Prime Minister historic visit to Israel

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Buddy India once had the best watches in the world, outside India people used to demand it. They were better than or at par with the swiss watches.
The famous old HMT watches. Hindustan Machine Tool watches.

Indira Gandhi did tremendous work to market it.

But our own people who had ghulami in their mind did not buy it. And slowly it went down...

automatic wrist watch some 1.5 decade back
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMT_(company)#/media/File:HMT_Kanchan_Automatic_wrist_watch.jpg
Ah the CSD canteen watch, I still have one as well. Had no idea whether they were any good or not though.

KumarG

Country flag
Buddy India once had the best watches in the world, outside India people used to demand it. They were better than or at par with the swiss watches.
The famous old HMT watches. Hindustan Machine Tool watches.

Indira Gandhi did tremendous work to market it.

But our own people who had ghulami in their mind did not buy it. And slowly it went down...

automatic wrist watch some 1.5 decade back
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMT_(company)#/media/File:HMT_Kanchan_Automatic_wrist_watch.jpg
First watch I ever bought, when I was 13, off a CSD canteen...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I wouldn't discount the optics in a world where Jews control most of the capital markets as well as Western foreign policy. Would hope these are taken to their logical long-term conclusion without political drama from 2019, 2024 and beyond.
Not all that was discussed can be revealed to the public.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India Israel partnership had a great potential which remained unexploited because of domestic vote bank politics. We continued to leak the feets of ARABS who never supported us on any issue including Kashmir except in few cases. Israel remained a very good friend of us and helped us on many occasion including Kargil. We must exploit this partnership to its fullest extent. This is a win win for both the countries.

here2where

Looks like Tamil Nadu could use a lot of this tech to alleviate the water shortage in that state.

I am surprised how come Palanisami didn't accompany PM Modi for this particular tour.
TN already has desalination plants.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...ination-plant-for-Chennai/article14009579.ece

Some nice pictures of two leaders at Israeli beach.
Only thing missing at the end is a photo of Karan Johan with stretched out arms like King Khan and a toothy gay grin.

Sheeeeeeesh .... are we kids to fall for these staged photo-ops.

SHOW ME THE DRONES PEOPLE!!! :shoot:

mayfair

I think military agreements will continue to be signed, that was not the prime objective of this visit. The main objective was to unambiguously show that India's relations with Israel will stand on their own merits. Full stop.

The relationship has come a long way from 1950s when Israel set up a consulate, to 1992 when Bhaurao Deoras, the younger brother of Madhukar Dattatraya Deoras, the Sarsanghchalak of RSS, impressed upon PVNR to establish full diplomatic relations with Israel. Advani had spoken to PVNR about this in 1991 as well. It is to PVNRs credit that he managed to convince his own party and also soothe Arafat's concerns in establishing full relations.

The present visit was more about an across the broad engagement with Israel for mutual benefit. Many of the agreements have been in the field of Agriculture and fresh water management, where we could do with Israeli technical inputs.

As Netanyahu put it this relationship is I2T2- Indian talent x Israeli technology. Weapons will continue to flow as well, that is without question.

Interestingly, Palestinians have not protested as much as elements in our own polity over the shifting of I2T2 relations to the next level :)

AnantS

Country flag
@ProjectDharma
HMT was sure a hit such that Paki Chini and Mid east wanted that watch.
Bro Titan still makes cool watches. Though their tie up with HP to make smart watches is flawed. HP!? seriously?

As a teen I remember plethora of Indian watch makers. Watches have generally been killed by mobile phones. I havent bought any watch for myself till date. The last watch I got was a Sonata steel watch gifted to me 2 decades back. It still lies somewhere.

OT: India seriously needs to invest in DIsplay technologies especially with upcoming Flexible OLEDS. We need to invest in Fab plants like NOW! Work on Quantum Encryption must go beyond google enabled white papers

prohumanity

Country flag
I think the struggle of Jewish people and a faithfully dedication to the cause of Zionism has led to Israel's incredibly fast development in just about every sector.
Even when Jews live and work in other country they fund Israel and why wouldn't they, Israel consider every Jewish person a citizen of Israel.

Wish us Hindus could unite like this :crying:

Indians living abroad want to invest and are very much eager to see India flourish. The reason they are not investing in India full scale ..is fear of corruption and becoming victims of BABUS of govt dept and Banks who
stall, harass and give hard time unless bribes are paid.
Modiji is creating an atmosphere of corruption free India and if he succeeds, overseas Indians will flood India with funds and invest fearlessly. In the hearts of Overseas Indians, India is there every minute but fear of corruption causing losses scare them. Demonetiztion, GST and attack on shell companies are giving hope to overseas Indians like me and making me jump with joy as I see that corrupt people in India have started to pee in their pants.

Bharat Ek Khoj

^^ BJP is full of corruption, there are few corruptions that are running since Modi's CMship in Gujarat. With all the schemes and plans, it still feels like Modi ji is firing in air.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Looks like Tamil Nadu could use a lot of this tech to alleviate the water shortage in that state.

I am surprised how come Palanisami didn't accompany PM Modi for this particular tour.
this tech would be good for my place cochin and a desalination plant can help kerala disticts like Palaghat escaspe drought condition

AnantS

Country flag
While I would generally agree with approaching foreign relations in a dispassionate manner, there is no denying that Israel has always been trying to get on India's good pages since its independence, so I doubt American influence is as major as you suggest. Plus there is no denying that Judaism and Hinduism are the oldest extant religions currently on earth and both civilizations have a rich history of interactions. Modis reception in Israel must be looked at in this context. coupled with how we avoided equal equal bullshit in relation to the Palestine conflict, we are looking at a new era in our relationship with the middle East, something which was destined to happen. Now we all know that nothing is permanent and money always talks best, it cannot be understated how important this visit is to global alignments.
Please Judaism is root of Abrahmic cults - a base class , Xtianity and Islam are inheriting the same base class.
Hinduism and and Abrahmic cult practice will always be at logger heads. So thats why I say this is transactional relationship. NOthing more and Nothing less. India gets some best technology, meanwhile Israel gets another big market after China for its wares.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Paaji! Is this really you? Or is your account hacked ? :shock:
Haha I could have Googled it but OP seemed like an expert in clocks. I thought let them shine.
[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Moroboshi

Please Judaism is root of Abrahmic cults - a base class , Xtianity and Islam are inheriting the same base class.
Hinduism and and Abrahmic cult practice will always be at logger heads. So thats why I say this is transactional relationship. NOthing more and Nothing less. India gets some best technology, meanwhile Israel gets another big market after China for its wares.
Loggerheads with a religion which found refuge in our lands? You can't say that out interactions with Judaism has been similar to Islam and Christianity?? The main difference is that Judaism has not been historically expansionist against other groups.

Even if it shares a common origin with them it nullifies none of what I said.

jadoogar

Country flag
Complete noob post ahead.

Is it different from the cheap watch I can buy off Amazon? Why has it been so hard for India to develop one?
View attachment 17393
I expect that this Casio "atomic" watch synchronizes its time once a day (or more often?) by reading the time signal broadcast over the airwaves from Boulder Colorado. So it is just a regular wristwatch with additional circuitry + receiver to get atomic clock time signals.

I of course do not know how difficult it is to make a real atomic clock...

jadoogar

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles