Petrol Price Hiked Yet Again

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
but when Govt increases taxes in response to lowered prices and doesn't remove them in response to increased prices it makes de-regulated prices a joke. Agreed ?
You have a valid point. Would have agreed with you regarding reduction of tax if there is high inflation. My point for not reducing the excise duty is : Private investment is not going to come in infra (for next 1 year at least) because companies being in debt and high interest rate. So govt have to make funds available, which they did by allocating around 1 lakh crore for highway and railways.

No. Keep duties on oil and gas fixed.
Agree. But I guess this not going to happen till we have high fiscal deficit.

Remove funds from NREGA, Insurance, Jan Dhan Yojana and other nonsense. Empower ministries.
Agree with NREGA. Disagree with Insurance and PMJDY.
Yes, ministries should be empowered and I have high hopes from 4 ministers (defense, transport, railways and power). Let’s see.

Indian State as envisaged by Modi seeks to do everything, which is stupid. India is a nation of a billion and a quarter. State doesn't have the resources to do shyt.
I guess he is trying to provide more funds to states. Agreed to all the recommendation of 14th finance commission, revenue from auction of coal and other minerals now goes to states etc. There is a substantial increase in funds for railways to different states, for my state its highest ever in history of India from around 800 crore to more than 3000 crore.

Kejriwal is a glorified municipality chairman tasked with running a very small very rich city. It is stupid to compare both, even if for the sake of flaming.
Nope, do not want to compare a state government with limited power with central government. Just mention him as a passing remark while responding to a member.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Btw, @Singh how much is the central tax right now?

Last time I remember they increased it by Rs 2-3 due to low prices.

pmaitra

remember what ever modi does is a master stroke. don't think just simply believe that it is a masterstroke.
I do not think people ever elected modi on economic issues, infact nobody even asked about his economic policies. his policy was "INDIA FIRST". now what ever that means. ?

he is doing one master strokes after other, I have stopped counting his masterstrokes.
Yeah, I remember that.

Seen it all over comment sections of news articles.

Shirman

Country flag
I think if Modi govt passes G.S.T and land reforms bill it will be more than good to boost the economy for now on the other hand i would like to say to @Singh Paaji that it is not Gujju Modi but economy is run by Panju Sardar Arun Jaitley

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think if Modi govt passes G.S.T and land reforms bill it will be more than good to boost the economy for now on the other hand i would like to say to @Singh Paaji that it is not Gujju Modi but economy is run by Panju Sardar Arun Jaitley
GST minus CST will be a great bill.
Land bill not so sure.

AJ the Brahmin from Lahore has to run Economy because Modi running away from India all the time. :p

Shirman

Country flag
Modi is not running away abroad but doing “ Ghus ke Dhando” in Gujrati which i am sure your Dilliwalas North Indians won’t easily understand the concept. Anyways i will give Modi heck even Sada Manmohan Paaji a thums up over Kejriwal given what a disaster he has been.......Regarding Modi and Arun Jai Italy thats one thing i hate about him ie he is over relying on him.. In other worlds i agree with Arun Shorey hope modi don’t blindly trusts on Jaitley...We don’t want Modi doing Vajpayee like mistakes do we....

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Modi is not running away abroad but doing “ Ghus ke Dhando” in Gujrati which i am sure your Dilliwalas North Indians won’t easily understand the concept. Anyways i will give Modi heck even Sada Manmohan Paaji a thums up over Kejriwal given what a disaster he has been.......Regarding Modi and Arun Jai Italy thats one thing i hate about him ie he is over relying on him.. In other worlds i agree with Arun Shorey hope modi don’t blindly trusts on Jaitley...We don’t want Modi doing Vajpayee like mistakes do we....
Kejriwal has been the biggest disaster if you live outside Delhi.

Absolute nonsense re:Jaitley. This is Modi sarkar.

No files or ministry moves without his consent. If you think AJ has any independence then you are mistaken.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You have a valid point. Would have agreed with you regarding reduction of tax if there is high inflation. My point for not reducing the excise duty is : Private investment is not going to come in infra (for next 1 year at least) because companies being in debt and high interest rate. So govt have to make funds available, which they did by allocating around 1 lakh crore for highway and railways.

Agree. But I guess this not going to happen till we have high fiscal deficit.

Agree with NREGA. Disagree with Insurance and PMJDY.
Yes, ministries should be empowered and I have high hopes from 4 ministers (defense, transport, railways and power). Let’s see.

I guess he is trying to provide more funds to states. Agreed to all the recommendation of 14th finance commission, revenue from auction of coal and other minerals now goes to states etc. There is a substantial increase in funds for railways to different states, for my state its highest ever in history of India from around 800 crore to more than 3000 crore.

Nope, do not want to compare a state government with limited power with central government. Just mention him as a passing remark while responding to a member.
Few issues :

1. Having a fixed tax value say 25 Rs per litre would be better for the govt and consumers. This has a huge gdp multiplier effect so variance has to be kept low.

2. NREGA, Jan Dhan, Insurance are all social security schemes which no Indian Govt can afford. India has a population of 1.2 billion and economy of 2 trillion. For a state with just ~2000$ per capita gdp, offering free food, education, employment, insurance, healthcare is stupid. It'll fail. Its a huge waste.

You just talked about high interest rate, inflation, fiscal deficit and shortage of money.
Why would you then continue with such stupid schemes ? And on top of that bring in more such schemes ?

3. Re: State and Centre finances, it all depends on how GST is implemented.

4. Re: Infrastructure. So far there has been scant movement on infrastructure. If you believe the insiders its because of 3 reasons
a. Less money
b. No minister wants to take action unilaterally lest he err and Modi chastise him. Something like what plagues are babudom
c. Without Modi's nod nothing moves in the Govt. And he is half the time out of the country.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Few issues :

Having a fixed tax value say 25 Rs per litre would be better for the govt and consumers. This has a huge gdp multiplier effect so variance has to be kept low.
I have a different take on it. Modi inherited an economy with high fiscal deficit. He also set a target of 4.1% (betters it by achieving 4%). The tax on petroleum product was a good contributor. Low international price helped him in levying extra tax. This time he increased allocation for highways by 40,000 crore. So I do not mind the tax remain as it is.

NREGA, Jan Dhan, Insurance are all social security schemes which no Indian Govt can afford. India has a population of 1.2 billion and economy of 2 trillion. For a state with just ~2000$ per capita gdp, offering free food, education, employment, insurance, healthcare is stupid. It'll fail. Its a huge waste.
As I said I agree with NREGA but have a different take on Jan Dhan and insurance. The success of DBT in case of LPG was a great success only because of Jan Dhan. I hope in future many more schemes would be brought under DBT. There is a huge population in India who still live in awful conditions. So government has to provide them some relief till our per capita income grows.

You just talked about high interest rate, inflation, fiscal deficit and shortage of money.
Why would you then continue with such stupid schemes ? And on top of that bring in more such schemes ?
You are right. I would like government to stop many such schemes and invest that money in infra. But the reality is we are a low income group country and government has to provide some relief to weaker sections.

3. Re: State and Centre finances, it all depends on how GST is implemented.

4. Re: Infrastructure. So far there has been scant movement on infrastructure. If you believe the insiders its because of 3 reasons

a. Less money

b. No minister wants to take action unilaterally lest he err and Modi chastise him. Something like what plagues are babudom

c. Without Modi's nod nothing moves in the Govt. And he is half the time out of the country.

3. Re: As per 14th finance commission GoI already agreed to distribute 42% to states. Auctions of mines will give more money to mineral rich states most of which have a poor HDI. Yes, GST is the key.

4. I do not have inside information. I go by what replies given by ministers in floor of parliament. So as per Gadkari, the average road construction is more than 7km/day (March figures). UPA had an average of 2km/day during their tenure. Last, I heard Gadkari, its now 12Km/day and he is planning to give contract for 10,000 km this year. So Lets see.

Regarding half a time out of Country: - In their first year Modi was out for 51 days and visited 17 countries and MMS was out for 47 days and visited 12 countries. I guess Modi is also the first prime minister who spent highest number of hours in PMO during his 1 year tenure. Anyway, PM touring is not a problem for me at least what I read is he do follow up when he is on tour.

Blackwater

In UK iam paying equivalent to 130 rupees per litre . U people are still lucky

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles