Priyanka Vadra says Varun's action 'betrayal of family'

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Priyanka Vadra says her cousin Varun Gandhi's action amounts to ‘betrayal of family’

AMETHI/SULTANPUR: In sharp escalation of their war of words, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday fired yet another salvo at Varun Gandhi saying the Lok Sabha elections is "an ideological war" and that his actions amounted to "betrayal" of the family.

The crossing of swords between the two cousins occurred early in the morning from across nearby towns in the midst of electioneering as Varun filed his nomination from Sultanpur constituency.

Varun also hit back at her accusing her of "crossing limits of decency" and said that one cannot raise one's stature by belittling somebody.

"This is not a family tea party. It is an ideological war. I believe anybody, no matter how close they are, own blood relations ... if they are going to be on that side of the ideological divide.

"He had expressed his views in the last elections and I do not agree with them at all. I strongly disagree with them. It is a betrayal of my family. My father died for the unity of this country. I cannot disregard it for anybody even if it is my own child," Priyanka told reporters in Amethi, where she was campaigning for her brother Rahul.

She was apparently referring to the controversy Varun had created in the last elections when he addressed an election rally in Pilibhit constituency which was widely denounced as a hate speech.

A couple of days earlier she had remarked that Varun had gone "astray" and should be shown the right path.

Varun also gave back in same measure to Priyanka suggesting that she crossed the "lakshman rekha of decency" and noted that his "decency and large-heartedness" should not be construed as a weakness by anyone.

Breaking his silence over his cousin Priyanka's remark that he has gone "astray", Varun said nobody can raise one's stature by belittling somebody.

The 34-year-old BJP leader also said that his "decency and large-heartedness" should not be construed as a weakness by anyone.

Varun, who filed his nomination from Sultanpur Lok Sabha seat after holding a massive road show here, also chose the occasion to hail the leadership of Narendra Modi after remaining silent over him for over a month during his campaign in his new parliamentary constituency bordering Amethi and Rae Bareli, the Nehru-Gandhi family pocket borough.

Four local BJP leaders from upper caste and OBC communities signed as proposers in his nomination

Hard selling his son of the soil image, the BJP general secretary repeatedly invoked his father Sanjay Gandhi's name while addressing a public meeting in the city drawing cheers from the crowd.

Talking of his commitment to the politics of decency and decorum, Varun claimed that he never crossed the "lakshman rekha of decency" against his family members or senior leaders of opposition parties.

Gandhi, an MP from Plibhit, switched to Sultanpur this time and is considered to be in a strong position.

Rahul Gandhi, who represents neighbouring Amethi held a road show in 16km area of Sultanpur when he filed his nomination from Amethi on April 12. The same day, Priyanka Gandhi addressing a gathering of party workers from Sultanpur criticized Varun for BJP links.

"He is definitely from my family, he is my brother. But he has gone astray. When a young one in the family chooses the wrong path, then elders show them the right path, the right way. I urge all of you to show my brother the right path," she had said.

Her comments had invited immediate response from Varun's mother Maneka Gandhi who said if he has gone astray while serving the country, then the country will decide.

Alluding to the spat, Varun said, "These days, lot of things have come up. I just want to tell this much that nobody should treat my decency and large-heartedness as weakness ... There have been a talk about my path. I am a simple youth."

Priyanka Vadra says her cousin Varun Gandhi's action amounts to ‘betrayal of family’ - The Times of India

It appears that the so called First Family is in a desperate blue funk and is leaving no stones unturned, including vilifying her own cousin.

I am yet to understand how Rajiv Gandhi died for the 'unity of the country'.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by LTTE people.

Is Ms Vadra under the impression that North Sri Lanka is a part of India and that is why the IPKF was sent by Mr Gandhi?

If so, she is dead wrong and has no idea about there Indian boundaries begin and where it ends.

I am surprised why the Sonia's children love to bring in macabre falsehood to prove that the family has made great sacrifices for the Nation.

Both Mrs Indira Gandhi and her son were assassinated because of faulty political actions that were not thought out well and professionally.

topgear and angeldude13 like this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

future PM of India

[​IMG]

4. Ray

With an unsavoury baggage of a husband called Robert, it will be a tough call.

Ajeet: Raabert, in kutton ke saamne yeh Compooter laga do aur debugger starrt kar do.
    Raabert: Lekin kyoon, baas?
    Ajeet: Saale Checkpoint mein atak jayenge.

Ajit : Robert, isko Harshad Mehta poison pila do
    Robert : Kyon Baass ?!?
    Ajit : Stoopid, phir yeh GROWMORE sey NO MORE ho jayega !

Robert : Bass muje minister banna hain !
    Ajit : Tum ek file mein baith jao, apne aap cabinet
    mein chale jaoge ! !

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Blackwater

robert will be future zardari of india

Ray likes this.
  6. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Off course, as ruling Gandhi family can't see beyond their family.

I laugh when people call her 'Gandhi' even after knowing that she has become 'Vadra', for the welfare of Congress party !?. Rahul Gandhi has crossed 40, still bachelor, he should hurry as after some years it'll be tough for him to beget kids (future PMs of India) :hehe:

BTW if Vadra can earn 50+ crores without entry of her wife into the politics I wonder that if she enters, her husband might become Aasif Ali Zardari of India.

7. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

abhi_the _gr8_maratha Senior Member Senior Member

and what about her her family betraying whole nation

8. Blackwater

9. Ray

I think Priyanka Gandhi, though touted by the Congress Party, is not joining since she will have to file the income of her spouse and that will raise Cain and the Vadreas and Gandhis will be exposed!

There was this photo published showing Vadra cosying up with Adani - the very same man good old Rahul was vilifying!

10. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Why do the fake Gandhi's always forget about the Emergency and the Sikh riots? If operation Bluestar would have been undertaken by BJP it would have been termed communal. If it were Modi who would have ordered the army to go inside the Golden temple, the liberals would have gone after him. These so called liberals are only part of the cocktail circuit at Lutyens' in Delhi, which has been entertained by Congress since independence. They have no clue about India, Indians and their needs. They are afraid that a person with a humble background like Mod, a chaiwalla, i will enter their paradise and break the walls they have created to distance themselves with the rest of general population. About time these walls are brought down.

11. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Adani's are pure businessman. They are not the cruel and wicked type that has been portrayed by the AAP and the Congress (I say this from experience of people who know them personally). Every businessman needs to have contacts. Nothing wrong in it unless and until the legislator is being given monetary benefit from a deal.

12. Ray

That is fine.

But, on the one hand, brother in law Rahul find Adani reprehensible, while on the other hand, brother i law Rabart, finds Adani adorable!

Odd since Priyanka condemns Varun for going astray on ideological grounds i.e. must have one family view!

The Gandhi Vadra are a confused lot?

Or they love to talk through both end of their cheek.

Ei bhi wah wah, tan bhi wah wah!

13. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

Gandhi family had the realization set in that they are not going to come back to power this time... whether BJP / NDA gets majority or not....

Not only the thought of loss of power [without responsibility] it is also making them scared with the possibility of prosecution of Vadra on his illegal dealings...

Gandhi family thinks that it is their birth right to loot and plunder country wealth and no one should betray them in their single minded mission of loot and theft ... Since Varun is not with them hence he is a betrayer to that family…

14. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

I realyy donot see why priyanka gandhi drag varun gandhi or raise issued over it

Does she really wanted to change topic of discussion...

Or she fears to take on BJP and co

rock127 likes this.
  15. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Priyanka Vadera's so called fake "Gandhi" family has "betrayed the nation".

Why don't Congis and Sonia ask Priyanka to follow "Bhartiyata" and use the name as" Priyanka Vadera".

How long these parasites would betray nation?

16. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

If you notice Priyanka Vadera has come into limelight just a month back since BJP is unstoppable and all "hook n crook" methods of Congis have failed to counter BJP.

Amul Baby is getting cover fire by Mom and Sister.

17. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha Regular Member

"betrayed family". As if the "family" ever regarded him or gave him his due.

I am happy that varun has decided to chart his own course.

18. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Varun is much better than the Rahul anyday, their LS records prove it. Varun has performed better hence he is a betrayer :sad:.

19. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Varun gandhi entitlement to use the j. Nehru and indira gandhi name is the same compared to rahul and priyanka. In fact he can ask them to stop using until there is a proper discourse on their use by all of them.

Rajiv is different ball game. And Sanjay is different ball game. What is the betrayal that Varun gandhi that priyanka mentions is it in the description of Varun in a hindu majority party and that matches the history of how Rajiv was murdered. Why she does not say it openly.

The impression one gets is that there is a underlying hatred of Hindus by Sonia gandhi, Rahul and priyanka and that is characterised and emphasised and focused on to the bjp.

. From post#1 -> The faulty actions executed and professionals were done by Hindus.

A branch of the Nehru gandhi family is part of the bjp.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014