PM open to visiting Pak to celebrate 'something solid'

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Press Trust of India, Updated: March 28, 2012 02:30 IST

Onboard Air India One: Welcoming Pakistan's move to liberalise trade with India, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said he could visit that country if there is "something solid" to celebrate.

On his meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani on the sidelines of the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, Dr Singh said he thanked him for the trade concessions his government had made to India recently.

"I had a good meeting with him. I thanked him for the trade concessions that they have announced," the Prime Minister said on board his special aircraft while returning from a four-day visit to South Korea.

Dr Singh said PM Gilani asked him when would he be coming to Pakistan on an official visit.

"He (Gilani) said when are you coming there (Pakistan). So, I said let us do something solid so that we can celebrate," Dr Singh said.

Pakistan had recently announced its decision to liberalize trade with India by moving from positive list to a shorter negative list of goods.

PM open to visiting Pak to celebrate 'something solid'

Vishwarupa

Country flag
From India point of view Something solid should be - closure of terror camps in pak, handover of azad kashmir, Hand over of Mumbai attacker & dawood to India for prosecution,ISI should stop sponsoring Naxalites & other anti India organisations in India, chinese army should leave GB & last but not the least Nuclear proliferation & safety of nuclear weapons in pk.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles