People 'somewhat disillusioned' with BJP, Advani says

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

NEW DELHI: BJP leader LK Advani has admitted that people are "somewhat disillusioned" with his party, about which he feels "distressed". He faulted the party's handling of Karnataka affairs in the wake of corruption allegations against the then CM BS Yeddyurappa in 2010, in a veiled criticism of Nitin Gadkari who was the party president at that time.

"In the last few years, I have been feeling distressed to find that while the current mood of the people is against the present ruling party, they are simultaneously disillusioned with even the BJP," Advani told Week magazine in an interview. Underlining that BJP is "expected to have zero tolerance towards corruption", the former deputy prime minister said, "The manner in which we actually wrangled in Karnataka disappointed me."

He did not elaborate, but was clearly referring to the dilly-dallying by the party high command on removing Yeddyurappa after the corruption allegations against him cropped up. Yeddyurappa, whose government was the first by BJP in any southern state, was finally forced to quit as chief minister months after the allegations against him surfaced.

Referring to the BJP conclave held here last week, Advani said he had "become very emotional" and was "sad" at the public disillusionment with his party. At the same time, the BJP veteran said he was "optimistic" about the party's future.

People 'somewhat disillusioned' with BJP, Advani says - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

3. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

old one want to pm , he should not talk too much he should care more his health ....

Let the modi, sushma, arun ,etc will be take the front seat...

Only modi is person who can change the game i am saying on my exp ..

Well he just want to show that he is in party

4. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

He is true. Karnataka was handled badly. Yedurappa should have been booted immediately.

5. StarShip Enterprise

StarShip Enterprise Regular Member

MORAL of the story : People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Black Cats likes this.
  6. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Karnataka was a complete disaster bcoz of only Advani and Sushma Swaraj. Advani protagee Anant Kumar created all the problems and bellary brothers who used to pay for Sushma's elections were found to be totally corrupt. If I have my way, I wud like to see Advani thrust into a sack with tons of stones and sunk in the Mariana trench. This guy is operating way way beyyond his expiry date.

WMD, VIP, parijataka and 1 other person like this.
  7. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Well why they wont be disillusioned with BJP . Why they don`t u and other of your age call the day and let younger leadership take the charge

WMD likes this.
  8. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

BJP has no national leader that will match Advani's stature. In fact he is the most experienced active politician in India right now. BJP has no replacement for him.

parijataka likes this.