Peter Fuller Fired: Senior U.S. Officer In Afghanistan Relieved From Duty

JayATL

Yes you where happy till the terrorists were killing us and not attacking west. Thinking that you are too smart and get rid of terrorism by just paying some money, as you are sitting thousands of miles away.
:rofl: are you for real? ... yes! why stop there? US was covertly sending CIA / Mossad/ Mi6 to kill indians too :rofl:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Would you like India to kick Paki ass in response to a terror attack ?
My question was who invited US to free Afghans? As you are stating that US came came to free Afghans

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Freeing of Afghanistan was inevitable once the terrorist struck the US and they replied in kind. Who invited India to be part of Northern Alliance?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ok let's knock it off boys. Let there be civility and seriousness in the thread.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
yes - its best I can do to entertain myself from your absurdity... LOL ( have you thought about buying up Indian version of r.u.pe.e news?)
Huh you are absurdly running away from the truth, that you are supporting the root cause of terrorism in this world (pakis). You are fighting the wrong enemy. These are the ones created and supported by you only. You were happy till there energy was concentrated else where. It is as simple as that

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Freeing of Afghanistan was inevitable once the terrorist struck the US and they replied in kind. Who invited India to be part of Northern Alliance?
Indian and Afghans has relations from beginning. Who is Taliban? A re branded Mujahidin right or wrong? Who was supporting the mujahidin? Who was supporting Taliban? Who is still supporting Taliban?

Plain and simple, US is fighting the wrong enemy

JayATL

Huh you are absurdly running away from the truth, that you are supporting the root cause of terrorism in this world (pakis). You are fighting the wrong enemy. These are the ones created and supported by you only. You were happy till there energy was concentrated else where. It is as simple as that
Yeah! man I feel you bro. Damn- raymond davis- he was sent to pakistan to pay terrorists! Damn CIA ... then they actually help with 26/11 intelligence---- like like to dupe indians. Dammit... I need a drink brb

Yusuf, I'm sorry he is cracking me up dude. :D i wont reply to him anymore ROFL pinky swear :p

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Yeah! man I feel you bro. Damn- raymond davis- he was sent to pakistan to pay terrorists! Damn CIA ... then they actually help with 26/11 intelligence---- like like to dupe indians. Dammit... I need a drink brb

Yusuf, I'm sorry he is cracking me up dude. :D i wont reply to him anymore ROFL pinky swear :p
What nonsense, just take one name raymond davis, and forget the billions of money pumped to pakis. Forget the weapons supplied to the pakis.This is absurdity of the highest degree. No wonder you are getting shafted in Afghanistan, and no Afghanistan have no reason to be thankful to US. You have targeted the wrong country, and supporting the one who is killing your soldiers.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Indian and Afghans has relations from beginning. Who is Taliban? A re branded Mujahidin right or wrong? Who was supporting the mujahidin? Who was supporting Taliban? Who is still supporting Taliban?

Plain and simple, US is fighting the wrong enemy
US is fighting in the wrong country. The terrorists are the same.

I don't think we can hold the present and the future hostage to the past.
Current realities have to be death with.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
US is fighting in the wrong country. The terrorists are the same.

I don't think we can hold the present and the future hostage to the past.
Current realities have to be death with.
The current reality is still billions are given to the state which is supporting Taliban, or other similar organizations. Until support to terrorist supporting state is off, no real progress can be made.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The current reality is still billions are given to the state which is supporting Taliban, or other similar organizations. Until support to terrorist supporting state is off, no real progress can be made.
That there is no doubt about. But the fact still is that Astan is a better place now. The women there have been recently surveyed and they have been better off including getting education.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@ JayATL and nitesh

The topic has been sufficiently diverted and derailed.

For India Afghanistan is a neighbouring country and affects her Core interest.

For USA and their world view every country in the world is their neighbors and whatever happens in any country effects their Core interests. That world view has not changed so far. It will take time.

To create, use and throw away an asset (read terrorists) is Amirkhan's way of doing business as they can manage things that way. To extract things out of Amirkhans even at the expense of making a bloody fool of them is Pakistan's necessity and compulsion since they have lent their backside. They were clever to create a fundamentalist monster while helping USA. That monster did bite Amirkhans. That is intolerable to Amirkhans if they need to remain Amirs.

The question here remains, is it the business of that Amirkhan General to conduct diplomacy and foreign relations or conduct the operations successfully. If he felt that Karzai's derogatory remarks impinged on military operations, why did he not resign or followed the channel. He is not Governor General of a colony called Afghanistan.

Amirkhans follow the Roman or Mogul model of keeping themselves Amirs, that is, governance of foreign territories through convergence of the Amirkhans interests with those of friendly elites. So how can Amirkhan let down their friend (or puppet if you may call) down.

No, sacrifice a US general. There is no dearth of them. Kayani, Mush, Karzaia etc for Amirkhan are national interest assets.

Simple. Every thing will be done to remain Amir !

pmaitra

Wrong country or right country?

Well, these Mujahideen go back and forth across the border, so neither Afghanistan or Pakistan are wrong countries, IMHO.

However, the Afghan Government is clean and sincere against the terrorists, while Pakistani Government is supporting them. So, yes, from that point of view, Afghanistan is the wrong country. Karzai has a point when he says that the US should take the war to Pakistan. Let's nip the trouble in the bud. However, from a different angle, the US will still need to keep their bases in Afghanistan.

It would be nice if the US stayed in Afghanistan and carried on and intensified drone attacks inside Pakistan. At least the poor Afghan villagers will not be killed as collateral damage.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Well bhadra, I was just pointing out that US general was saying wrong. There is no reasons for afghans to be grateful to US. US came uninvited.

JayATL

@ JayATL and nitesh

The topic has been sufficiently diverted and derailed.

For India Afghanistan is a neighbouring country and affects her Core interest.

For USA and their world view every country in the world is their neighbors and whatever happens in any country effects their Core interests. That world view has not changed so far. It will take time.

To create, use and throw away an asset (read terrorists) is Amirkhan's way of doing business as they can manage things that way. To extract things out of Amirkhans even at the expense of making a bloody fool of them is Pakistan's necessity and compulsion since they have lent their backside. They were clever to create a fundamentalist monster while helping USA. That monster did bite Amirkhans. That is intolerable to Amirkhans if they need to remain Amirs.

The question here remains, is it the business of that Amirkhan General to conduct diplomacy and foreign relations or conduct the operations successfully. If he felt that Karzai's derogatory remarks impinged on military operations, why did he not resign or followed the channel. He is not Governor General of a colony called Afghanistan.

Amirkhans follow the Roman or Mogul model of keeping themselves Amirs, that is, governance of foreign territories through convergence of the Amirkhans interests with those of friendly elites. So how can Amirkhan let down their friend (or puppet if you may call) down.

No, sacrifice a US general. There is no dearth of them. Kayani, Mush, Karzaia etc for Amirkhan are national interest assets.

Simple. Every thing will be done to remain Amir !

can I say I liked reading your thoughts as posted but this " Amirkhan" word, was a distraction from what was a well thought opinion ( I did not say I agreed with it all :))

every everytime i came across that word, my eyes stopped and I strained to read it and thought to myself " what is that, what is he trying to say?"

I do have one portion I did not quite follow you- if you could clarify your intent

Amirkhans follow the Roman or Mogul model of keeping themselves Amirs, that is, governance of foreign territories through convergence of the Amirkhans interests with those of friendly elites.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
That there is no doubt about. But the fact still is that Astan is a better place now. The women there have been recently surveyed and they have been better off including getting education.
Yusuf, you are pointing towards some gain, which is done with the help of our money. We are involved in rebuilding Afghanistan from a long time. In fact the situation is much more critical, with all sort of money and arms provided to the real terrorists

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
can I say I liked reading your thoughts as posted but this " Amirkhan" word, was a distraction from what was a well thought opinion ( I did not say I agreed with it all :))

every everytime i came across that word, my eyes stopped and I strained to read it and thought to myself " what is that, what is he trying to say?"

I do have one portion I did not quite follow you- if you could clarify your intent
It appears you are not an Indian or North Indian.

Amir = Rich
Khan = a leader or general or chief.

Amirkhan sounds like American and also coveys suitably the bevaviour pattern of arrogant rich khans.

Second point, about Roman or Mogul philosophy. USA in order to reatin their wold leadership seek complemanrity of interests with the ruling elites of a country rather than with the poeple. Though the later is also not ignored. That is what they follow in entire Africa, Arab world and everywhere where they people's power is weak. They control the country through control over key clans and key elites as opposed to British colonialism of holding countries. That is somewhat akin to Roman or Mogul model. That thinking also results in their capabilities of enforcing preservance of regimes or regime changes. Well that is what they have been doing. That is why masses generally are against them. However, they pay attention to controlling the masses, means and opinion wherever required.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
While it is true that the US has behaved like a prick w.r.t. India in the 1990s, if we are clever, we should extract the benefits of what the US can provide us today, in addition to all other nations worldwide. Let us work for our interests.

And FYI, our American Desi needs to be reminded that it was "Uncle Sam" who refused India any space in Afghanistan, at Musharraf's bidding, early last decade.

JayATL

It appears you are not an Indian or North Indian.

Amir = Rich
Khan = a leader or general or chief.

Amirkhan sounds like American and also coveys suitably the bevaviour pattern of arrogant rich khans.

Second point, about Roman or Mogul philosophy. USA in order to reatin their wold leadership seek complemanrity of interests with the ruling elites of a country rather than with the poeple. Though the later is also not ignored. That is what they follow in entire Africa, Arab world and everywhere where they people's power is weak. They control the country through control over key clans and key elites as opposed to British colonialism of holding countries. That is somewhat akin to Roman or Mogul model. That thinking also results in their capabilities of enforcing preservance of regimes or regime changes. Well that is what they have been doing. That is why masses generally are against them. However, they pay attention to controlling the masses, means and opinion wherever required.
I am Indian by birth but not familiar w/ the latest colloquialism in India :)

Re: The second paragraph-

Does not every country to country relationship not depend on direct contact with "ruling class"? how else do you formulate an official partnership? and how do also explain the US support of the Arab spring?

ruling elites in Egypt were extremely pro US
ruling elites in Libya made amends with US. They were handing off terrorists, intelligence to the US. Gadhafi's son had several new, extremely lucrative trade deals almost in place for the US. OIL was being shipped to the US.
ruling elites in Yemen were hands down pro America and extremely vital in the WOT there

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles