Posthumous book by Charlie Hebdo chief slams 'Islamophobia'

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Rashna, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Rashna

Rashna Senior Member Senior Member

Posthumous book by Charlie Hebdo chief slams 'Islamophobia'

PARIS: The late former editor of French weekly Charlie Hebdo condemns "Islamophobia" as thinly disguised racism in a posthumously published book that was completed two days before he was killed in France's worst terror attack in years.

Stephane Charbonnier, known as Charb, was one of 12 people killed by gunmen in the January 7 attack against the Paris office of the satirical newspaper. The two attackers, who were apparently motivated by anger over the paper's caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad, died in a gunfight with police two days later.

Charb's 88-page book, whose title translates as "Letter to tricksters of Islamophobia who are playing the game of racists," was released in France on Thursday. It criticizes those who exploit anti-Islam sentiment for their own ends.

Unlike the newspaper, the book contains only words, not caricatures - Charlie Hebdo's signature offering.

Like the newspaper, known for lewd and often insensitive humor, the book takes on many sacred cows. He pillories the unquestioning use of the term "Islamophobia" by some journalists either out of laziness or commercial interest, and decries politicians who fan what he considers an unfair debate on national identity.

In an opening poem that targets preconceived notions, Charb writes that his intended audience includes those who "think it's written in the Quran that drawing the Prophet Muhammad is forbidden ... think caricaturing a jihadist in a ridiculous position insults Islam ... think a drawing is more dangerous than an American drone."

But Charb also condemns people who demonize Muslims: "If one day all Muslims in France converted to Catholicism ... these foreigners or French of foreign origin would still be seen as responsible for all ills," he wrote.

He suggests that such attitudes should be characterized as "Muslim-o-phobia" - since it amounts to an irrational fear of people - instead of "Islamophobia," which would be an attitude against a religion.

In what some might consider poignant prescience, Charb muses at one point about how "one day, just for laughs, I should publish all the threat letters that I received at Charlie Hebdo from Catholic fascists and Muslim fascists" alike.

Posthumous book by Charlie Hebdo chief slams 'Islamophobia' - The Times of India

3. Rashna

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  4. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

bla bla bla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:pound: :pound:

JBH22 and Mad Indian like this.
  5. Rashna

@jus

I agree with Charb's title "Letter to tricksters of Islamophobia who are playing the game of racists," was released in France on Thursday. It criticizes those who exploit anti-Islam sentiment for their own ends.

6. jus

I believe in truth

Here is a view of their stats for 2001 to 2010 from their Worldwide Incidents Tracking System. Notice how incredibly violent Islam is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @Rashna Do u have a problem if I say

Nazism is Violence and it's ideology is hate...... base Hitler &Ideology aryan/mein kamf
    Maoist is Violence and it's ideology is hate ....... base Mao&Ideology Mao materials&books
    NO

but if any one said below ....

Same goes to islam, Islan is Violence and it's ideology is hate.... base MO &Ideology is the hate book

Mad Indian likes this.
  7. Rashna

The stats are fine but notice that all these attacks are majorly in muslim majority countries. Muslims are fighting against each other or against religious minorities in their countries. This can lead to a conclusion that Islam leads to radicalization but how justified are we in radicalizing ourselves against a religious minority of our country because their ilk are destroying themselves elsewhere. With the exception of Pakistan and their random supporters in India we are not directly affected by what is going on in middle east or west asia as a whole. Our rivalry with pakistan justifies our islamophobia against Pakistan. However it does not justify Islamophobia against muslim citizens of India.

8. jus

Darling u missing one core point.Are they are minority, islamphobic,paki obsession with kashmir,politics these r nothing to do with Hiding the TRUTH,conceal of 'freedom of expression'.I has a RIGHT to know the truth (One of my fundamental right by consti.)

Prakash_Dr and Mad Indian like this.
  9. Rashna

Which truth is hidden? Everybody knows the truth.... but using it for covering up some agenda is not justified.

If somebody pokes you in the eye you have a right to attack that person, but because somebody somewhere poked someone in the eye you cannot attack anyone that you want to poke in the eye badly.

10. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

If somebody pokes you in the eye you chop his head off to Strike terror in the hearts of your enemies.
    Credits to the italics go to my niggga Mohammad.

Mad Indian likes this.
  11. Rashna

That's worse than an eye for an eye. :hail: BTW did anyone poke you in the eye for you to go so ballistic? :boink:

12. Rowdy

ITS HISTORY TIME:
    When crimea was under the occupation of the Nazis , they trained the crimians and formed a small millitia.When stalin recaptured Sevastopol he force evicted the crimian tartars (muslims of turkic origin) . I quote from Wiki
    This is what should be done .... today the Tartars are scared shitless of russian retaliation. Had we "stalinized" a million Muzzies in Kashmir, this "freedom movement" and "secular terrorism" would never present itself. @Mad Indian

13. Rashna

The Russians are in a league of their own. We on the other hand are a civilization which got enslaved and battered and hammered. Given this scenario we would have ended up in this mess anyway. Imagine if there had been no partition this chaos would have finished off this country long before now. It has been ingrained in to us that everything imported is great. India according to me has only been saved by "Gods". We are proud of the fact that we never attacked any country, and that our biggest export to the outside world was a non violent religion. Given this scenario your thinking is only "pipe" or "weed" dream in your case.

14. Rowdy

As I said, the self hate is strong in hindus.

15. Rashna

Lol. Either its self hate or hating someone else. This is totally opposed to Hindu Philosophy. Like Islam you want to breed new hindu philosophies which focus on radicalization of the Hindu mind. Given our past i don't see this thing working in practice. I gave you the option of taking your gang of generals to save the Yazidis who are beseeching hindus to help them, however you did not react positively. This doesn't augur well for this radicalization program of yours. :rolleyes:

16. Rowdy

Me and a radical .... :(
    I have no desire to promote a new Hindu philosophy my dear. Neither am I a radical. What is happening in India is ABNORMAL. in the US a non christian can never become a prez. Heck even a white atheist can not become a president. Most american papers like NYT and WSJ will admit this. This is called self pride. I just want hindus to protect their economic and political rights. just like the chinese (Han) protect their own.

Mad Indian likes this.
  17. Rashna

We voted in the BJP, aren't we doing that already?

18. Rowdy

The BJP is a centrist party.
    There is No pro-Hindu Party.
    There are Anti-Hindu (Congress, Ishrat ke papa nitish, NC, Aanarchy Always Party (AAP), Mullah -i-am, Mamta -al Bengali) and Not Anti-Hindu(BJP, BJD (Naveen Patnaik)) .

19. Rashna

You need to explain this part in Blue.

20. Rowdy

Elementary my Rashna Cola ,
    BJP pursues a centrist approach. Socially and economically. Don't fall for idiots like Bhagwat etc. They are just plain morons. BJP just likes to not rock the boat. Work a little more and finish their term. A right wing government is expected to do the following:
    a)Install meritocracy by removing affirmative action
    b)Protecting the rights of the majority community to make sure that those who contribute most to the nation are not lampooned.
    c)Reduce government participation in citizens lives.
    None of which Mudi and BJP do .
    I would say Shiv sena fits the bill but they are more idiots that politicians. :lol:

21. Rashna

Do you think India is ready for a Shiv Sena? They recently said Muslims should be stripped of their voting rights. lolz. What are the chances they will get voted in to the centre. Its called centre for that reason i think, that it needs a centrist philosophy. According to you USA is pro christian hence rightist. How does that influence their treatment of Christians v/s others in the US? Do you call it rightist? How can we fit that in to the Indian scenario?