Pervez Musharraf announces that he will return to Pakistan

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Musharraf seeks alliance with Imran Khan, Qadri

Dubai: Former president of Pakistan General (retd.) Pervez Musharraf has hinted at a political alliance with Imran Khan's Tehreek-e-Insaf and Dr Tahirul Qadri's Pakistan Awami Tehreek parties to create a third force in the forthcoming elections.

"I am going back to Pakistan to provide a third option to Pakistani electorate and to reverse the economic situation, and improve the law and order situation in the country," Musharraf told a crowded press conference yesterday to announce his return from self-imposed exile. However, the journalists were disappointed as he did not give any specific date, but hinted at returning one week after a caretaker government is formed in Pakistan.

The five-year-tenure of the PPP-led (Pakistan People's Party) coalition government will end on March 16. "The General is considering flying back in the third week of March and most probably on March 23 [Pakistan Day] if a caretaker is formed on time," a close aide of Musharraf told Gulf News.

Musharraf had previously vowed to end his self-imposed exile on January 31 last year to revive his political career, but he postponed his plan after the government threatened to arrest him upon his arrival. His close associates in the Pakistan army also advised him to stay away from the country then.
Musharraf is facing series of arrests warrants, namely for ordering military operation against Balochistan leader Nawab Akbar Bugti; lapse of security to former prime minister Benazir Bhutto before her assassination; and his role in the military operation at the Lal Mosque in Islamabad.

"I am ready to face the court and I don't see any reason for my arrest on arrival," said a confident Musharraf, who launched his political party - All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) in October 2011. "The aim of the APML is to give the people of Pakistan a third option in the general elections," he said. The former military ruler, who ruled the country from 1999 to 2008, asserted that the next elections should be held under the supervision of army to ensure its transparency.

When asked whether he would have enough time to prepare for elections, Musharraf said: "A couple of big public meetings are enough to build the momentum for the elections and the people are already prepared back home [for a change]." He said he and his allies would emerge victorious in the election.

Musharraf is relying on new faces in the APML as many senior leaders his party have left. Members like Ahmad Raza Kasuri and Major General (retd.) Rashid Qureshi are still holding the fort for him.

"Today's Pakistan is in danger... if immediate steps are not taken to address the grievances of the people. Disappointment and uncertainty amongst the people is increasing due to deteriorating economic, law and order situation – thus leading to mass exodus to foreign countries," he said.
Former president of Pakistan Musharraf to create third force | GulfNews.com

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Everyone makes jokes about Musharraf but he has a track record of playing big games with big powers and still he gets away with it, including a huge scandal like hiding Osama. He must be very smart.
And he could still have significant influence in Pakistan army. Let's not forget Kayani was hand picked by him and he is still COAS. Who knows, Musharraf still might be influencing decisions behind the screen.

One more thing, why is it that everyone simply seems to ignore that when Americans invaded and the Taliban along with Osama disappeared inside Pakistan, Musharraf was dictator of Pakistan, and then all the years Osama stayed comfortably in military town, KAYANI was the ISI chief who later became army chief (selected by Musharraf). Why no one ever points finger at Kayani, the ex ISI chief.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The best and only option for Pakistan president seat is Musharaf

we need him in politics again

This govt will retire on 16th march and onwards than he can get back to pakistan

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Just a month back you were saying that the best and only option for Pakistan is IK! :shocked:

Just how frequently does your loyalty waver? :frusty:

This govt will retire on 16th march and onwards than he can get back to pakistan

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Just a month back you were saying that the best and only option for Pakistan is IK! :shocked:

Just how frequently does your loyalty waver? :frusty:
IK is the best option because he has the potential while musharaf not

IK being PM while musharaf being the president has always been my top fav choice..

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned

Good for India , If mush becomes President then he will sell PAK even more then he did in early 2000's in the name of War on Terror

India still suffers for blonder decisions by Nehru & Mushraff is Pakistan version of Nehru :hail:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Good for India , If mush becomes President then he will sell PAK even more then he did in early 2000's in the name of War on Terror

India still suffers for blonder decisions by Nehru & Mushraff is Pakistan version of Nehru :hail:
i beg to differ musharaf from nehru or any indian

Blackwater

sometime back u told president power will be abolish in pakistan:confused::confused::confused:

Blackwater

IK is the best option because he has the potential while musharaf not

IK being PM while musharaf being the president has always been my top fav choice..

only in dreams

IK will never join mussy or work with mussy

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
i beg to differ again from begging and dande k zorr parr
Ok i agree Dande ki zorr parr in 1965,1971, 1984 (Siachen) & 1999 , Thanks for reminding:thumb:

Dande ki zorr par Radio pakistan delhi :hail:

Last edited by a moderator:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Ok i agree Dande ki zorr parr in 1965,1971, 1984 (Siachen) & 1999 , Thanks for reminding:thumb:

Dande ki zorr par Radio pakistan delhi :hail:

How dare you question the wars? Didn't you know, they won in 1948, when they stopped looting, murdering Indian army in Kashmir, and freed up Azad Kashmir.

They whipped India in 1965, when they defended Lahore from the baniya infidel Hindu army. The conflict was instigated by India, because we wanted Kashmir. Tell me you didn't know that?

In 1971, they created a new country, East Pakistan, freeing it from the brutality of the genocidal Cow loving Hindus.

In 1984, they captured Siachin from the puny IA, trashing the boys with broom sticks.

And how can you forget 1999, they defeated the cowardly vegetarian Indian army, but retreated because of Nawaz Sahrrif's treachery.

How could you forget these?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
How dare you question the wars? Didn't you know, they won in 1948, when they stopped looting, murdering Indian army in Kashmir, and freed up Jammu and Kashmir.

They whipped India in 1965, when they defended Lahore from the baniya infidel Hindu army. The conflict was instigated by India, because we wanted Kashmir. Tell me you didn't know that?

In 1971, they created a new country, East Pakistan, freeing it from the brutality of the genocidal Cow loving Hindus.

In 1984, they captured Siachin from the puny IA, trashing the boys with broom sticks.

And how can you forget 1999, they defeated the cowardly vegetarian Indian army, but retreated because of Nawaz Sahrrif's treachery.

How could you forget these?
My sincere applologies , thanks for reminding the truth ;) :hail:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Musharraf to 'return on 17th'

LAHORE – Close aides of Pervez Musharraf deciding a surprise landing by the former strongman on March 17, have also managed a 'green signal' from a powerful establishment quarter regarding his safe return, TheNation has learnt.

Pervez Musharraf who founded All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) to launch his political career sometime ago had also made a similar announcement for his return in January, 2012, however deferred his plan after not getting assurances from the powerful quarters at home and international power players.

Though, it is difficult even for the close associates of Musharraf to predict the exact role of their boss in the politics of the country, yet they have got assurance from the meaningful forces that he would be given due opportunity to launch himself during the interim setup.

Close aides of the former president, talking to this correspondent on Tuesday, claimed that APML chief was most likely to make a surprise landing on March 17 at Karachi, the day caretaker setup expected to be announced after the completion of the term of the incumbent government on March 16.

Blackwater

mussy the commando ,if come to pak land, will only come after assurance from saudi and ameerika.

other wise

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mushy should be directly declared the president of pakistan for the next 2-3 decades

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles