Private Messaging in Shoutbox

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Hey there guys,

A lot of you blokes have been asking the moderators how to send private messages on the shoutbox and keep the messages secret between only you and the person you're talking to.

So, I have made a video tutorial about the same and have uploaded it for you guys to watch and learn -

YouTube - Shoutbox Usage

But, be warned, the Moderators can see the private messages (or so claims Singh)...

NikSha

But, be warned, the Moderators can see the private messages (or so claims Singh)...
Nah don't think so (breach of privacy at epic proportions, not cool). I sent Saya nuclear launch codes, Singh didn't know nothing.

Unless HE WAS WAITING FOR ME TO REVEAL THEM.

Seriously though, privacy in PM's should be kept, chat box or no chatbox, else there isn't really a point to it is there? Switch to some messenger app if all else fails.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
PM feature is private, shoutbox is not.

In any case if two people want to chat or share sensitive infomation, I suggest using one of the IM/emails Clients as we cannot ensure safety of date in case we are hacked.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if personal massage is not personal then what is point of that ???

NikSha

Yeah I guess you'll just have to avoid Personal messaging as long as mods are around.. which is a lot.. A LOT.. so..

Hell, just send a PM or like I said, get a messenger app for "sensitive" stuff (which you shouldn't talk about in forums anyway.. ever).

PS: I don't even use PM in forums so meh! :p

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
if personal massage is not personal then what is point of that ???
Well, atleast its away from the prying eyes of the people less than moderator status...
Yeah I guess you'll just have to avoid Personal messaging as long as mods are around.. which is a lot.. A LOT.. so..

Hell, just send a PM or like I said, get a messenger app for "sensitive" stuff (which you shouldn't talk about in forums anyway.. ever).

PS: I don't even use PM in forums so meh! :p

We have a Private Messaging feature, which is as the name suggests is Private., mods cannot view those messages.

In the Shoutbox, which is an add-on feature/mod for Vb, the forum software, there is an option to create a private 1-1 IM window which is visible to the mods too.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles