Powerful blast rips through Quetta, five killed

lupgain

Country flag
Dawn reported:

QUETTA: A powerful blast ripped through Quetta's Sariab Road on Tuesday, killing at least five people while injuring 10 others, DawnNews reported.

Rescue officials confirmed that at least five people had been killed in the incident. The dead also included Frontier Corps (FC) personnel, according to reports.

The loud explosion, which was reported to be so powerful that it shook several buildings in the provincial capital, took place at around 2:15pm inside a car parked near the Sariab grid station. The area, located near Quetta's Irrigation Colony, is known to be a busy locality.

According to initial reports security officials, the explosion was suspected to be a remote-controlled bomb blast, while an FC convoy was suspected to be the intended target of the attack.

Four FC vehicles damaged as a result of the blast, while one was completely destroyed. Four rickshaws also caught fire because of the explosion.

A heavy contingent of local police and FC personnel reached the scene of the blast and cordoned off the area. The injured were meanwhile shifted to a local hospital by rescue workers.

agentperry

it targetted FC convoy. you know what happens when govt and army convoys come under such attacks :)

lupgain

Country flag
it targetted FC convoy. you know what happens when govt and army convoys come under such attacks :)
I can't wait to see when these radical Islamic groups will declare full blown war against Pakistan constitutional bodies.. because that would be D-day for Pakistan either it will survive or get erased from the map of the world... Some times I think if Pakistan will become part of Afghanistan... I know its day dreaming!!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles