Precision guided munitions in Indian arsenal

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wanted to know of there is a surface to surface munition in Indian arsenal which can target an enemy bunker say 50m behind a hill/mountain peak(i.e not in line of sight). i understand that such targets can be hit from air but i am more interested in land based munitions fired by say tank/howitzer etc.

Reason i am asking this is because it seems that some of the lives lost during kargil are because the enemy positions could not be targeted from land based arsenal and soldiers had to engage in direct fire with the enemy.

Hope i am clear with my question.

EXPERT

Wanted to know of there is a surface to surface munition in Indian arsenal which can target an enemy bunker say 50m behind a hill/mountain peak(i.e not in line of sight). i understand that such targets can be hit from air but i am more interested in land based munitions fired by say tank/howitzer etc.

Reason i am asking this is because it seems that some of the lives lost during kargil are because the enemy positions could not be targeted from land based arsenal and soldiers had to engage in direct fire with the enemy.

Hope i am clear with my question.
Yeah, you are very clear with your question.
But unfortunately right now we don't have any munitions which can be fired from a tank or Howitzer for targets behind the mountain. We do have precision guided munitions but not for this purpose.
Brahmos block iii is ready to chill but wait for this. .

Global Defence

Articles