Prince Rurik's real ancestry

jouni

1. No such thing as Finnish Viking (maybe it helps your ego but unfortunately it is a fantasy.)
Vikings are by definition Northern Germanic tribes (Norsemen.) And yes the Vikings who made contact with North America were Norsemen.
Throughout history the Finno-Ugric tribes (from which modern Finnish people come) were mostly dominated by Vikings or sometimes by Slavs.

@Razor

Ancient Finnish Kingdom was dominant force in current Finland and parts of current Norway and Sweden. Finnish Kings actually founded Norway. Eric The Red who found America, had Norwegian roots quite possibly from Finnish ancestory.

https://archive.org/stream/voyagestovinland013593mbp/voyagestovinland013593mbp_djvu.txt

https://books.google.fi/books?id=Qn...Q#v=onepage&q=ancient finnish kingdom&f=false

Finnish mythology

2. Nice try with Vinland=Finland
Vinland=Wine land. Check it out if you want.

Vin means in old Finnish "meadow", like in southern Finland. It is more plausible that the meadowy lands of northern America inspired the name from the old homeland of the settlers. OR they had to name the place in homage to the kingdom they originated from. New Foundland could also mean "New Finland". Also the "Wine" they saw most likely was "karviainen" the berries that look like wine and grows in the north.

3. New foundland= finland. Are you simply trying to troll.
New Foundland= Newly found land.
In French "Terre Neuve" i.e. Land that is New or New land.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The manner this thread is progressing it appears that Finnish is Finish.

If one went as per Darwin there would be no doubt about his ancestry.

He descend from the ape.

Finito. Case closed.

Last edited:

jouni

The manner this thread is progressing it appears that Finnish is Finish.

If one went as per Darwin there would be no doubt about his ancestry.

He descend from the ape.

Finito. Case closed.
I can understand your hesitation. It would not be very popular to support the idea that Finns both founded Russia and found America. You cannot hide facts though. It is great to know that my country have both great history and great today. Of course being tightly squeezed between east and west for centuries, it is pretty hard to find facts, that were not made to suite the politics of the time...

Maybe there is something special in us "northerners", we have never been afraid to stretch boundaries of what is thought being possible.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I can understand your hesitation. It would not be very popular to support the idea that Finns both founded Russia and found America. You cannot hide facts though. It is great to know that my country have both great history and great today. Of course being tightly squeezed between east and west for centuries, it is pretty hard to find facts, that were not made to suite the politics of the time...

Maybe there is something special in us "northerners", we have never been afraid to stretch boundaries of what is thought being possible.
I have no hesitation at all.

I am a votary that the Finns founded the world.

Your history is so chequered. Totally laced with opportunism and playing others against others, to keep the Finns safe and snug with morality being damned.

I don't blame you. In a harsh disgustingly cold clime, it is Drawin's theory again at work - survival of the fittest!

But I will agree that northerners failed to extend themselves, for the simple reason that it was to cold to shake a leg.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
1. No such thing as Finnish Viking (maybe it helps your ego but unfortunately it is a fantasy.)
Vikings are by definition Northern Germanic tribes (Norsemen.) And yes the Vikings who made contact with North America were Norsemen.
Throughout history the Finno-Ugric tribes (from which modern Finnish people come) were mostly dominated by Vikings or sometimes by Slavs.

@Razor

Ancient Finnish Kingdom was dominant force in current Finland and parts of current Norway and Sweden. Finnish Kings actually founded Norway. Eric The Red who found America, had Norwegian roots quite possibly from Finnish ancestory.

https://archive.org/stream/voyagestovinland013593mbp/voyagestovinland013593mbp_djvu.txt

https://books.google.fi/books?id=Qn...Q#v=onepage&q=ancient finnish kingdom&f=false

Finnish mythology

2. Nice try with Vinland=Finland

Vin means in old Finnish "meadow", like in southern Finland. It is more plausible that the meadowy lands of northern America inspired the name from the old homeland of the settlers. OR they had to name the place in homage to the kingdom they originated from. New Foundland could also mean "New Finland". Also the "Wine" they saw most likely was "karviainen" the berries that look like wine and grows in the north.

First link you gave is a book. I can't read a book to satisfy your delusions. At least not now. No free time, exams are going on; hectic schedule.
Second link you gave seems to be in Finnish and I am not able to see anything (seems to be an error.)
Third link you gave is Finnish mythology. Will need verifiable history.
Also you say Finnish kingdom. Which Finnish kingdom. :lol:
So my point stands which are: a.) No such thing as Finnish Kingdom as Finland has almost always been under the boots of Norsemen or Slavs for verifiable history.
b.) America was initially discovered by Siberian tribes, later by Norsemen (Not Finnish tribes) and later by Columbus.
c.) Rurik (aka Roderik) was a Norsemen (not Finn). And saying Norway is founded by Finns is just ridiculous.

Therefore I can say that only in the fantasy education system of Finland is Norway, Russia and America founded by Finns.
Also regarding New Foundland, kindly post some source materials rather than just your own words.

Most of the links you post seem to be related the the Scandanavian Sagas, which are stories, a good deal of which is fiction, and most of which are unverifiable.

If you wanna refute please post valid articles, I can not read fiction as exams are driving me a bit crazy.

So in conclusion all points I raised in my earlier post in other thread (shown below for convenience) still stand, as you haven't really refuted any.
Just going to quickly blast through these lies.

2. Nice try with Vinland=Finland :lol:

I don't know if you are trying to troll or you smoked something strong earlier; but you post fantasies and lies, it will be busted.

Also either this shows your propensity to troll/lie through your teeth, or it shows a genuine lack of General knowledge (Finnish education ftw), which is scary.

And @prohumanity you seriously shouldn't be asking Americans such GK questions.
During that Boston Bombing episode, even some media channels were confusing Chechnia with Czech Republic and so on. Media in America is hilarious.

-----------------

I can understand your hesitation. It would not be very popular to support the idea that Finns both founded Russia and found America. You cannot hide facts though. le.
Wonder why no mainstream research seems to support that Finns founded Russia, Norway and America.
Answer: Not enough evidence.

jouni

Svenska litteratursällskapet i Finland – Wikipedia

This foundation is the biggest financier of archeology and other studies in Finland. It Funds both universities and other NGO parties. It is owned by "old Swedish money", it has stopped for example the excavations of the possible old Finnish Kings burial areas, because "they are too close to the old Swedish church". Why are the old Swedish churches so close to those areas? Of course they wanted to destroy the signs of old powers. Just like Lenin statues are now being torn down in Ukraine. There is real lack of both will and funds to study the history of Finland before Swedish influence came here. They got 1.2 Bn Euros of assets, so they do not want to "stir the waters".

Icelandic sagas are the foundation of Norwegian and Swedish history also. They are believed to be very accurate. I am also not a historian myself. I got interested in this, because against all odds we have managed quite well among nations, so I got interested for the reason of our excellence, there must be something else than the current history mainly based on Swedish and Russian influence.

I am not loosing sleep over this and I do not want you to think that this is an obsession for us Finns, just an interesting footnote in history.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Icelandic sagas are the foundation of Norwegian and Swedish history also. They are believed to be very accurate. I am also not a historian myself. I got interested in this, because against all odds we have managed quite well among nations, so I got interested for the reason of our excellence, there must be something else than the current history mainly based on Swedish and Russian influence.
Well, unless it is verifiable, it can not be called history. It is called myth.

History itself is cyclic in nature. If you have any knowledge of history you would know this.
Take India: The language with the most sophisticated structure (samskrit) is from India. The first universities were established in India, many of the mathematical concepts & theories with English names were discovered in India centuries before urope.
Another example is China, ups and downs.
Why go to Asia. Take a look at your neigbor Russia. Ups and downs. Rus begins, consolidates, Chinggis attacks, disinterates, rises from ashes, "Time of Troubles", fall of monarchy, rise of SU, fall of SU and so on.
So you doing well now or later or in the past is not enough to make myths real.

I won't have problems in saying Finland established Norway (even though it sounds ridiculous) if there is verifiable history behind it.

jouni

I have no hesitation at all.

I am a votary that the Finns founded the world.

Your history is so chequered. Totally laced with opportunism and playing others against others, to keep the Finns safe and snug with morality being damned.

I don't blame you. In a harsh disgustingly cold clime, it is Drawin's theory again at work - survival of the fittest!

But I will agree that northerners failed to extend themselves, for the simple reason that it was to cold to shake a leg.
Regarding climate. I have lived some time in Singapore, and I cannot understand how you can live in the Tropic? The same climate every day? Too hot for a variation of flowers to flourish, all green in "burnt" dark green, lot of dust... We have in the summer thousands of shades of green, we have 4 proper seasons with their different characteristics. Today at Lapland it looks like this at 3 pm.

jouni

Razor,

Good luck to your studies, here is an outtake from Sagas which confirm the founding of Norway by Finnish kings. ( I do not want to loudly support the influence of Finns to the Royal Family of England, because I know that your history with England and do not want to cause any bad blood.) You can google the whole sagas if you wish. ( Kvenland is Eastern and Northern Finland, currently Kainuu ). Regarding India, I think you are firmly going up in the cycle, which is great.

The introduction to the Orkneyinga Saga, Fundinn Noregr, relates about the kings of Finland and Kvenland and their conquest of Norway. According to the saga, the ruling families of Sweden, Norway, the Orkney Islands, Normandy, and England descend from the aforementioned Finnish kings.

In 1230, the Orkneyinga saga tells that the Southern Norwegian lake district, including Lake Mjøsa (100 kilometers north from the modern-day Oslo), were attacked by men from Kvenland.

The introduction to the Orkneyinga saga - a.k.a. Fundinn Noregr ('Foundation of Norway') - provides information about Fornjót, a king who ruled over Finland, Kvenland and Gotland, and the conquest of Norway by his descendant, Nór, who travelled to Norway from Kvenland. Based on saga's internal chronologies, the war would have taken place on the 6th or 7th century. The saga also provides details on the royal descendants of Gór, Nór's brother.
The Hversu Noregr byggðist (Old Norse: How Norway was inhabited) is an account of the origin of various legendary Norwegian lineages. The account is sometimes called Fundinn Noregr, 'Foundation of Norway'. It traces the descendants of the primeval ruler Fornjót down to Nór, who is here the eponym and first great king of Norway, and then gives details of the descendants of Nór and of his brother Gór in a following section known as the Ættartölur ('Genealogies'). The Hversu account is closely paralleled by the opening of the Orkneyinga saga, which provides details on the descendants of Gór only, including information not found in the Hversu or the Ættartölur accounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Finnish_wars

Kvenland used Swastika hundreds of years before the Nazis

Last edited:

jouni

https://myspace.com/finnfilm/mixes/eric-tigerstedt-historical-finns-167363

http://www.kvenland.com/

Kvenland was the name given to the country now known as Finland and some of the surrounding areas. Little is known of the early kings of Kvenland except their names and the dates of their birth. King Fornjotur was the first Kvenland king born in 160 and died in 250. The people of Kvenland also mixed with the Scottish people in the northern Orkney Islands.
According to the Orkneyinga Saga, "There was a king called Fornjotur who ruled over Finland and Kvenland, the countries stretching to the east of what we call the Gulf of Bothnia, which lies opposite the White Sea. Fornjotur had three sons, Hler (whom we also call AEgir), a second called Logi and a third, Kari, the father of Frosti, who was in turn the father of Snaer the Old, the father of Thorri. He had two sons, Nor and Gor and a duaghter, Goi." According to legend, Fornjotur was also the father of Karl, Hlessey, and Gmir. Nor founded Norway (Nor's way) and Gor was known as the "Sea King". Goi was abducted by Hrolf of Bjard, son of the giant Svadi. Nor challenged Hrolf for the return of his sister and the battle ended with Nor getting Hrolf's sister for his wife and Hrolf keeping Goi as his wife. The Orkneyinga Saga goes on to say, "Earl Rognvald campaigned with King Harald Fine Hair who gave him charge of North More, South More and Romsdale. Earl Rognvald married Ragnhild, the daughter of Hrolf Nose, and it was their son, Hrolf, who conquered Normandy. This Hrolf was so big that no horse could carry him, which is why he was given the name Gongu-Hrolf. The earls of Rouen and the kings of England are descended from him."
KINGS OF KVENLAND

King Fornjotur Kvenland b. 160 Finland, d. 250 Finland
Children:
Karl Fornjotur Kvenland
King Kari Fornjotursson Kvenland
Logi Fornjotursson Kvenland
Hlessey Fornjotursson Kvenland
Hler Fornjotursson Kvenland
King Kari Fornjotur Kvenland b. 185 Finland, d. 209 Finland
Children:
Frosti Karasson Kvenland
King Frosti Karasson Kvenland b. 210 Finland, d. 239 Finland
Children:
Children: Siokul Frostasson Kvenland
Jokull Frostasson Kvenland
Jokull Frostasson Kvenland
Snaer Jokulsson Kvenland
King Jokull Frostasson Kvenland b. 240 Finland, d. 274 Finland
Children:
Snaie Jokulsson Kvenland
S Jokulsson Kvenland
Snaer Jokulsson Kvenland
Snaer Jokulsson Kvenland b. 275 Finland, d. 301 Raumsdal, Norway
Thorri Snaersson Kvenland b. 320 Raumsdal, Norway, d. 344 Raumsdal, Norway
Gorr Thorasson Kvenland b. 365 Raumsdal, Norway, d. 418 Raumsdal, Norway
Heytir Gorrsson Kvenland b. 425 Raumsdal, Norway, d. 499 Raumsdal, Norway
Svidri Heytsson Kvenland b. 600 Raumsdal, Norway, d. 649 Norway
Sveidi Svidrasson Kvenland b. 650 Raumsdal, Norway, d. 699 Raumsdal, Norway
Halfdan Sveidasson Kvenland b. 700 Oppland, Norway, d. 749 Oppland, Norway
Ivar Halfdansson Kvenland b. 770 Oppland, Norway, d. 824 Oppland, Norway
Eystein Glumra Ivarsson b. 800 Maer, Nord, Norway, d. 846 Maer, Nord, Norway
Rognvald I. Eysteinsson b. 830 Maer, Nord, Norway, d. 890 Orkney Islands, Scotland
Einar Rognvaldsson b. 852 Maer, Nord, Norway, d. Orkney Islands, Scotland
Thorfinn I Einarsson b. 890 Orkney Islands, Scotland, d. Mound, Hoxa, Scotland
Hlodver Thorfinnsson b. 924 Orkney, Scotland, d. 988 Hofn, Caithness, Scotland
Sigurd Hlodversson b. 960 Orkney, Scotland, d. 23 April 1013 Battle Clontarf, Dublin, Ireland
Brusi Sigurdsson b. 987 Orkney, Scotland, d. 1031 Orkney Islands, Scotland
Ragnvald Brusesson b. 1011 Orkney, Scotland, d. Dec. 1046 Papa Stronsay, Orkney Islands, Scotland
Robert De Brusse b. 1036 Carrick, Argyllshire, Scotland, d. 1031 Annan, Dumfries, Scotland
Adam Brus b. 1051 Carrick, Argyllshire, Scotland, d. 1081 Skelton Castle, Yorkshire, England
Robert Brus b. 1071 Skelton Castle, Yorkshire, England, d. 11 May 1141 Skelton, Yorkshire, England
Robert Brus b. 1103 Annandale, Dumfrieshire, Scotland, d. 1190 Annandale, Dumfrieshire, Scotland
William De Bruce b. 1142 Annandal, Dumfrieshire, Scotland, d. 1215 Annandale, Dumfrieshire, Scotland
Robert De Bruce b. 1164 Annandal, Dumfrieshire, Scotland, d. 1245 Saltre Abbey, Stilton, England
Robert Bruce b. 1210 Annandal, Dumfrieshire, Scotland, d. 1295 Priory, Lochmaben, Dumfrieshire, Scotland
Robert Bruce (6th Lord of Annandale) b. 1243 Annandal, Dumfrieshire, Scotland, d. 1304 Palestine, Jerusalem, Israel Married Marjorie Carrick b. 1255 Carrick, Soctland, d. 1292 Argyll, Scotland
Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland, b. 11 July, 1274, d. 7 June, 1329, first and eldest child of Robert Bruce, 6th Lord of Annandale and Marjorie Carrick. 1295 he married his first wife, Isabella of Mar and they had one child, Marjorie Bruce, who later married Walter Stewart and their child was the future Robert II of Scotland. In 1302 he married his second wife, Elizabeth de Burgh and the had the following children: David II, John, Matilda and Margaret. In 1316 he was also crowned King of Ireland and stated, "Whereas we and you and our people and your people, free since ancient times, share the same national ancestry and are urged to come together more eagerly and joyfully in friendship by a common language and by common custom, we have sent you our beloved kinsman, the bearers of this letter, to negotiate with you in our name and permanently strengthening and maintaining inviolate the special friendship between us and you, so that with God's will our nation (nostra nacio) may be able to recover her ancient liberty." In 1314 King Robert the Bruce secured independence from the British in the Battle of Bannockburn. He is buried at Dunfermline Abbey in Scotland.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Razor,

Good luck to your studies
Thanks. Maybe I should wear a swastika. It is after all from Samskrit Suastika (su= good; asti=is/being; ka= denoting object;suastika= thing that is good; good luck charm.)

, here is an outtake from Sagas which confirm the founding of Norway by Finnish kings. ( I do not want to loudly support the influence of Finns to the Royal Family of England, because I know that your history with England and do not want to cause any bad blood.) You can google the whole sagas if you wish. ( Kvenland is Eastern and Northern Finland, currently Kainuu ). Regarding India, I think you are firmly going up in the cycle, which is great.

The introduction to the Orkneyinga Saga, Fundinn Noregr, relates about the kings of Finland and Kvenland and their conquest of Norway. According to the saga, the ruling families of Sweden, Norway, the Orkney Islands, Normandy, and England descend from the aforementioned Finnish kings.

In 1230, the Orkneyinga saga tells that the Southern Norwegian lake district, including Lake Mjøsa (100 kilometers north from the modern-day Oslo), were attacked by men from Kvenland.

The introduction to the Orkneyinga saga - a.k.a. Fundinn Noregr ('Foundation of Norway') - provides information about Fornjót, a king who ruled over Finland, Kvenland and Gotland, and the conquest of Norway by his descendant, Nór, who travelled to Norway from Kvenland. Based on saga's internal chronologies, the war would have taken place on the 6th or 7th century. The saga also provides details on the royal descendants of Gór, Nór's brother.
The Hversu Noregr byggðist (Old Norse: How Norway was inhabited) is an account of the origin of various legendary Norwegian lineages. The account is sometimes called Fundinn Noregr, 'Foundation of Norway'. It traces the descendants of the primeval ruler Fornjót down to Nór, who is here the eponym and first great king of Norway, and then gives details of the descendants of Nór and of his brother Gór in a following section known as the Ættartölur ('Genealogies'). The Hversu account is closely paralleled by the opening of the Orkneyinga saga, which provides details on the descendants of Gór only, including information not found in the Hversu or the Ættartölur accounts.
https://myspace.com/finnfilm/mixes/eric-tigerstedt-historical-finns-167363

Kvenland was the name given to the country now known as Finland and some of the surrounding areas. Little is known of the early kings of Kvenland except their names and the dates of their birth. King Fornjotur was the first Kvenland king born in 160 and died in 250. The people of Kvenland also mixed with the Scottish people in the northern Orkney Islands.
According to the Orkneyinga Saga, "There was a king called Fornjotur who ruled over Finland and Kvenland, the countries stretching to the east of what we call the Gulf of Bothnia, which lies opposite the White Sea. Fornjotur had three sons, Hler (whom we also call AEgir), a second called Logi and a third, Kari, the father of Frosti, who was in turn the father of Snaer the Old, the father of Thorri. He had two sons, Nor and Gor and a duaghter, Goi." According to legend, Fornjotur was also the father of Karl, Hlessey, and Gmir. Nor founded Norway (Nor's way) and Gor was known as the "Sea King".

Granted a lot of these Sagas are interesting stories to read. I love reading stories and myths from a whole lot of cultures across the world.
But since a lot of these sagas are unverifiable, they can only be treated as stories and myths, irrespective of how many times you post from myspace or facebook or other dubious links.

And finally, the picture that you have posted (shown below)

I remember seeing this painting before.

This painting is by Russian painter Nicholas Roerich. He spent some time in India as he was interested in Eastern philosophies.
The original painting is shown below. It doesn't have any references to "Kwenland"
It is titled "Guests from Overseas" referring to the Vikings from Sweden.

Last edited:

pmaitra

@jouni, thank you from presenting content from MySpace.

@Razor, glad you caught that one. Also, I am amazed at your knowledge. Thank you for that information on Nicholas Roerich.

pmaitra

Nicholas Roerich

Full name in Roman: Nikolai Konstantinovich Rerikh
Full name in Cyrillic: Никола́й Константи́нович Ре́рих

Rurik sounds very similar to Rerikh. Could it be that he is descended from Prince Rurik?

He also worked as a stage designer for a play Prince Igor, who was a Rus prince.

P.S.: Rus here does not mean Russian, Rus here means Viking.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@jouni, thank you from presenting content from MySpace.

@Razor, glad you caught that one. Also, I am amazed at your knowledge. Thank you for that information on Nicholas Roerich.
There are a lot of really good Russian painters around. Last week I discovered a new one.

Vasily Vereshchagin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some paintings by him.

Mounted Warrior in Jaipur (1881)

Brahmi temple in Udaipur (1874–1886)

Portrait of Bacha (1867–1868)

Suppression of the Indian Revolt by the English (1884)

Fakir (1874–1876)

Taj Mahal Mausoleum (1874–1876)

More: Famous russian artists. Russian artist list 19th

jouni

Russian painters are good, no match for Gallen-Kallela though. So you focusing on MySpace means that you appreciate those sagas as historic merits?

pmaitra

@jouni, I like those pictures, but not the puerile comment at the end of it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Regarding climate. I have lived some time in Singapore, and I cannot understand how you can live in the Tropic? The same climate every day? Too hot for a variation of flowers to flourish, all green in "burnt" dark green, lot of dust... We have in the summer thousands of shades of green, we have 4 proper seasons with their different characteristics. Today at Lapland it looks like this at 3 pm.

India and Singapore are not the same thing or having the same climate.

India possesses a large variety of climates ranging from extremely hot desert regions to high altitude locations with severely cold conditions similar to northern Europe. Within India it is possible to define six regions with distinct climates. The six climates are normally designated as Hot and Dry, Warm and Humid, Moderate, Cold and Sunny, Cold and Cloudy and Composite. The criteria of allocating any location in India to one of the first five climate zones are that the defined conditions prevail for more than six months. In cases where none of these categories can be identified for six months or longer, the climatic zone is called Composite. On this basis, Bansal and Minke, 1988, originally produced the Climatic Zones in India Map by evaluation of the mean monthly data from 233 weather stations, and then delineating the six climatic zones.

I too have lived in Singapore.

Last edited:

jouni

@jouni, I like those pictures, but not the puerile comment at the end of it.
Sorry, thought you were focusing on irrelevant issues. Akseli Gallen-Kallela is our national painter, artists ( like Sibelius, Eino Leino, Halonen, Järnefelt, Saarinen ) played a big part on our independence. Because of them, when we listen to Sibelius, we see landscapes of Gallen-Kallela in our eyes. They form our national character. Current US ambassador to Finland said: "USA was founded by byrocratic civil servants, Finland was founded by artists".

That links me to the Vikings, it is quite an interesting subject, when you look at it a little broader. Norwegians, Swedes and Danes are very proud of their Viking history and promote it a lot. Finland is very quiet, even if most of Viking haplogroup are found in Finland.

Studies of genetic diversity provide some indication of the origin and expansion of the Viking population. Haplogroup I-M253 (defined by specific genetic markers on the Y-chromosome) mutation occurs with the greatest frequency among Scandinavian males: 35 percent in Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, and peaking at 40 percent within western Finland.

One of the reasons for that is that every country needs a "national story" to make people proud. Sweden lost its empire 200 years ago, Norway and Denmark was occupied by Germans in few days at WWII, Norway had huge problems with Quisling and collaboration. They sure could use some glorious Viking past.

Finland did not need those, at first we were under Czar rule when Vikings became relevant at the end of 19th century, Then after independence we got Winter War, so we did not need any other hero myths. This Viking era is really something that needs further studies, our archeologist should study more, now they all are silent. Recent discoveries are made by hobbyists, not official archeologists.

Thousand-year old swordsman rises from the earth | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

jouni

Finland before independence under Czar was quite idealized in paintings of Nationalist Finnish painters.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Russian painters are good, no match for Gallen-Kallela though. So you focusing on MySpace means that you appreciate those sagas as historic merits?
Compared to the Russian paintings these finnish ones look like childish crayon drawings.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles