powerful jetpack

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kiwi invents powerful jetpack

A Kiwi inventor has put himself in the international spotlight after creating a jetpack capable of flying 5000 feet above sea level.
The Martin Jetpack, created by Christchurch resident Glenn Martin, uses two powerful fans to propel it and its passenger into the air and is being considered for many uses, including military and for emergency services in the case of natural disasters.
The jetpack's first flight was done over the Canterbury Plains by remote control with a dummy onboard. The machine flew to 5000 feet, down to 2000 feet and then sailed slowly to the ground by aid of a parachute.
"We have to do the dummy first and then we'll do the person second," Martin said. "It's still a lot of fun but what we're discovering now is it's got a serious use as well. You can get into places you can't go. You can use it for search and rescue operations that you couldn't do in a helicopter."
Martin has spent 30 years and $12 million to develop the jetpack, but hopes to raise interest on the sharemarket to put the product into production.
Kiwi invents powerful jetpack

Great military apps here, US Army interested..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I have always thought of making my own jet pack as well but i never knew the difficulties of R&D in such areas till i spoke with the Scientists of GTRE on all the possible ideas to improve Kaveri i was a little surprised to know they had tried everything we think is a good idea or is wrong with the engine. I asked them about everything from Carbon Fiber cladding's to cut weight to smaller cores and they had tried everything that we folks take for granted during a forum discussion thinking they may not have know better. Its only then i realized the difficult of R&D in these areas and how advanced it is.

I once made an Gasifier to run an engine from extracting gas from burning wood and wood debris. It looked easy but only when i got to work did i really see the difficult in getting it to produce producer gas. This inventor has spent 30years on developing it and spent $12 million on development and here i am having wet dreams of making my own jet pack with aircraft engines one of my relatives manufacture! I can now appreciate what he has done, to get even one invention working it is a whole life of dedication.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles