PFA seizes meat supply in Lahore on 'pork' suspicion

Neo

@pmaitra,

Is it permissible to eat donkey meat?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is permissible to eat the meat of onagers (“wild donkeys”) and it is haraam to eat the meat of domesticated donkeys. The first is permitted because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (5492) and Muslim (1196) from Abu Qataadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who hunted an onager and brought a piece of it to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he ate some of it, and he said to his companions: “It is halaal, eat it.”

With regard to domesticated donkeys, their meat was permitted at first, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) declared it to be haraam on the day of Khaybar.

Al-Bukhaari (5520) narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: On the day of Khaybar, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the meat of domesticated donkeys, but he granted us a concession allowing us to eat the meat of horses.

Al-Bukhaari (5527) and Muslim (1936) narrated that Abu Tha’labah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the meat of domesticated donkeys.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Most of the scholars believe that the meat of domesticated donkeys is haraam. Ahmad said: Fifteen of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) regarded it as makrooh (in the sense of being haraam). Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said: There is no difference of opinion among the Muslims scholars today concerning the fact that it is haraam. End quote from al-Mughni (9/324).

And Allaah knows best.

pmaitra

@Neo, thank you for your post about donkey meat.

You have not answered the other question, and I request you to take on those uncomfortable questions. Why do the Saudis act like they are the supreme thekadars of Islam, and why do their soldiers act like a bunch of cat eaters? Why do they do it in another thakedar of Islam, i.e. Pakistan?

Whatever happened to religious piousness? Or is it all empty talk?

The following pictures were posted by a Pakistani member, so no malice there.

Survival training.

1 pic: Is a cat
2 pic: Raw meat - all of the cadets are Saudi Spec ops, on training in Pakistan.

Neo

There is a concept of galal and makruh.
In Islam, the word "makruh" is defined as anything that is inappropriate, distasteful or offensive. Although makruh actions are less severe than sins, or haram, it is highly recommended to avoid performing them.

What I have learned is that one should avoid eating when there's even a slightest doubt that the food may not be halal so it's a judgement call.

I have never heard nor seen a Saudi or any other Muslim catmeat. It may be a myth or true, I don't care. The actions of individuals do not speak for the entire nation. I wonder if you can buy catmeat in Jeddad, Dahran or Riad. I guess not.

Neo

It's ironic that Muslims never consider Saudis or any other country is the 'thekadar' of Islam. Saudia Arab has many historical places that are holy spots but so does Palestina, Syria and Iraq. Since Mecca and Medina remain the holiest among the Muslims they show respect for the country.
Saudis have tried to spread wahabism by buying or supporting a lot of regimes which may be considered as thekadari but again not to Muslims. It's all politics and has nothing to do with religion.

pmaitra

I have never heard nor seen a Saudi or any other Muslim catmeat. It may be a myth or true, I don't care. The actions of individuals do not speak for the entire nation. I wonder if you can buy catmeat in Jeddad, Dahran or Riad. I guess not.
You are not being very honest here, mate. You have seen Saudis eating cat meat. I have posted a picture originally posted by a Pakistani member.

Coming to dog meat, since Pakistan is a Chinese surrogate, one should given this issue a pass. Cat meat is already allowed, as those pictures prove.

I get your point. It is a judgment call for the individual. I also observed, this judgment call is actually bending the rules of Islam to suit one's interests.

For example, some time back in Pakistan, a Christian girl was accused of burning a Koran, and people were very upset and were violently protesting, but then it was found out that actually a mullah had burnt the Koran to pin blame on that girl because he wanted to appropriate that Christian family's property. Once the truth was out that the Koran was burnt by the mullah, every Pakistani protester became quiet and went back to doing their business.

Many members in DFI will ask you questions and they will make you uncomfortable, but you do see the logical fallacy in such things, just as logical fallacy is ubiquitous in so many things about Pakistan.

It's ironic that Muslims never consider Saudis or any other country is the 'thekadar' of Islam. Saudia Arab has many historical places that are holy spots but so does Palestina, Syria and Iraq. Since Mecca and Medina remain the holiest among the Muslims they show respect for the country.
Saudis have tried to spread wahabism by buying or supporting a lot of regimes which may be considered as thekadari but again not to Muslims. It's all politics and has nothing to do with religion.
The al-Saud family considers itself the supreme thakedaar of Islam. You can get it from umpteen sources.

Neo

I don't mind discussing religion if its done with mutual respect. It may be fun for some to raise sensitive questions but for a Muslim there's a limit to what should be absorbed and whether it is useful to continue discussion if the religion, religious icons and rituals get repeatedly insulted.

Saudis dobot generally eat cat meat if one or more individuals have done it openly, I am sure its an individual act and doesn't go for the entire nation.
Cow piss is allowed in Hinduism. Does every Hindu consume it? No!

Last edited:

pmaitra

I don't mind discussing religion if its done with mutual respect. It may be fun for some to raise sensitive questions but for a Muslim there's a limit to what should be absorbed and whether it is useful to continue discussion if the religion, religious icons and rituals get repeatedly insulted.

Saudis dobot generally eat cat meat if one or more individuals have done it openly, I am sure its an individual act and doesn't go for the entire nation.
Cow piss is allowed in Hinduism. Does every Hindu consume it? No!
I don't mind maintaining mutual respect as long as I see a logical discussion. Getting upset when not being able to explain something is something that does not fascinate me much. Sorry, but I am that kind of person. I have sparred with RSS nutjobs over the years in DFI, if you have followed me that long enough. I question everyone. Nothing in this world in unquestionable, not even this unproven concept of God or gods.

Reactions: Neo

Neo

Al-Saud family may act like the Thekadars of Islam, but are they accepted by the Ummah? Do you see their portraits hanging on the walls of a common Muslim family in anywhere?
Liberal Muslims loath Al-Saud family and the majority has no clue who they are.
It's all dirty politics, no country can be Thekadar of Islam.

Neo

@pmaitra, you are not the problem but it's the Thekadars of trolling who land in every single thread. Once they do, I am out of there.

DingDong

Country flag
Al-Saud family may act like the Thekadars of Islam, but are they accepted by the Ummah? Do you see their portraits hanging on the walls of a common Muslim family in anywhere?
Liberal Muslims loath Al-Saud family and the majority has no clue who they are.
It's all dirty politics, no country can be Thekadar of Islam.
On top of that Islam cannot be the Thekedar of Humanity and Civilizations, and a puny moon god cannot decide how a person must lead his/her life and what happens to a soul in afterlife if the person consumes meat of particular kind. A book written in medieval cannot become the source of all wisdom.

In India beef ban turned into an emotive issue and the Right Wing governments acted to ban beef production/consumption because Muslims associated "beef-eating" with their identity and used it as a tool to mock the majority population.

I have read this several times: There is nothing called "liberal" Muslim, you are either a Muslim or you are not.

Liberal Muslim is hogwash, a dangerous lie.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Just chanced upon this video from Pakistan where Dog meat mafia was caught by AbbTak Paki channel(AajTak copy cat Paki version)

Seems like this Dog/Cat/Donkey etc Meat mafia is strong and difficult to control and often Pakis end up eating it thinking Goat meat.

Blackwater

Just chanced upon this video from Pakistan where Dog meat mafia was caught by AbbTak Paki channel(AajTak copy cat Paki version)

Seems like this Dog/Cat/Donkey etc Meat mafia is strong and difficult to control and often Pakis end up eating it thinking Goat meat.

pakistan a true muslim nation:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

blueblood

Even you don't believe this BS. Saudis are infact the "thakedars of Islam" and pretty much every "Islamic" country agree with this bar a few like Iran, Turkey and few others. The only "peer" KSA has is Iran.

In recent decades, Muslims around the world have given undue importance to Saudis under the patronage of the West and its media and have paid dearly for it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles