PLA Top Official wearing US Army tags..

aeroblogger

No idea, will read the articles when I got time. It dosnt looks like ppl here care one way or another with the off topic posts though.
What is the point of asking for info while at the same time flamming and derail the thread?
It's been a week. Surely, you've had some time to read the article?

I'm interested in what the real story is behind this...

The Fox

Did anyone noticed ?

Probably Ebay..

In China majority in Media don't know abt English..

Anyone guess what happen to these guys ?
perhaps usa would have ordered the camo for their army from the chinies........... and the chinies copied it along with the tag.......

Epic fail

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Maybe your source is outdated. I just tested and I have access to wiki in China. I did notice some articles are blocked.

You use youtube daily? Good for you but I don't think the rest of the world check it daily. I log in Facebook once a day and usually don't feel the need to surf youtube unless its videos are embedded in other pages.

twitter.com also banned

The question is not which sites are banned but the point is that CCP is considering chinese people as its subjects and it is making thought control its policy.In china the criticism of CCP has become equal to criticsm of china .
Why does the CCP does that ? Why can't you question communism? Communism has failed in china ,thats why you guys moved to free market in 1979,now why can not you question the thought police at the top?

CCP also using spindoctors to turn internet discussions into pro-CCP stance:
50 Cent Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 50 Cent Party are Internet commentators (网络评论员, 網絡評論員, wǎnglù pínglùn yuán) hired by the government of the People's Republic of China (both local and central) or the Communist Party to post comments favorable towards party policies in an attempt to shape and sway public opinion on various Internet message boards.[1][2] The commentators are said to be paid for every post that either steers a discussion away from anti-party or sensitive content on domestic websites, bulletin board systems, and chatrooms,[3] or that advances the Communist party line.[4][5]

huaxia rox

1 the issue u raised is something out there for some years....it is a problem in prc and i think if the cpc gov didnt censor internet and allowed more individual freedom prc would be a better place........but this doesnt mean prc cant develop without utube or facebook....this doesnt mean the gov and chinese people trying to develop a range of other things shouldnt be seen as major progress or achivements.....

2 u asked how come chinese tolerate this censorhip......the answer is we need to put up with that for a while.....and i can also ask u how come indian tolerate a major blackout in human history or a range of other things such as:
The prevalence of underweight children in India is among the highest in the world, and is nearly double that of Sub-Saharan Africa with dire consequences for mobility, mortality, productivity and economic growth.[1] The UN estimates that 2.1 million Indian children die before reaching the age of 5 every year – four every minute – mostly from preventable illnesses such as diarrhoea, typhoid, malaria, measles and pneumonia. Every day, 1,000 Indian children die because of diarrhoea alone. According to the 1991 census of India, it has around 150 million children, constituting 17.5% of India's population, who are below the age of 6 years.
(Malnutrition in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

ice berg

It's been a week. Surely, you've had some time to read the article?

I'm interested in what the real story is behind this...
The article never explained the reason behind it. Most chinese commentators agree that it was out of ignorance.

That guy just think it was cool with US army tags. There are fools everywhere. :lol:

He is certainly not PLA though.

ice berg

twitter.com also banned

The question is not which sites are banned but the point is that CCP is considering chinese people as its subjects and it is making thought control its policy.In china the criticism of CCP has become equal to criticsm of china .
Why does the CCP does that ? Why can't you question communism? Communism has failed in china ,thats why you guys moved to free market in 1979,now why can not you question the thought police at the top?

CCP also using spindoctors to turn internet discussions into pro-CCP stance:
50 Cent Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 50 Cent Party are Internet commentators (网络评论员, 網絡評論員, wǎnglù pínglùn yuán) hired by the government of the People's Republic of China (both local and central) or the Communist Party to post comments favorable towards party policies in an attempt to shape and sway public opinion on various Internet message boards.[1][2] The commentators are said to be paid for every post that either steers a discussion away from anti-party or sensitive content on domestic websites, bulletin board systems, and chatrooms,[3] or that advances the Communist party line.[4][5]
For every site that are banned, there is an equivalent in China. Twitter= Weibo
Youtube= Tudou=Youku etc
If you have to use twitter or other sites that are banned, you pay 50 kuai a month to get access to a server based in Hongkong.

There are solutions for everything.

huaxia rox

i dont think any chinese here needs to justify the censorship of chinese internet.....its a wrong policy so it needs to be condemed.....talking about weibo....even weibo itself is being censored......and yes there r solutions.....but why we need to find those solutions???something wrong in the 1st place so we have to solve it.....not a good thing.....

how ever what i wanna say is all this cant hide the simple truth which is despite all these prc still is developing in a fast speed and we expect some changes in the future.....

Agni5

i dont think any chinese here needs to justify the censorship of chinese internet.....its a wrong policy so it needs to be condemed.....talking about weibo....even weibo itself is being censored......and yes there r solutions.....but why we need to find those solutions???something wrong in the 1st place so we have to solve it.....not a good thing.....

how ever what i wanna say is all this cant hide the simple truth which is despite all these prc still is developing in a fast speed and we expect some changes in the future.....

Expect some changes in the
future.....

What ? turning democratic 100%.
That sounds good, you are welcome in free world.

Finally i like to thank US, for investing hugely in china.

nimo_cn

Country flag
It is not about censorship, but about what you are censoring.

DFI claims itself to be a pro-India forum, hence it deletes all the post deemed to be anti-India, that is censorship. But most Indian posters are supportive of it.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
For every site that are banned, there is an equivalent in China. Twitter= Weibo
Youtube= Tudou=Youku etc
If you have to use twitter or other sites that are banned, you pay 50 kuai a month to get access to a server based in Hongkong.

There are solutions for everything.
But why ban twitter,faceook and utube?
What does the CPC fear?

Do they fear that chinese people will start questioning the CPC nefarious intentions?

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is not about censorship, but about what you are censoring.

DFI claims itself to be a pro-India forum, hence it deletes all the post deemed to be anti-India, that is censorship. But most Indian posters are supportive of it.
There is a difference between trolling and criticism.
When you posted about malnutrtion then it was trolling and trying to deflect the discussion.Your post was deleted.
Huaxia rox also posted about malnutrition but it was a valid criticism and it is NOT deleted!

But you can't compare CPC to DFI.
DFI is an internet forum with pro-india policy.
But if you mean being pro-China means being pro-CPC then you clearly are misguided.As a citizen of china you have the right to question that why CPC bans international social networking websites and video tubes?
Clearly india is a lot backward in many aspects and we have the right to crticize the indian government.Anna hazare anti-corruption protest was one of them and now the main opposition party of india is asking the removal of the current PM as he may be corrupt.

CPC is very strict in this regard it never tolerates any criticsm beyond a certain pre-defined point and it also censors chinese websites like Weibo.
I don't like CPC but i like china.Because of your conditioning you may think that i am criticizing China but i am not,i always criticize CPC but i have nothing against the People Of China or the Chinese society.I am also researching on ancient China.I want to learn more about Chinese philosophy like confucianism,taoism etc.
In the past thousands of indians and chinese went to each other's country to spread knowledge and religion.Prominent examples are: Boddhidharma went from India to spread buddhism in China and I Ching came from china in in india to spread his knowledge.

nimo_cn

Country flag
There is a difference between trolling and criticism.
When you posted about malnutrtion then it was trolling and trying to deflect the discussion.Your post was deleted.
Huaxia rox also posted about malnutrition but it was a valid criticism and it is NOT deleted!

But you can't compare CPC to DFI.
DFI is an internet forum with pro-india policy.
But if you mean being pro-China means being pro-CPC then you clearly are misguided.As a citizen of china you have the right to question that why CPC bans international social networking websites and video tubes?
Clearly india is a lot backward in many aspects and we have the right to crticize the indian government.Anna hazare anti-corruption protest was one of them and now the main opposition party of india is asking the removal of the current PM as he may be corrupt.

CPC is very strict in this regard it never tolerates any criticsm beyond a certain pre-defined point and it also censors chinese websites like Weibo.
I don't like CPC but i like china.Because of your conditioning you may think that i am criticizing China but i am not,i always criticize CPC but i have nothing against the People Of China or the Chinese society.I am also researching on ancient China.I want to learn more about Chinese philosophy like confucianism,taoism etc.
In the past thousands of indians and chinese went to each other's country to spread knowledge and religion.Prominent examples are: Boddhidharma went from India to spread buddhism in China and I Ching came from china in in india to spread his knowledge.
Malnutrition is severe and real, don't understand why posting fact suddenly becomes an act of trolling. Maybe we should start posting malnutrition in China, that would be tolerable because it accords to the spirit of this forum.

Nonetheless, you are right that we can't compare DFI to CPC. Censorship by CPC faces constant resistance in China for whatever reason, whereas cencorship by DFI is being supported by every Indian members. Compared to CPC's forcefully imposed censorship, the spontaneous self-censorship by DFI is much more scary because it indicates that Indians has lost the spirit to fight the regime, instead they have become the attachment of the regime after being enslaved too long.

Censorship by CPC will be demolished once CPC is gone or reformed, but self-censorship, that is something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

I never said one had to be pro-CPC when being pro-CPC. I am quite clear where to draw the line between the party and the country as most Chinese posters are. However, I do support CPC's ban on foreign social networking services like twitter and facebook, because as a computer major I am fully aware of what these companies are capable of. CPC may ban them to make sure its control over Chinese, but I see merits of this ban in preventing China from being controlled by the west.

I know someone is gonna jump on me and say I am paranoid. Well, I can only tell you that you are a fool if you just let these western Internet companies get connected with every people of your country. It looks good in peaceful time, but whenever there is crisis, you are gonna see what destruction they can bring in. In fact, some of Indians may have been alarmed recently after the crisis in north east India.

Indian Government Defends Social Media Crackdown
While critics have railed against the Indian government's recent demands that Internet service providers block hundreds of pages and sites, current and former government officials say the action is necessary to maintain the peace.
Indian Government Defends Social Media Crackdown - NYTimes.com

Can you imagine the day when every Indian has a facebook account and they read, post, share on facebook on a daily basis? By that time, facebook becomes a string and the whole India becomes the puppet.

Without a doubt, CPC is very strict in containing criticism, but it doesn't mean it can't tolerate any criticism. As I see it, CPC has improved a lot in accepting critism. Nonetheless, the bottom line stands, which is that you never queston the legitimacy of CPC as the only ruling party of China or talk about overthrowing CPC.

Are you allowed to subvert your government? I doubt you are. But someone is gonna argue you can vote. Indeed, that is appealing, one vote by everyone fools everyone to feel that he is in charge. Well, just look at the history of India after her independence, who is actully steering this country?

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Malnutrition is severe and real, don't understand why posting fact suddenly becomes an act of trolling. Maybe we should start posting malnutrition in China, that would be tolerable because it accords to the spirit of this forum.

Nonetheless, you are right that we can't compare DFI to CPC. Censorship by CPC faces constant resistance in China for whatever reason, whereas cencorship by DFI is being supported by every Indian members. Compared to CPC's forcefully imposed censorship, the spontaneous self-censorship by DFI is much more scary because it indicates that Indians has lost the spirit to fight the regime, instead they have become the attachment of the regime after being enslaved too long.

Censorship by CPC will be demolished once CPC is gone or reformed, but self-censorship, that is something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

I never said one had to be pro-CPC when being pro-CPC. I am quite clear where to draw the line between the party and the country as most Chinese posters are. However, I do support CPC's ban on foreign social networking services like twitter and facebook, because as a computer major I am fully aware of what these companies are capable of. CPC may ban them to make sure its control over Chinese, but I see merits of this ban in preventing China from being controlled by the west.

I know someone is gonna jump on me and say I am paranoid. Well, I can only tell you that you are a fool if you just let these western Internet companies get connected with every people of your country. It looks good in peaceful time, but whenever there is crisis, you are gonna see what destruction they can bring in. In fact, some of Indians may have been alarmed recently after the crisis in north east India.

Indian Government Defends Social Media Crackdown - NYTimes.com

Can you imagine the day when every Indian has a facebook account and they read, post, share on facebook on a daily basis? By that time, facebook becomes a string and the whole India becomes the puppet.

Without a doubt, CPC is very strict in containing criticism, but it doesn't mean it can't tolerate any criticism. As I see it, CPC has improved a lot in accepting critism. Nonetheless, the bottom line stands, which is that you never queston the legitimacy of CPC as the only ruling party of China or talk about overthrowing CPC.

Are you allowed to subvert your government? I doubt you are. But someone is gonna argue you can vote. Indeed, that is appealing, one vote by everyone fools everyone to feel that he is in charge. Well, just look at the history of India after her independence, who is actully steering this country?
Facbook is a social networking platform.It is just like the internet in its true spirit,billions all over the world join and connect.
You are in a way justifying the facebook ban but not realizing that the same argument could be applied to banning the whole internet because most non-chinese sites(which are in majority) are run by foreigners ,so would you like to ban them all because CPC fears criticism.
As far as indian govt banning of some sites in relation to the north-east crisis is concerned, i don't support it.If the fools sitting in the GOI think that by banning some sites they can avert the crisis then they are nothing but a bunch of half baked brain buffoons.Internet is a vast playgound,you can get those images from anywhere.

As far as the problems in the indian election system is concerned ,i think you have a point and agree with most of what you say.
But what i don't like is that some organizations plays the Big daddy(whether its the govt or in your case CPC) and decides what is right or wrong to you.In the process taking away your rights and in turn giving you development(like the CPC does).
People's need to self-organize rather then rely on the big daddy and loose their freedom.

PS: Who is the name of the girl in your avatar?Was she in Sex and Zen-3 ?

huaxia rox

Expect some changes in the
future.....

What ? turning democratic 100%.
That sounds good, you are welcome in free world.

Finally i like to thank US, for investing hugely in china.
yes every man and people should expect some changes in the future....any problem here??? i think u will have to keep thanking the us for may be some other decades in the future......

Global Defence

New threads

Articles