Power Situation in India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well the summer has started and so has the usual electricity cuts.

In Bangalore it has been pretty erratic. There was no electricity in the morn for about and hour and it's not there even now for the last half hour.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And my UPS just died on me. Bracing for a long summer with electricity cuts!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Sirji the situation is about to get worse if coal imports do not match up the demand while Indonesian coal benchmarking price still going up.

Most of the coal mining projects are stuck in limbo due to petty local land acquisition chaos making money lenders take away their hand from power generators.

Aayush

Here(Faridabad),the light goes sometimes but the generator can power one AC and all the rest of the things.there will be another electricity plant opened in 2014 and then they say there will be no power cuts.
The temp here is 38 c (max)
And summer has just started :O

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Here(Faridabad),the light goes sometimes but the generator can power one AC and all the rest of the things.there will be another electricity plant opened in 2014 and then they say there will be no power cuts.
The temp here is 38 c (max)
And summer has just started :O
In delhi we have had zero power cuts.

But today electricity went only for 5 mins :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just saw on IBN that there is only about 4 days of coal reserves across India for thermal power plants. Dark and sweaty days ahead.

aragorn

gr8.

Situation is better in gujarat :D

We dont need generators ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
When is India going to get over these treehuggers and start making some coal?
Coal ain't good. Nuclear is the way. And also tap all the hydel, solar, wind energy that we can.

Blackwater

power cuts are due to following

1) mismanagement of state electricity board

2) power theft

3) substandard power lines and transponders.

4) illegal kundis and faulty meters

5) incorrect info of load capacity of own houses by residents to electricity board

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
power cuts are due to following

1) mismanagement of state electricity board

2) power theft

3) substandard power lines and transponders.

4) illegal kundis and faulty meters

5) incorrect info of load capacity of own houses by residents to electricity board
Between NDPL ( Tata Power) and BSES they have taken care of these problems in Delhi in the last couple of years. From a high T&D loss of over 55% now it is less than 15%. This has resulted in almost negligible cuts because the power companies have the money to buy electricity.

BTW, Lutyen's Delhi the area where the VIPs stay, the electricity distribution is still with the Govt. and here you do not have even one minute of power outage.

Blackwater

Between NDPL ( Tata Power) and BSES they have taken care of these problems in Delhi in the last couple of years. From a high T&D loss of over 55% now it is less than 15%. This has resulted in almost negligible cuts because the power companies have the money to buy electricity.

BTW, Lutyen's Delhi the area where the VIPs stay, the electricity distribution is still with the Govt. and here you do not have even one minute of power outage.

I have heard power situation in Delhi has improved over the years with private player in market

H.A.

At my place the Powerwalla has his hand on the power switch off button just like a maniac has on the trigger....it goes of whenever ever they want....

Iamanidiot

At my place the Powerwalla has his hand on the power switch off button just like a maniac has on the trigger....it goes of whenever ever they want....
Suryabagh???I thought the domestic power scenario in AP is marginally better than other places.Industrial power is another thing weekly 4 days of power cuts

sob

Mod
Country flag
I have heard power situation in Delhi has improved over the years with private player in market
You are correct except for East Delhi, mostly slum areas and commercial parts like Karol Bagh ( BSES is the common party here), there are hardly any power cuts. Power cuts if any are due to maintenance reasons or when the Northern Grid is in trouble with states like UP and to some extent Punjab/Haryana drawing more than their shre.

SLASH

In Gujurat 24 hours power supply...:finger:

7000 MW surplus by the end of the year. :hail: MODI

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Any break up on how much power India produces and how much more we need?

Also a state wise break up of how much each state produces and how much they need?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles