PLA on course for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers

huaxia rox

The Rand corporation, Jane and other reputed sources in defence have all quoted nearly the same with regards to your SSBN. With the colossal undersea grid of listening stations, the USN, the Japanese fleet and even the SK Navy, all of whom are at your doorstep, would have picked out the movement of your sub, atleast 1/10, if there was really a deterrence patrol. They have successfully detected, and even tracked the rest of your Submarine fleet, including your SSNs, which should have atleast some commonality with your SSBN fleet.

But I'm pretty sure you'd have read about the PLAN sneaking up on a CBG exercise, and decided that you are masters of Undersea warfare., but you wont take the time to realise that this isolated incident was due to the hydrophones and listening stations being overwhelmed by the noise generated by the movement of the CBG and its auxillaries. Your subs are noisy, to put it mildly. Read up accounts by ex USN sonar operators, and even by Japanese p3c operators, your subs are amongst the easiest to find. Probably the reason your SSBN never left harbour until now.

And keep your Condesending tone about Indians out of here. As far as ASAT is concerned, you shot down an old satellite, in LEO, in a controlled environment. We've been intercepting IRBMs in exo-atmosphere, since 2006. In May this year, BMD tests will be carried out at an altitute of 200 km above sea-level, which is the altitude at which spy satellites are positioned. Now tell me, you seriously think this test will not validate ASAT capabilities?

And go listen to your fanboys, they are claiming China will induct begin inducting nuclear carriers this decade, and put it on patrols, example this thread. How long do you think it will take to do that? Build a nuclear powered one. Considering you have taken about a decade refitting the Varyag. By your standard, the Russians are far better. They've even managed to conduct flight deck operations in the short time before boilers failed.

Wrt the Vikramaditya, we hope to put it on operational patrol in late 2014, early 2015. Thats a given, and btw you do realise we've been operating CBGs for half a century now.
1 i guess no chinese says we are masters of Undersea warfare but we have been faced with most advanced ASW teams in the wrold from the US and japan for long....what a valuable exprience in which the US AC fleet cant detect our subs when doing excrise.....you know except for SCS all the seas prc got are pretty shallow far from deep ocean....how easy for the US and japan to pick up our subs.....and we put those old 033s (Romeo-class) to entertain them and when you can see the real ones for battle it can be too late in real wars......how ever i dont think any chinese cares to share these expriences with our indian friends......how do you feel good about your ATV project and k-15/4 etc and your undersea boxes is really your own business....

2 as one of the chinese members here pointed out.....why indians always can just talk about your futuristic weapons....i am saying what has already taken place......even if in the future you set you are able to do this and that how do you know what can chinese do in that future??

3 we all know pakistan had had nuclear weapons before they tested them.....well but if you dont test who cares what you can say??? same here......better shoot some settallite doen before you say you can do that.......

Global Defence

New threads

Articles