PM Nawaz Sharif raises Pakistan's defence budget 15 per cent

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
How does your govt. address the trade deficit mentioned in your previous post?

The parallel underground economy which runs in your country among other reason is because of bad economic policy and avoidance of paying taxes how does your govt. address that?
trade deficit is already decreasing.

Trade deficit narrows by 12% as exports increase 7.24%, imports decrease 2.44% | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

i am not good at economics.but the govt targets to decrease the trade deficit further.and to decrease it to record low within the next 5 years.

last year during PPP govt.a industrilist said pakistani industries are working on 1/3rd of the capacity..and has the potential to reach upto 40billions dollars export within few years

about the latter i will post later

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
How does your govt. address the trade deficit mentioned in your previous post?

The parallel underground economy which runs in your country among other reason is because of bad economic policy and avoidance of paying taxes how does your govt. address that?
trade deficit is already decreasing.

Trade deficit narrows by 12% as exports increase 7.24%, imports decrease 2.44% | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

i am not good at economics.but the govt targets to decrease the trade deficit further.and to decrease it to record low within the next 5 years.

last year during PPP govt.a industrilist said pakistani industries are working on 1/3rd of the capacity..and has the potential to reach upto 40billions dollars export within few years

about the latter i will post later

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Or people can start paying taxes, since that is feasible as opposed to trying to quell the underground market which is rampant in countries like Pakistan.
I guess the tax system in pakistan is probably the worst in the world.

any info about the tax system in afghanistan?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@farhan_9909, you admit you are not good at eco. I had glance at your budget figures and you guys look in trouble.

take a look at the above, you guys have not meet your targets for resources at the one hand and have over spend on all accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

your Govt assumes more loan and grants. Last years figures are not meet, with Uncle out of Afghanistan, you wont get Transit fee and all the free military hardware in the name of fighting war on terror. Foreign aid will mean that you have to pay it back, that means more money for debt repayment and debt servicing.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@farhan_9909, you admit you are not good at eco. I had glance at your budget figures and you guys look in trouble.

take a look at the above, you guys have not meet your targets for resources at the one hand and have over spend on all accounts.
No wonder as someone said even evils are better than zardari/PPPP govt

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
when i was going through your budget figures this is also caught my eye

Baluchis get less then 10% of the funds. No doubt they are not happy with Pakistan. Last time you guys did the same with Bangladesh.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
when i was going through your budget figures this is also caught my eye

Baluchis get less then 10% of the funds. No doubt they are not happy with Pakistan. Last time you guys did the same with Bangladesh.
i guess both Balochistan and KPK are getting more as compared to other provinces

population of kpk is 20millions of total 180millions of pakistan or 11.11%

Population of balochistan is 8millions of total 180millions of pakistan or 4.4% of pakistan.

now look at the share of each province.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

this is great.

Lets take interest payments first

out of the total expenditure of 3,478,354 you guys paid 1,028,737 for interest payment :rofl: that is almost 30% of expenditure on interest payments.

interest payment is twice the military budget. :rofl: you are at war with interest payment.

looks like lot of people are leaving military, your estimates and actual are not matching, looks like more people in military are taking early retirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
[/IMG]

both in the red also contribute to your countries defence if not directly indirectly.

BTW POK get almost 4 times the army budget.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

you guys are making fastest in the earth, still that figure is kind of hidden.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@farhan_9909 with those figures above i dont think you guys are in any position for war in 2015-16, look at the figures you guys are already financially bankrupt.

Now you guys want to make nuke submarine, SLBM, your PSLV, J31, etc etc.

Do you have money for all these things in first place ? you guys are printing more currency, into heavy borrowing. your military wants SUVs, you guys are screwed big time.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@farhan_9909 with those figures above i dont think you guys are in any position for war in 2015-16, look at the figures you guys are already financially bankrupt.

Now you guys want to make nuke submarine, SLBM, your PSLV, J31, etc etc.

Do you have money for all these things in first place ? you guys are printing more currency, into heavy borrowing. your military wants SUVs, you guys are screwed big time.
we will see what happens next.

Next year growth rate of india and pak would be almost similar..dont confuse this govt with the previous

sob

Mod
Country flag
@sayareakd, this is not the full picture of the interest payments to be made.

You have to look at their forex Reserves to get a better picture.

Their Forex Reserves as of May 17th is US$ 6.4 Billion which is sufficient for 1.5 months of imports. For this financial year they have to make interest payments to the tune of nearly US $ 1.25 Billion and nowhere have they mentioned the Principal amount to be returned ( some fudging is there).

Pakistan is on the verge of an imminent IMF Bailout of nearly US $ 5 Billion and this is not going to go down well with the people on the street and GHQ in particular, because of the restrictions that will come with it.

sob

Mod
Country flag
we will see what happens next.

Next year growth rate of india and pak would be almost similar..dont confuse this govt with the previous
Buddy do not make the mistake of comparing percentages. That is the biggest error to make. The base figures have to be taken.

A GDP growth of 2% for Germany would be more than 9% GDP growth of India, so do not compare percentages.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

this is great.

Lets take interest payments first

out of the total expenditure of 3,478,354 you guys paid 1,028,737 for interest payment :rofl: that is almost 30% of expenditure on interest payments.
Ok again recheck this. 30% for interest repayment and military budget which is half of your interest payment i.e 15% makes it 45% on activity which has no impact in development in your country, add about 5% on nukes you guys are making and on other secret projects which is not accounted for like Afghanistan and India by ISI. That means 50% of your budget is not paid for any economic activity. :shocked:

Reactions: sob

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Buddy do not make the mistake of comparing percentages. That is the biggest error to make. The base figures have to be taken.

A GDP growth of 2% for Germany would be more than 9% GDP growth of India, so do not compare percentages.
true but you should compare the Per capita incomes as well.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Per Capita and PPP looks good only on paper. It does not alter anything on the ground.

Based on PPP we are bigger than the French or the German economy, does it make it better, no only good for books and making reports.

ladder

Country flag
Very interesting

Firstly, the military pension is more than 3 times the civilian pension value, which shows the discriminatory proportion of military over civilian administration.
And this is for a country of 180 million citizens and less than a million military.
Secondly, the military pension is separate from military budget.
thirdly, the raise in pension values gives out two possibilities
1. there is a upward revision in pension value, more so in the case of military pension than civilian, which shows utter disregard that military has to national economy.
2. The figures are understated in he original budget and then is quietly revised.

Under the grants heading, the breakup would have been interesting.
A large amount has been given to " others", who and what are the others.

also what kind of subsidy are given and to whom?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles