PIA to lease seven new jets, expand fleet

Blackwater

KARACHI:
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) plans to lease seven new jets by year-end, aiming to increase the size of its fleet to 42 aircraft; one of the largest ever, airline’s Chairman Nasser N A Jaffer said on Thursday.

Despite massive debt and accumulated losses that have wiped off its entire equity, the national flag carrier has already leased 14 jets and turbo props in recent years.

“Not everything is right but we are trying to improve the situation by bringing in changes,” he said at a media briefing.

“With these aircraft we will serve more passengers. This is the first time in PIA’s history that so many planes have been inducted in the fleet in such a short span of time.”

Right now the airline has 35 aircraft including 11 ATRs, nine Airbus 320s, nine Boeings 777s and six A310s. Out of these, 30 aircraft are operational while five await repair work.

The jets that will join the fleet over the next few months also include three Boeing 777s.

Jaffer said PIA has approached the government, which is the majority shareholder, to restructure its balance sheet. “Fortunately, we have people on our board who have some suggestions on how to restructure the airline’s debt of Rs295 billion.”

About the continuous decline in PIA’s frequency and shrinking share in international passenger traffic, he hoped the problem will be addressed with the addition of new aircraft.

However, the chairman, who was flanked by Managing Director Shahnawaz Rehman and other senior officials, did not respond to a question about how the airline intends to counter growing penetration of Middle East-based airlines.

“The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has allowed these (foreign) airlines to operate more flights because it says we are not able to serve passengers. Obviously, if there is a demand for five flights from a city and we can manage only two, then someone would come in to meet the demand.”

Without discussing much the proposed privatisation of PIA, he said the government was supporting the management’s restructuring efforts as evident from the $52 million it gave to lease the aircraft.

The renewed effort to take PIA out of losses has coincided with a sharp decline in jet fuel price. “We are lucky on that count. And that is how we have been able to offer discounts to customers.”

Addressing criticism that surrounds the hiring of flight instructors on contract, Managing Director Rehman said it was a requirement as pilots needed training for the A320s.

“We don’t have line instructors for this type of aircraft and that is why we are hiring them from outside on a temporary basis.”

Director Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Amir Ali said PIA was in talks with aircraft manufacturer Airbus and the Netherlands’s flag carrier KLM to upgrade its engineering facilities.

“We are also trying to attract Chinese investment in MRO (workshops) that are planned at Islamabad and Lahore airports.”

The government has been drip-feeding PIA by helping it arrange loans to pay salaries and vendors as the airline’s balance sheet, which carries a negative equity, does not interest lenders.

PIA to lease seven new jets, expand fleet - The Express Tribune

http://tribune.com.pk/story/946152/national-flag-carrier-pia-to-lease-seven-new-jets-expand-fleet/

Blackwater

lease ???? again paki managed to fool arabs in getting their old planes specially B-777 from emirates

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Blackwater

Director Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Amir Ali said PIA was in talks with aircraft manufacturer Airbus and the Netherlands’s flag carrier KLM to upgrade its engineering facilities.

Strange pakis did not ask for help to chinis to upgrade their maintenance facilities???

Blackwater

betta calm down. puttar look in the mirror and slap your self twice and make sure you are awake when making dick like comments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India#Fleet
View attachment 5847

what happened to the 777-200lr? is the us market not working for you? etihad had to take 5 of your hands.
the weird thing was you had to cannibalise parts of one plane so you can sell it then you later restore the parted plane.
View attachment 5848

granted pia is not as big as air india, but what isnt. lol

View attachment 5849

what you can take from this is that both airlines are not doing so go and are making improvements in there respective ways

puttar if u search u will find ur B747 were 2nd hand cathy pacific funded by arabs.

your all PIA B777 are ex emirates either given as gift in name of islam or given on soft lease which u will not pay.

if PIA seriously thinking of upgrade and money saving they should opt for B-787 or Airbus 350 which has better fuel efficiency,less maintenance and good seating capacity and available on soft lease but no no no

u need soft lease which u will not pay that is only possible from arabs whom u fool in the name of islam and only atmi aukuwat

avknight1408

Country flag
we all know the b747-3 was from cathay
indians are leasing plaines from china. hahahaha you cant even afford planes. i admit we are leasing planes and buying them. you had to abandon the 787-9 because of funds and had to sell and leaseback more 787-8's

you watch way too much ndtv...... wey paid for the b777's we got 5 more coming in q2 2017 and i admit we got 3 leased 777-200er from aercap. indian airlines dont even pay lease, remind me how many airlines lease jets and dont pay their leases. and when it comes to seizing the jets indian officials refuse them to takes the jets. air india was so messed up you had to sell the planes and lease them back

pia has got good wide bodies b777 which there engines are being upgraded too by ge in cardif

smaller widebodies jets do need to be inducted examples being 787 or a330neo i dont like the a350 it's more in between

single aisle jest need to be accounted for either the a320 or b737

im sorry but are no hindu majority countries in existence to help you. but we dont need emirates help. we helped create emirates. what did india do in the mean time?
Idiot. 30 Years back the gulf countries didnt have currency. RBI used to print Rupee and send them from mumbai. You Baki living on IMF bailouts speaking about india which is co-founder of BRICS Bank.

Blackwater

we all know the b747-3 was from cathay
indians are leasing plaines from china. hahahaha you cant even afford planes. i admit we are leasing planes and buying them. you had to abandon the 787-9 because of funds and had to sell and leaseback more 787-8's

you watch way too much ndtv...... wey paid for the b777's we got 5 more coming in q2 2017 and i admit we got 3 leased 777-200er from aercap. indian airlines dont even pay lease, remind me how many airlines lease jets and dont pay their leases. and when it comes to seizing the jets indian officials refuse them to takes the jets. air india was so messed up you had to sell the planes and lease them back

pia has got good wide bodies b777 which there engines are being upgraded too by ge in cardif

smaller widebodies jets do need to be inducted examples being 787 or a330neo i dont like the a350 it's more in between

single aisle jest need to be accounted for either the a320 or b737

im sorry but are no hindu majority countries in existence to help you. but we dont need emirates help. we helped create emirates. what did india do in the mean time?

your govt and PIA dont have money proof watch ur federal budget speech.:biggrin2::biggrin2:

u created emirates?? u just provide training for staff initially what happened after that.arabs ditched you and went to goras for management u were left to cleaning emirates airline toilets
:biggrin2::biggrin2:

you created emirates sounds same like you won spain 1000yrs back.

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Blackwater

air india has not room to talk. our reserves are growing very fast and our stock exchange is one of the best performing in the world, check on Forbes and Bloomberg.
stupid old dot head, research before you talk cow shit. in the mean time read the paragraph below

View attachment 5859

talking of air india and deviate from topic show u lost debate

deviate from topic shows u have nothing to say on PIA:biggrin2::biggrin2:

sabari

air india has not room to talk. our reserves are growing very fast and our stock exchange is one of the best performing in the world, check on Forbes and Bloomberg.
stupid old dot head, research before you talk cow shit. in the mean time read the paragraph below

View attachment 5859
You are still the same begger beg for us doller for buying crude

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
While Pakistanis dance about seven leased planes this is what indigo goes any outrightly buys 250 new airbus jets.
http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKCN0QM0IB20150817?irpc=932
Then spicejet buys another 100
http://articles.economictimes.india...4997045_1_aircraft-order-spicejet-boeing-737s
Go air and vistara combined buy another 87
http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2015/03/vistara-to-acquire-goair-will-fly-international-soon.html

If we're looking at numbers here. Good luck catching up.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
One more small detail adding the above 250 takes the number of aircraft on order by indigo alone to over 530 chew on that!

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

View attachment 5859
Buddy first get your railways on track..your right hand is bleeding consult a doctor get medical attention..instead of that you want to fight with me...

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
there are either leased and on bulk mortgage, nobody splashes out $26.6 billion on planes in one go. indigo will be receiving the bulk of these jet at a later date as the market they are in is very predictable. and lessors want a big deposit in case they decide to not pay there lease and carry on using the jets. this is coming from lessors not me, they said that. they welcome business but are very cautious of huge orders.
Nevertheless the fact remains that indigo just handed Airbus it's second biggest order ever!
That said the Indian market has immense scope and room to expand further and privately run domestic airlines that are not hobbled by unionism and overstaffing aka both PIA and AI shall see record growth in the years to come. For some interesting info on the Indian aviation sector follow the link below.
By the way indigo only bought so many planes because their bankers let them, why?
Because they paid off a 11$billion buy they had already made in 2011.
http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...858372&sig=APONPFmX484NRZHhnkLRGjEhmmyjORqusA

Blackwater

i fight/ argue with people who rant on about useless things which are either religion and ethnicity. i respect people of all religions but when someone gives me crap , they will not be spared.
its the pakis who takes everything in religion.

anyhow could you tel me why PIA shows hindu kufur bollywood movie on board??

do they pay licence fee to producers??

is'nt against 2 nation theory to show hindu kufur movies on national carrier???

isn't against the sabz hilali rang :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

blue marlin

its the pakis who takes everything in religion.

anyhow could you tel me why PIA shows hindu kufur bollywood movie on board??

do they pay licence fee to producers??

is'nt against 2 nation theory to show hindu kufur movies on national carrier???

isn't against the sabz hilali rang :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
hey babe how ist going? . hows my anti muslim, anti pakistani friend doing? good !

Last edited:

Blackwater

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::eek1::eek1::eek1:

blue marlin

Blackwater

all airlines lease jets nothing new or incredible here, i dont get it, what is there to be ashamed of. airlines lease jets when they need jets quickly or if they are not capable of procuring new jets. from what i know they purchased 5 777-300er's

heres a link with more info, note mortgaged jets are indicated as wholly owned
http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/PIA-Pakistan-International-Airlines

http://www.planespotters.net/country/operators/India

They are not purchasing they are getting free or on soft loan from Emirates used planes in the name of Islam poor atmi aukuwat

blue marlin

They are not purchasing they are getting free or on soft loan from Emirates used planes in the name of Islam poor atmi aukuwat
if you look at the link i provided they are from aercap the largest lessor in the world by numbers the 777-200er is a plane that carriers are phasing out so lessors would reduce the lease to make it attractive to carriers. pia is an airline that needs frequency, not new planes. so i can imagine pia being an ideal carrier to get these planes and there are due. from what i know by 2015 q4. emirates is not phasing out any useful 777's. in fact there are growing at an incredible rate, they just took delivery of there 150th 777.

also i see you met dark horse :)

Blackwater

if you look at the link i provided they are from aercap the largest lessor in the world by numbers the 777-200er is a plane that carriers are phasing out so lessors would reduce the lease to make it attractive to carriers. pia is an airline that needs frequency, not new planes. so i can imagine pia being an ideal carrier to get these planes and there are due. from what i know by 2015 q4. emirates is not phasing out any useful 777's. in fact there are growing at an incredible rate, they just took delivery of there 150th 777.

also i see you met dark horse :)
simple law of science.'what comes in must go out'

that is my point emirates is the largest user of 777 in the world. trust me these r ex emirates 777 given to PIA

yes i met dark horse i saw u in him:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

blue marlin

simple law of science.'what comes in must go out'

that is my point emirates is the largest user of 777 in the world. trust me these r ex emirates 777 given to PIA
yes your saying is well known. the site i showed you are very up to date emirates has no intention in phasing out the most popular 777-300er's the 777-200/er are being sent back to lessors and if you look up emirates on the site i posted you will be shocked to find a lot of there planes are too leased!

if you cant be bothered to check it up heres the link: http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Emirates

pia will be receiving 3 ex Vietnam airlines 777-200ers and 2 wet leased a330's from air asia x and more a320's from air asia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles