Persian, Urdu, English or Arabic language in Pakistan?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
But pakistanis wont know indian id better than indians no matter how educated they are.
Because id is not about education.

But i guess indians know pak id better than pakistanis.
It must be your new high tech spy satellites that you are using looking into the minds of pakistanis. :)
We can read Pakistani writers on internet. That doesn't need our high tech satellites.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Identity could be defined as the distinctive characteristics of an individual, group or a Nation and for a Nation it is essential to maintain such an unique amalgam of social, economic, cultural, linguist distinctiveness for survival as an entity.

Pakistan identity emerged post partition, notwithstanding the claims that it was manifest when the Arab and other motley hordes descended to loot, plunder and rape India. To be fair, it was then but independent Kingdoms and not the political India of pre and post partition. Pre partition there was India. However, pre partition there was no entity called Pakistan, notwithstanding any desperate attempts to re-tool history to ‘discover’ a unique and singular identity called Pakistani!

One can even concede that with the marauding Arab and other hordes descending on lands known today as India and Pakistan, while no Pakistani identity emerged, there sure was an emerging Muslim identity, with conversions, willing, unwilling or coerced. But then Muslim identity is not Pakistani identity.

Identity crisis manifests itself when one’s ideological basis and prevailing circumstances contradict in such a way that the prevailing circumstances dominate the ideological basis. Indeed if the Pakistanis conjure that the Mughals are their ancestors and affiliate themselves to such a start of their heritage, it equate to the comfort-loving attitude of the rulers, bloodsheds for the throne, abandoned faith, mismanagement of domestic economic and political matters, absence of updated foreign developments and other moral, ethical and social weaknesses. It may be true since that is what still is evident in what is Pakistan!

Then came the identity crisis of Islamic sect. Was Pakistan Sunni or Shia or both?

This phase of identity crisis began very after the inception of Pakistan. The Shia/Sunni crisis at the time of partition was the first of all. However, the Shia Quaid-e-Azam realising the folly organised so as to have it bury the hatchet at that time but later on it burst up from different grounds.

Chronologically the second case of identity crisis was the crisis of East and West Pakistan. Population wise East Pakistan was more than the total population of the four provinces of West Pakistan and when the attempt was made to impinge on the Bengali identity, which all Bengalis irrespective of religion, fondly cherish, another crisis in identity emerged! Bengalis, being so fiercely close to their unique cultural identity, could not allow it to be trampled upon, including the temerity to deny Mujibur, who won fair and square, the Premiership of Pakistan! It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back {pun not intended)! Bengali identity surfaced triumphant with the creation of Bangladesh.

A nation’s identity manifests itself in the Constitution. It gives the ‘character’ of how the Nation will be. Constitution is the base of any new born state but in case of Pakistan this base couldn’t be established even after about a decade of the inception of Pakistan. So when there was no base for people, the process of identity development started very late. The Delayed constitutional development, unstable political conditions (due to personal likes and dislikes and lust of power), Social injustice and negative image of Pakistan on international screen. Then the termination of the 1956 and 1962 Constitutions added to the confusion in the quest for national identity!

The social injustice rampant in Pakistan also played a part in the crisis of national identity. At the time of Partition, the migration of population gave the opportunity to some people to attain the acquisition of these massive properties and allowed many to usurp property and enslave others to become ‘jagirdars’ etc. Hence, feudalism became the national identity forgetting the ideological agenda that created Pakistan!

Slowly and steadily Pakistan sunk into the morass of that feudalism generates - corruption, national disharmony, rigid attitudes, misconceptions about the religion (partly the role played by ‘mullas’), blind practices on unnecessary customs and a list of moral dilemmas. The identity crisis after the partition threw Pakistan in an ignominious status both at domestic and at international arena. Domestically she couldn’t achieve the social status which she dreamt during the Pakistan movement. Economically Pakistan stood at the back end of the global economic stage. And above all she was looked upon as a ‘terrorist state’ due to some groups that were spawned as ‘strategic assent’. Even though some of them really didn’t have the basic knowledge of their ideological agenda!

One could go on, but time and space constraints dictate.

Cut to the present time.

Pakistan, a proud people otherwise, is unfortunately is in a total disarray about their national identity and national aspirations. Economically bankrupt and foisted with IMF and WB money and US munificence, Pakistan finds herself between the Devil and the Deep Sea. This unfortunate economic state of affairs, forced Pakistan to eat humble pie and they embarked on the unbelievable! Pakistan willingly allowed Muslims to kill Muslim i.e. their ‘strategic assets’!! Muslims are not supposed to kill their brother Muslims!! Such is the unfortunate situation in Pakistan.

The Balochis, Shias of Northern Area, Pashtuns, the Mohajirs and the Sindhis all have underground movements that delink themselves.

Therefore, it would be obtuse to feel that there is no Identity crisis!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes it was our land .
Sorry to break this news to you.

WE ARE NOT ARABS . WE ARE NOT ARABS . WE ARE NOT ARABS
END OF STORY
What are you then?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Paksitan'sIdeological Blowback

Also nothing could be more telling of a Identity crisis than language.

Urdu was not the language of West Pakistan or East Pakistan, but that of the Mohajirs, that too from UP and not Punjab or elsewhere!

Extraordinary!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Urdu was not the language of West Pakistan or East Pakistan, but that of the Mohajirs, that too from UP and not Punjab or elsewhere!

Extraordinary. Clever way the Mohajirs ensured their supremacy even though they were a minority!!

Fighter

Extraordinary!
English is not the language of india.
Still you use it.
Its the same with us.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are then a numerous number of Sayyids (descendants of Muhammad) in Pakistan, who are yet another clear example of Pakistanis with Arabic heritage. Some of these sayyids first migrated to Bukhara and then to the South Asia. Others reportedly settled in Sindh to protect their lives against the atrocities of the Omayya and Abbasi caliphs of Arabia. The Sayyid people of Pakistan are figured as one of the most prominent and well-established people of the country, with a number of them having become popular and well-known religious icons, political leaders and professionals.

A large of Pakistanis belong to the various Shaikh communities, some of whom claim Arab ancestry. The Quraishi, Chishti, Ansari, Osmani , Siddiqui and Farooqi all claim Arab ancestry.

Wapedia - Wiki: Arabs in Pakistan
I have serious doubt.

My butcher also adds Sheik to his name!

In fact, any old chap here in India who is a Muslim adds Sheik or Sayyad! Ridiculous!

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Of course you can. And they are the dictators of our id. Come on.
They are your opinion leaders. Some of the most articulate and knowledgeable Pakistanis.

When they write about Pakistan, there could be some substance to it, don't you think?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
English is not the language of india.
Still you use it.
Its the same with us.
It is so unfortunate that you comment without having a modicum of knowledge.

The official language of the Republic of India is Hindi. Article 343(1)states "The Official Language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script." And that English could be also used for official purposes

English is an officially recognised language as other regional languages. The Christian north east states have English as their language.

Educate yourself.

As far as English in Pakistan is concerned, must we discuss that? Just go to the forums and observe!

Fighter

They are your opinion leaders. Some of the most articulate and knowledgeable Pakistanis.

When they write about Pakistan, there could be some substance to it, don't you think?
No because when it come to talks about id its not the decision of writers.
And you dont need education.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGES ACT, 1963
(AS AMENDED, 1967)
(Act No. 19 of 1963)

3. Continuation of English Language for official purposes of the Union and for use in Parliament-

(1) Nothwithstanding the expiration of the period of fifteen years from the commencement of the Constitution, the English language may, as from the appointed day, continue to be used in addition to Hindi,

1. for all the official purposes of the Union for which it was being used immediately before that day; and
2. for the transaction of business in Parliament:

Provided that the English language shall be used for purposes of communication between the Union and a State which has not adopted Hindi as its Official Language:

Language in India
Anything like that in Pakistan?

Pakistan's official language is Urdu, which is not the language of the majority, but the minority Mohajirs, that too, from UP!!!!

Hindi is India's national language and it is spoken by the majority!

Let's not flog a dead horse and which you have nothing to prove!

Fighter

It is so unfortunate that you comment without having a modicum of knowledge.

The official language of the Republic of India is Hindi. Article 343(1)states "The Official Language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script." And that English could be also used for official purposes

English is an officially recognised language as other regional languages. The Christian north east states have English as their language.

Educate yourself.

As far as English in Pakistan is concerned, must we discuss that? Just go to the forums and observe!
Then whats your problem with that.
We use urdu as you guys use hindi.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Then whats your problem with that.
We use urdu as you guys use hindi.
I have no problem at all.

Yes, we use Hindi as our national language and it was selected since the majority spoke it.

Urdu is a minority language of the Mohajirs and you use it!

That is the difference.

We believe in democracy and you believe in autocracy and dictatorial diktats!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'm a Punjabi Pakistani ....simple
No wonder you feel that other Pakistanis should salaam you!

Even that Mohajir Musharraf moved from Karachi to Punjab to improve his zaat!

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Mussalman,

It was never your land.

I will not get into the genetic issues since it will cause controversies, fuelled by day dreams and fudge.

The Mughals were never Pakistanis, if indeed you wish to allude to them as the Emperors of India. Babur was the descendant of Chegiz Khan and Timur Lame. And anyway Bombay was under the Marathas.

It is fashionable to claim Arabic descent, but then a DNA test is adequate to establish where exactly one is from and to which community one originally belonged to!
Never my land, I;m a Punjabi please explain where is my land then.
Mugals ??
Really is it fashionable in Pakistan to claim Arab descent :) LOL I live in Pakistan how come I don't know that. With all dude respect it is strange to equate us the Pakistanis (Punjabis Pushtuns Sindhs and Baluchis) with Muslims of UP/CP. I agree they have the tendency to call them self Pathan Syed etc major Pakistanis do not claim such thing

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
No because when it come to talks about id its not the decision of writers.
And you dont need education.
In fact you do. These issues are too subtle for the common folks. They can't really understand them very well but they do feel the impact of the crisis that they cause.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Never my land, I;m a Punjabi please explain where is my land then.
Mugals ??
Really is it fashionable in Pakistan to claim Arab descent :) LOL I live in Pakistan how come I don't know that. With all dude respect it is strange to equate us the Pakistanis (Punjabis Pushtuns Sindhs and Baluchis) with Muslims of UP/CP. I agree they have the tendency to call them self Pathan Syed etc major Pakistanis do not claim such thing
Please google and you will find your answer from Pakistan authors.

Now, if you want to be in a burqa like existence, who can stop you?

No the people of the area which is Pakistan dislike the Mohajir intensely since they are more educated, enlightened and clever. I agree on that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles