Prince Charles, Camilla meet IMA cadets

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Prince Charles, Camilla meet IMA cadets

British royal couple, Prince Charles and wife Camilla Parker Bowles met cadets at the Indian Military Academy (IMA) here today as part of their nine-day India trip.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were received by a top Indian Army official at the IMA building also known as Chetwode Building. The official gave the British royals a tour of the historic academy based in the foothills of the Himalayas.

On Wednesday, the Prince of Wales and his wife began their visit to India with a Hindu prayer ceremony on the banks of the river Ganges in Rishikesh, which was ravaged by heavy rains and floods earlier this year.

After sunset on Wednesday, the couple participated in a divine light ceremony better known as the ''Ganga Aarti'' in Rishikesh, which was filled with devotional songs and hymns in Sanskrit language.

During the ceremony, Prince Charles expressed his concern for the families in Uttarakhand who had their homes and businesses destroyed or farmlands washed away due to the massive flash floods in June.

Prince Charles and Camilla will also visit New Delhi, Pune, Mumbai and Kochi to meet top political and business leaders.

Prince Charles, Camilla meet IMA cadets - Times Of India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good for Charles.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
During the ceremony, Prince Charles expressed his concern for the families in Uttarakhand who had their homes and businesses destroyed or farmlands washed away due to the massive flash floods in June.
All the money spent by India on his visit should have gone to flood relief, and His Royal Highness and the ugly duchess should have stayed home.

desicanuk

I disagree.We should be civil and show respect to our guests.That is what our culture and traditions is all about.Prince Charles and the duchess honour us by paying us a visit.As for squandering our resources no body can out do Congress and their allies.The amount spent by India for the current royal visit ls chicken feed compared to what some UPA ministers have stolen.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I disagree.We should be civil and show respect to our guests.That is what our culture and traditions is all about.Prince Charles and the duchess honour us by paying us a visit.As for squandering our resources no body can out do Congress and their allies.The amount spent by India for the current royal visit ls chicken feed compared to what some UPA ministers have stolen.
This so called royal family is the lineage of the same family which plundered India's wealth,enslaved Indian peoples and killed millions of Indian peoples.

desicanuk

This so called royal family is the lineage of the same family which plundered India's wealth,enslaved Indian peoples and killed millions of Indian peoples.
Sins of father should not visit upon children.Of all the foreign rulers the Brits were the most benevolent.You only need to compare them to the Mughals except Akbar to appreciate my point.And all this hue and cry about plunder and enslavement!Who is to be blamed except us and traitors among us who let it happen.Its foolhardy to blame others for our stupidity.I am sorry if this hurts but then bitter truth is never palatable.There is a lesson to be learnt from all this.The question is have we?Look at the state of our nation after fifty odd years of Congress rule.Its pathetic!These netas who now rule us are far far worse than the Brits.And plunder ,dont even get me started on that one.I weep for our motherland when I see whats going on in the name of greatest democracy etc etc?

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sins of father should not visit upon children.Of all the foreign rulers the Brits were the most benevolent.You only need to compare them to the Mughals except Akbar to appreciate my point.And all this hue and cry about plunder and enslavement!Who is to be blamed except us and traitors among us who let it happen.Its foolhardy to blame others for our stupidity.I am sorry if this hurts but then bitter truth is never palatable.There is a lesson to be learnt from all this.The question is have we?Look at the state of our nation after fifty odd years of Congress rule.Its pathetic!These netas who now rule us are far far worse than the Brits.And plunder ,dont even get me started on that one.I weep for our motherland when I see whats going on in the name of greatest democracy etc etc?
The British were not 'benevolent' in any sense of the term!
They have killed millions of Indians directly. They have created artificial famines in INdia just so that the food can be diverted to other parts of the empire.

BBC - WW2 People's War - 3 Million Dead in Artificial Famine in Bengal
Bengal Famine Of 1943 - A Man-Made Holocaust

IMG source:Bengal famine of 1943 Part - 1 - Old Indian Photos

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles