube problem. Even though the Russians have bigger non-standard torpedo tubes too in their inventory. The problem may still remain with bigger torpedo tubes too, because while being fired from the torpedo tubes the missile has to have an encapsulation which itself is quite big.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Please tell me what new critical weapon systems were bought by India in the last 5 years from Russia ???
Didn't you purchased a licence for more Su30mki?
Didn't you leased recently a russian SSN?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
There is an acute shortage of subs with IN. Current order of scorpenes will only replace old subs. If we want to increase the numbers, We need more scorpenes (a follow up order) before 75i.

BTW Looking at the offerings it looks like 75i will be a fierce competition. Lets hope MoD doesn't drag this project in
bureaucratic complexities. We can't afford anymore delays.
DCNS offered some month ago a follow on order for 3 more Scorpene made in india.

bhramos

Country flag
How many subs produced ?
How deep is the skill of Kockums ?

A nice pic is not all. Just see the US F35 : very nice on powerpoint, unimpressive in the air.
none produced...............

Test depth: 200 m (656 ft 2 in)

under development non ordered..........

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Saab A26 "Kockums" is it not the successor to the Gotland class

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Russian subs usually used 533 and 650mm tubes if I remember well. So why not integrate bigger tubes on future indian subs?

Global Defence

Articles