PM Modi on surprise visit to Pakistan today

asingh10

Not all kings had Hindu identity written over their head when they sided with Brits. They had to choose between their loyalty towards faith vs keeping power. Some chose latter. My argument had to deal with the fact that India remained a Hindu country despite 1000 years of Muslim+Brit rule. So, give some credit where it is due. It was not perfect but we are still here and have a continued historical connect with our civilization.
Pretty much the last bastion of Pagan civilization.

AnantS

Country flag
If pressure was real, you would not see shoot and scoot kind of two hour diplomatic visit that we have seen today.

Modi was supposed to have much more spine than MMS. Btw, MMS did not visit Pak in his 10 year tenure and he would have had similar pressure from world powers. Modi has no more/less pressure than MMS.

Trust me it is the ABV bug that has bitten Modi now.
I already said in my first post, that WKKitism has bitten Modi. But pressure is also in play. It also worked on MMS. The funny thing was MMS gave more than what was required. Sharm AL Shaikh announcement e.g.

Sakal, think this way, when pressure is applied on tomato, no one can guess how and in which direction the juice will ooze out. Similarly Abv bus yatra thingy, Sharm Al Shaikh, Lahore p!$$ stop, are all so called imaginative thinking oozing out in unpredictable fashion to ease pressure out. (jmho)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I already said in my first post, that WKKitism has bitten Modi. But pressure is also in play. It also worked on MMS. The funny thing was MMS gave more than what was required. Sharm AL Shaikh announcement e.g.

Sakal, think this way, when pressure is applied on tomato, no one can guess how and in which direction the juice will ooze out. Similarly Abv bus yatra thingy, Sharm Al Shaikh, Lahore p!$$ stop, are all so called imaginative thinking oozing out in unpredictable fashion to ease pressure out. (jmho)
Oh man, MMS wanted to give away Siachen. But Pakis just did 26/11 before he could implement it.

It is not foreign pressure but some stupid ideal(Nobel Peace Prize) that makes our politicians act like tomato. Do we ever hear China changing its stance on Tibet or SCS?

India being a democracy needs to punish its leaders for such misadventures which we don't. Plain and simple. But it also acts as a source of power for the politician. Modi could have easily leaked a news and said that Indian public opinion is against relationship with Pak. The bashing that Anurag Thakur received post his cricket comments could have been used to ease pressure on the PM.

It is Modi's belief that he can bring a change vis-a-vis Pak that is driving this policy. You are unnecessarily giving too much credit to foreign pressure. A democratic leader knows very well how to soften the pressure.

Country flag
I was in two minds before I read @Mad Indian 's post above. We are cutting Modi too much slack. The west needs India more than we need them. We are both the growth engine as well as big consumers.
India's economy is the same as California's economy. The real reason is strategic. India's economy still has a long way to go.
For a high tech nation still not one semiconductor manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
India's economy is the same as California's economy. The real reason is strategic. India's economy still has a long way to go.
For a high tech nation still not one semiconductor manufacturer.

It is still a very balanced economy with domestic consumption being the primary driver than exports. China being cheap semiconductor exports hub has led to almost no semi-conductor manufacturing in any country and not just India.

I am not saying India is in very comfortable position. But India is in a very stable condition and would not even be impacted if there is another 2008 type of recession due to it being a domestically driven economy unlike China/Japan. This makes it very lucrative for foreign consumer goods manufacturers to enter India for long term benefits.

I personally do not like to look at specific manufacturing sectors to make comments on economic prowess. All countries have their own specialization and no one is self sufficient.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
India is the third largest economy in the world. To even think that India can be bullied into doing something is patently adsurb and ridiculous and shameful.

Seriously guys, pls end this useless pressure bs. Modi betrayed us yet again. That is all there is to it.

I thought the chaddiwallahs would avoid this thread like they usually do on similar threads where bjp and RSS * betrayed us, but I am surprised to see that @VIP actually came to this thread to defend his god. Somehow ,I feel even more angry because of that and would have tolerated his absence more than his pathetic excuse in this thread.

And people like @Adux are the last people who can comment on Hindu unity or lack there of when he is as likely as the jaichands to betray us for his ideology. Pot calling kettle black.

Country flag
@madindian

I agree I think modi did this to keep himself in the limelight more than anything else?it still makes no sense ? Or US pressure to get TAPI pipeline going?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
@madindian

I agree I think modi did this to keep himself in the limelight more than anything else?it still makes no sense ? Or US pressure to get TAPI pipeline going?

Modi cannot do this unless until advised by NSA dobhal.

The meeting would have been planned by RAW and ISI first so that west does not influence the meeting.

Since the western agencies would have not allowed this to happen so calmly. They would have activated their anti India Pak dialogue lobby in congress and also in BJP, Media.

Country flag
Smart move to meet unannounced . Lot of people had no time to plan obstacles:
Opposition parties
Army chiefs
Media
Chinese
US
ISI
RAW
Protestors
Actors
Foreign press
Intelligence agencies

And the list goes on

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Disgusting. Not expected from a PM who is supposed to be from a Hindutvadi background. Praised Abdali so what's really left...praise Aurangzeb and Ghaznavi too.

Durrani is by faith Muslim, but born from Ancient India, and Akhand Bharat. More over, Durrani was emperor of Durrani Empire, mostly Afghanistan and Pakistan. With Capital in Kandhar. :p . This means current Pakistan was under Afghan rule :pound:

They did confronted the sikhs though as a british strategic responce policy of weakening both Durranis and Sikhs and then taking them one by one.

More over Durranis were the people who captured Ghazni :laugh:

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Durrani is by faith Muslim, but born from Ancient India, and Akhand Bharat. More over, Durrani was emperor of Durrani Empire, mostly Afghanistan and Pakistan. With Capital in Kandhar. :p . This means current Pakistan was under Afghan rule :pound:

More over Durranis were the people who captured Ghazni :laugh:
Who needs Muslims/foreigners to lord over India when people like you have such awesome logic!!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@madindian

Is tapi so worth for USA that it will risk losing billions in defence deals with India? No I don't think this has anything to do with any body's pressure

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Is tapi so worth for USA that it will risk losing billions in defence deals with India? No I don't think this has anything to do with any body's pressure
Why would US even care about TAPI? It comes from Turkmenistan to India and has nothing to do with US except may be shore up some security in Afghanistan.

I would anyway never invest in a pipeline coming through Pak.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Disgusting. Not expected from a PM who is supposed to be from a Hindutvadi background. Praised Abdali so what's really left...praise Aurangzeb and Ghaznavi too.

Actually his hindutvavadi background perfectly explains his behavior. Ask chaddiwallahs. They will say afghan is India and akhand bharat and how abdali is a Indian hero.am I right @VIP ?:rolleyes:

Intellectually handicapped clowns. Seriously, I wonder how these RSS retards even came up with this name/concept of Akhand bharat seeing as how they are all intellectually retarded morons in the first place. It must surely be a miracle.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Actually his hindutvavadi background perfectly explains his behavior. Ask chaddiwallahs. They will say afghan is India and akhand bharat and how abdali is a Indian hero.am I right @VIP ?:rolleyes:

Intellectually handicapped clowns. Seriously, I wonder how these RSS retards even came up with this name/concept of Akhand bharat seeing as how they are all intellectually retarded morons in the first place. It must surely be a miracle.
You should see Ram Madhav's stupidity on head to head recently in the last five minutes on the show. He was defending the akhand Bharat picture in RSS head quarter. He said it's possible just like it happened in case of Germany!! And he said it would be peaceful!!
Only morons can believe in this stuff!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles