Problem with my webcam

I

INDIANBULL

Guys i ahve a problem with webcam recording, whenever i shoot a clip in my room my webcam records it in AVI files, these AVI files are too large too be saved on hard disk eg. a 5 minute avi clip is about 2gb in size. Well now you guys must have understood my problem i.e. if i want to make multiple movies with half-1 hour duration it will eat all of my hard disk.

Also whenever i try to convert avi files inot mpeg or wmv file to decrease the saving space it degrades the movie clip and also frame rate becomes too high.
Anybody please give me a solution to fix this problem, if some knows better software which records in a different format and makes movies in a lesser space please give me a link to download, thanking you in anticipation.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Bull , If can you post the name and make of the Web cam we can search in some internet forums .

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Bull ask Gokul- Enlightened monk, he is very knowledgeable with tech.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Try Dr. Divx, you can manually select the required frame rate/ projected space and a lots of other stuffs.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
IndianBull,

Have you checked the resolution you are taking the videos on ?
Thats is the single biggest factor in increasing the size.
And as stated above... which webcam ?

I

INDIANBULL

Thanks people for your solutions.
Thanx Payeng your solution(dr.divx) converter is the best i got and is working well though i tried many converter softwares but dr.divx performs better than others.

Sohamsri i am using a frontech webcam, model-crystal, it records clips in avi format only and they are too large in size to be stored on hard disk or other media, i dunno whats the resolution of clip, it may be 600*400 pixel ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles