Plane forced to land SIDEWAYS as 75mph winds batter Britain

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Plane forced to land SIDEWAYS as 75mph winds batter Britain

Strong crosswinds forced pilot into difficult landings as they battled against the elements

As storms and rain lash Britain, this video shows the true extent of the strong winds battering England.

Gales of up to 75mph forced pilots of Air France and Ryanair planes to make difficult landings at Bristol Airport as they battled against the elements.

The Air France plane was filmed heading towards the runway almost sideways in the strong crosswinds before finally correcting its approach.

Other flights across Britain reportedly experienced similar problems as storms raged.

The Environment Agency issued 70 flood alerts, with five serious flood warnings in the South-West.
The windy weather is expected to continue until the end of the week, although the severity has been downgraded overnight.

Watch the video.

Blackwater

@ ray sir, video ???

chalo i post it for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ray

Free Karma

Winds can be really strong in UK, was quite surprised on my first visit there..one gust nearly pushed me off my bicycle,, and umbrellas are basically useless, cause they get turned inside out

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have experienced a sideways landing

In NDA, I was on a Microlight flight and when the pilot tried to land we were buffeted by strong crosswind and as he pilot struggled with the controls, I thought I was a goner.

Fortunately, we landed and we were safe but on the grass alongside the runway.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles