Phl case vs China will fail - US expert | Philippine Star

amoy

LOL

China will quit from UNCLOS if the result is not favour China.

Ps. Just like US.

ratified
signed, but not ratified
did not sign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_on_the_Law_of_the_Sea
China doesnt hv to quit UNCLOS like Uncle. Chinese historical possession overrides the latter-day UNCLOS.

US is offering aid or in joint manoeuvre with PH as her proxy but wont be dragged into a direct confrontation with China. More vulnerable with land borders with China VN may be glad abt PH's quixotic provocations but would rather stand on the sidelines as PH also challenges VN's own SCS claim hugely.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think martian here is china lee replying to the comments section of the website.
Thanks,

Clark Kent turns out to be Superman! ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The reefs maybe uninhabited, but the underwater resources are lucrative.

China requires it.

Will the US be keen that China enhances its financial and economic clout?

That is the moot point, as I see it and not merely protecting allies.

Oblaks

China doesnt hv to quit UNCLOS like Uncle. Chinese historical possession overrides the latter-day UNCLOS.

US is offering aid or in joint manoeuvre with PH as her proxy but wont be dragged into a direct confrontation with China. More vulnerable with land borders with China VN may be glad abt PH's quixotic provocations but would rather stand on the sidelines as PH also challenges VN's own SCS claim hugely.

It is not new to anybody on this forum that the SCS is about overlapping claims. I can't grasp why you are still not over this in your posts. The more it shows that a multilateral forum is needed. The durable solution here is first to have a binding multilateral agreement on a code of conduct (something that China is wary of), while working on a final solution. The fact that China do not Agee to this means that it's interest is to maintain trouble in the area.

Oblaks

Ok then define what is the basis of the 9 dashed line. What does history have to do with the 9 dashed line.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles