Plot to kill Ayodhya judges busted: Chidambaram

KS

Bye bye DFI
Not everybody in the north is fair. And there is no evidence of migration or invasion from south.
The nilgiris and other ranges in the border between kerala and TN are colder than Delhi, but how come they have dark skin? Ethiopia has cold climate since it is a high plateau but people there are dark.
Param, actually people from Ooty,Valaparai , on an average, are fairer than people in Coimbatore,Erode on the foothills and people from Cbe are on an average fairer than people from Tirunelveli.

I agree with Chauhan that climate does have a role in the fairer skin tones.

p.s, no disrespect to any one from tirunelveli. It was just an example.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Param, actually people from Ooty,Valaparai , on an average, are fairer than people in Coimbatore,Erode on the foothills and people from Cbe are on an average fairer than people from Tirunelveli.

I agree with Chauhan that climate does have a role in the fairer skin tones.

p.s, no disrespect to any one from tirunelveli. It was just an example.
To be more specific it depends on amount of sun light and north India gets plenty of it. From sunlight our body generates vitamin d and where there is strong sun throughout the year then skin turns black so as not to get more vitamin d and uv rays than necessary and where is less sunlight throughout the year so skin turns white so as to maximize the use of sunlight and uv rays.

Approximately 70,000–100,000 years ago modern humans began to migrate away from the tropics to the north where they were exposed to less intense sunlight, possibly in part due to the need for greater use of clothing to protect against the colder climate. Under these conditions there was less photodestruction of folate and so the evolutionary pressure stopping lighter-skinned gene variants from surviving was reduced. In addition, lighter skin is able to generate more vitamin D (cholecalciferol) than darker skin so it would have represented a health benefit in reduced sunlight if there were limited sources of vitamin D.

1. From ~1.2 million years ago to less than 100,000 years ago, the ancestors of all people alive were as dark as modern Africans.
2. As populations began to migrate, the evolutionary constraint keeping skin dark decreased proportionally to the distance North a population migrated, resulting in a range of skin tones within northern populations.
3. At some point northern populations experienced positive selection for lighter skin due to the increased production of vitamin D from sunlight and the genes for darker skin disappeared from these populations.
In above case north doesn't mean north India but central asia because it is from africa's point of view.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
South India is more close to the equator than north India,darker skin color is commonly found in peoples living in more southern regions and appears as an adjustment mechanism to hotter climates and greater sunshine. For example southern Europeans are darker in skin color than northern Europeans, though they are not a different race because of this.Skin color evolves after a considerable period of time passed in a certain climate and climate is decided by factors such as exposure to sun-light (temperature), altitude(atmospheric pressure), distance from the equator(humidity) etc. while skin color is not only affected by climate but some other factors too e.g. genes, cultural migrations.

Indian people are strange mix up of different cultures and races but Indian native tribes too were having a lot of diversity in their skin colors due to climate alone although later when invaders who came from better climate for fairer skin color got mixed up with Indian people and added a new variety of fair complexion here.South India is nearer to the equator than northern Indian areas so there is a natural difference between the skin color of north Indian people and south Indian people.

While it has genetically (genes are better proofs than climate or any other factor) been proved that north Indian tribe and south Indian tribe both evolved in locally into Hindu culture then there remains no doubt that color difference also evolved here in India, though later foreigners added a variety of fair complexion here.
The Myth of Aryan Invasion of India

Last edited:

Param

South India is more close to the equator than north India,darker skin color is commonly found in peoples living in more southern regions and appears as an adjustment mechanism to hotter climates and greater sunshine. For example southern Europeans are darker in skin color than northern Europeans, though they are not a different race because of this.Skin color evolves after a considerable period of time passed in a certain climate and climate is decided by factors such as exposure to sun-light (temperature), altitude(atmospheric pressure), distance from the equator(humidity) etc. while skin color is not only affected by climate but some other factors too e.g. genes, cultural migrations.

Indian people are strange mix up of different cultures and races but Indian native tribes too were having a lot of diversity in their skin colors due to climate alone although later when invaders who came from better climate for fairer skin color got mixed up with Indian people and added a new variety of fair complexion here.South India is nearer to the equator than northern Indian areas so there is a natural difference between the skin color of north Indian people and south Indian people.

While it has genetically (genes are better proofs than climate or any other factor) been proved that north Indian tribe and south Indian tribe both evolved in locally into Hindu culture then there remains no doubt that color difference also evolved here in India, though later foreigners added a variety of fair complexion here.
The Myth of Aryan Invasion of India
I have seen a lot of Punjabis who have a really dark complexion. I have known people from UP who have dark complexion, sometimes even darker than south Indians.

If climate is the reason for the difference between N & S in complexion then what explains this phenomenon that I mentioned?

Like I mentioned Ethiopian plateau has a colder climate than north, how come Ethiopians continue to be so dark?

Chauhan I am not a Dravidian ideologist, and I do not give too much importance to racial theories. I have doubts about the Aryan Invasion theory too, but I have to take with a .... spoon of salt all that you have mentioned in the post.
Having grown up in the north I have even noticed that usually the upper castes are the fairest folks. The ones who were lowest down the caste hierarchy often had a complexion darker than mine.

All humans migrated out of Africa. Nobody is completely native to any other continent. There is nothing wrong in admitting that migration did happen and those people who had a fairer complexion did have a lot of cultural similarities with C Asia, ancient Persia and the Caucuses.And afterall all races migrated out of Africa
Of course the "invasion" theory does not seem to hold water.

@ karthic
You must be talking about the migrants from Kntka and Kerala who live there. I was talking about the native tribals. I have seen native Tribals who have Darker complexion. Take a look at pictures of Irulas and Kurumbas.

Once again I am not really interested in this race was native or that race came from some where else.There is no point in dwelling in the past. All are Indians now and all have contributed to Hinduism. But I am afraid that the Sapta Sindhu theory has gained a strong foothold in the North.

Everybody has their own views, I am not going to challenge anyone regarding their views.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
too much off topic now !!

@ Param

I have seen a lot of Punjabis who have a really dark complexion. I have known people from UP who have dark complexion, sometimes even darker than south Indians.
Sikhism itself was founded on the 15th century, while color complexion evolves in a long period, you know many Hindus accepted Sikhism irrespective of their color, so many Sikhs were black and many Fair.

Ethiopian plateau has a colder climate than north, how come Ethiopians continue to be so dark?
Well i don't know much about that plateau except one thing that its very hot area. So i can't say more on it mate.

There is nothing wrong in admitting that migration did happen
I am already admitting it, yes migrations happened, but it happened after the development of Hindu culture.

Of course the "invasion" theory does not seem to hold water.
Yes it doesn't hold any truth as it has already been debunked by that study and yes we all are Indians now, so no need to discuss it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles