PMO Asks 41 Ordnance Factories To Furnish A Report On Their Achievements From 2013 Onward

lcafanboy

Country flag
PMO Asks 41 Ordnance Factories To Furnish A Report On Their Achievements From 2013 Onward

Of late, Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar, too, has been critical of the work culture and target achievement of OFs.

New Delhi: Used to a lenient and patronizing attitude on their work achievements by the governments of the day, state-owned ordnance factories (OFs) — employing nearly a lakh workers in its 41 factories across the country — have been asked by none other than the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) to furnish a report on their achievement from 2013 onward.

Confirming the development, a top source in the defense ministry told this newspaper: “The PMO has written the letter to the secretary, defense production, who controls the OFs. The February 16 letter seeks of OFs to give a report on all the items and products they have produced in the last three financial years along with details of the costs involved, besides photographic evidence.”

The source added that the reports have to be furnished by Tuesday (February 28) and the order includes not just the factories producing ammunition and weapons but also those producing and supplying clothing and other equipment to the troops.

Performance of OFBs has been anything but satisfactory. In 2013, OFBs could meet the targets on only 39 per cent of the items required by the Armed Forces. The PMO’s order is significant in view of soldiers from the armed forces and paramilitary taking to social media in recent days to vent their angst on the quality and quantity of items they are being given by the OFs. Of late, defense minister Manohar Parrikar, too, has been critical of the work culture and target achievement of OFs.

Tracing its origin to British India in 1787, OFs are the oldest and largest organisation in India’s defense industry. The 41 factories are divided into five verticals — ammunition and explosives; weapons, vehicles and equipment; materials and components; armored vehicles; and ordnance equipment. The 41 OFs are under the administrative control of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), which is under the MoD’s department of defense production.

While the Army is the main client of OFs accounting for 80 per cent of the production, the Air Force and Navy together account for less than 4 per cent of the factory issues with paramilitary forces and the state police forces accounting largely for the rest.

The primary objectives of OFs are to supply quality arms, ammunition, tanks and equipment expeditiously to armed forces, to modernize production facilities and to achieve substantive self–reliance, to absorb latest technology and conduct in-house research and development besides enhancing the potential of small and medium enterprises in the country’s stated objective of indigenisation. There is a widespread belief that OFs have been falling far short of achieving their targets.

http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2017/02/pmo-asks-41-ordnance-factories-to.html?m=1

http://www.asianage.com/india/all-india/250217/all-41-ordnance-factories-under-pmo-scanner.html

Vikramaditya

Country flag
one of my friend husband work in drdo, she told me once, that around six month is given to her husband and co. for research which they treat as holiday, and even in rest of six month they work only when they are told and force to do... we need some danda for these people otherwise expect no result from them

Alok Arya

Country flag
one of my friend husband work in drdo, she told me once, that around six month is given to her husband and co. for research which they treat as holiday, and even in rest of six month they work only when they are told and force to do... we need some danda for these people otherwise expect no result from them
Yes time has come . They have to do , otherwise face action . PMO not going to sit idle .

Bahamut

Well they have very little to say

lcafanboy

Country flag
Modi Govt is not using a danda instead they have inserted hot burning IRON ROD into their asses. Now they have to report on time and time recorded bio-metrically, they can't leave early, and at the end of the day have to show results. That's the reason so many indigenous products are being completed and coming up for production at faster rates. Look how LCA, Dhanush, ATAGS, Several Missile systems, UTTAM AESA, is coming online. There is surely some fire burning on their bottom now.:devil::devil::):):rofl:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
The Kavery engine took 3 decades. Why? Because it was a conspiracy of sorts as all the hundreds of people working on it were on a paid holiday. They knew that most would be out of a job with fat pay and perks if and when it was completed.

As for Ordnance Factories, the damn trade unions have buggered them up with poor quality, no work ethics and shoddy execution. Hope things will change.

captscooby81

Country flag
Sarkari naukri hai bhai kya hoga .. if they have issues like Private companies where they need to answer the investors on the return of their investment or performance linked assessment of their job instead of promoting every ass just because he is rubbing his seat for last 2-3 decades .. These people needs to be put on course correction very badly or they should meet face to face with the foot solider who is dying because of they are not getting timely supplies of the arms and ammunition's supposed to be delivered by this OFB s and get a tight slap from them ..

Hope this is not going to end with just the sake of asking reports . There should be some actions based on the outcome of the reports if not the bottom end at the top level heads should roll .. Move those people who are not delivering the results ..

xeaaex

GOVERMENT oF INDIA.....

100 saal takm koi tension nahi..
koi apna boss nai
sab apne boss...
nam koi kaam na koi dhaam
na koi sawal karne wala na koi jawab lenewala...
haan...slry increment sabko chahiyye par
pa job increament karna kisi ko nahi,...

ispe toh ..ekpura fourum ho sakta hai bhai?
INDIAN GOVERMENT JOB=JAMAI RAJA OF india

by the way... Aisi parade karegi sabki toh...

Sab strike par chale jane ki dhamki nai denge...
"jaise bihar ke IAS ko Girftaar kiya toh Sare IAS ko Mirchi Lagi,...sabhi log Nokri Chhod ne ki Dhamki dene lagey... "

HOW SHAME FULL
Chodne do naukri, voh log jo 1 lakh mai kaam karte voh baki ke log 15000 mai unse accha kar sakte, trust me puri work force replace karni chahiye.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
What was junked shortfalls, can't they even make simple Ammunition now ?

Last edited:

Bahamut

What was junked shortfalls, can't they even take simple Ammunition now ?
I hate say it but many say the armed forces love foreign maal, but it is completely fake. Our defences industry cannot make any thing without screw up and even then they depend on import of raw materials from other countries. It high time that they start working.

Alok Arya

Country flag
Sarkari naukri hai bhai kya hoga .. if they have issues like Private companies where they need to answer the investors on the return of their investment or performance linked assessment of their job instead of promoting every ass just because he is rubbing his seat for last 2-3 decades .. These people needs to be put on course correction very badly or they should meet face to face with the foot solider who is dying because of they are not getting timely supplies of the arms and ammunition's supposed to be delivered by this OFB s and get a tight slap from them ..

Hope this is not going to end with just the sake of asking reports . There should be some actions based on the outcome of the reports if not the bottom end at the top level heads should roll .. Move those people who are not delivering the results ..
Boss I am a govt officer . Previously if any employee under me is coming regular late , we use to request him / her to please come in time and they usually use to say that sir because you are requesting I tomorrow try to come in time . But these biometric machines change the way , now employee come 10 min before and leave 5 min after . However these biometric machines are not following strictly, but time will come when this punching system will be integrated to salary. I am waiting the day . All traffic jam , bus late etc etc will be vanish in one day , and govt employees use to come 10 min before the duty time .

captscooby81

Country flag
Please don't take it wrong sir . i just made my observation from what i had seen and also what i use to hear from my Bro in Law , He was an Ex employee of HVF working on the Arjun Tank Production . He used to say how his juniors are so lethargy and cant even pull them for anything serious they will use the caste and union cards and discrimination to get out of any actions .. The govt function is majorly affected because of this mob s which jump into strike for every shit ..Hope things have changed now in Govt organisation if not already then hopefully in future for the betterment of this country ..

Boss I am a govt officer . Previously if any employee under me is coming regular late , we use to request him / her to please come in time and they usually use to say that sir because you are requesting I tomorrow try to come in time . But these biometric machines change the way , now employee come 10 min before and leave 5 min after . However these biometric machines are not following strictly, but time will come when this punching system will be integrated to salary. I am waiting the day . All traffic jam , bus late etc etc will be vanish in one day , and govt employees use to come 10 min before the duty time .

Alok Arya

Country flag
Please don't take it wrong sir . i just made my observation from what i had seen and also what i use to hear from my Bro in Law , He was an Ex employee of HVF working on the Arjun Tank Production . He used to say how his juniors are so lethargy and cant even pull them for anything serious they will use the caste and union cards and discrimination to get out of any actions .. The govt function is majorly affected because of this mob s which jump into strike for every shit ..Hope things have changed now in Govt organisation if not already then hopefully in future for the betterment of this country ..
Boss you are absolutely more than 100% correct . You can not pull any one . Caste , union , gender are potent weapon . Why I work ? Are I join , paid under the table , to do work after joining ? I come across these things several time . What I feel , that you can improve your self only , max you can create your example silently to create work culture . But these biometric machines reduces our headache of reporting late on duty of staff . Now there is no fight that he come late so why I start work or I have to go earlier as he is late etc etc . Sir things are moving forward for betterment , for this I hail Modi by heart . God bless him .

Berkut

Country flag
As narrated to me(conversation took place in 2005) by someone in the family who was very high up in DRDO( yes , different from Ordinance Factory) on why miracles like ISRO don't take place in their space.
1. There is also a case for our military's addiction to foreign products. For a variety of reasons (corrupt seniors get foreign junkets, +kick backs in various forms). These officers keep shifting goal posts when product design is almost 80% complete. Set standards of acceptance that are near impossible or impossible to achieve. This demoralises scientists working on such projects.
2) Cynicism in Mid level management. Due to years of negativity, if a young newcomer pitches an idea or shows excitement for work, he/she is promptly cut down to size.
3) Cynicism from govt and baabudom: " aap ye tank bana to Rahe ho par aapko bhi pata hai aayega to Rusi maal hi"

His suggested Remedy (conversation took place around 2005)

1) If the PM is scary (the last one was Mrs.Gandhi) and is a patriot(last one being Shastri) then the trickle down effect will sort out Baabudom n the corrupts in the Fauji procurement

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its the other way around, I have seen how Russian god made missiles missed their targets and worst get locked into a friendly boat at sea, Rifle jams due to expired ammunition sold as new, Busted tank barrels so does faulty arty ammunition, and many other cases which don`t makes news headlines ..

Constructive criticism is always welcome but baseless bashing is for-bitten ..

What was junked shortfalls, can't they even make simple Ammunition now ?
I hate say it but many say the armed forces love foreign maal, but it is completely fake. Our defences industry cannot make any thing without screw up and even then they depend on import of raw materials from other countries. It high time that they start working.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Its the other way around, I have seen how Russian god made missiles missed their targets and worst get locked into a friendly boat at sea, Rifle jams due to expired ammunition sold as new, Busted tank barrels so does faulty arty ammunition, and many other cases which don`t makes news headlines ..

Constructive criticism is always welcome but baseless bashing is for-bitten ..

Both should make head lines, but the constant missing of production goals, etc by OFB. Plus the crap outside OEMs throw into India, should lead to outsourcing of more production to domestic private firms like Bharat Forge.

No reason why to hold them back. They want to produce, let them.

deepak ghanvatkar

Modi Govt is not using a danda instead they have inserted hot burning IRON ROD into their asses. Now they have to report on time and time recorded bio-metrically, they can't leave early, and at the end of the day have to show results. That's the reason so many indigenous products are being completed and coming up for production at faster rates. Look how LCA, Dhanush, ATAGS, Several Missile systems, UTTAM AESA, is coming online. There is surely some fire burning on their bottom now.:devil::devil::):):rofl:
Ordinance factories have to be answerable. If you go to private factory and you don't work, don't report on time.... you will surely be shown door... Are Government factories "bap ki riyasat" for lazy bones? Who ever has done it; its good.

raja696

If given one more opportunity both love for foreign maal and lazy sarkaari a$$es both need equal amount of bamboo :)

raja696

Hope my friend not watching me in this forum. In my friends sarkaari place, people come 5 min early to put biometric in the morning , rest of the day absent and again hurry up running at 5 pm evening to put biometric and ghayab....

Any strict adherence to attendence they say we have to vote the opposition lol . Sabka sab choor from top to bottom. They want sarkaari job stability but want to rest and work private. Any argument they say government pay is very less. Hypocrites for the sake of speaking truth.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles