Pentagon Reveals US Special Forces in india

pankaj nema

Country flag
One day I will post the whole story of Abbotabad raid once somekind of confirmation is released in media. Those guys never came from Afgan. They went from India and flew off to Afgan. PAF was not wrong in its first reaction to scramble jets towards Indian Border. What their radars did not pick up, was picked up by humint who heard the sound of these ac crossing over to Pakistan from India. There is no report of anykind of refueling having been done within Pakistan by the attacking force. Route from India is the only way that those forces wud not need refueling on way to Afgan after the raid.
Sir even if the US media does air such a story it would be promptly denied by the Pentagon and state department

The problem with such later day " spin offs " is that if one aspect of the story
is changed then the WHOLE operation becomes questionable

Now considering what you have just said ; what prevents the Al Qaeda
to say that Osama was already dead before the raid

Nothing short of a statement by the top level guys such Admiral Mc Raven the
Chief of US SEALs or the CIA chief of that time will be believed

It is quite a slippery slope which will land the US in a $hit pond

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
One day I will post the whole story of Abbotabad raid once somekind of confirmation is released in media. Those guys never came from Afgan. They went from India and flew off to Afgan. PAF was not wrong in its first reaction to scramble jets towards Indian Border. What their radars did not pick up, was picked up by humint who heard the sound of these ac crossing over to Pakistan from India. There is no report of anykind of refueling having been done within Pakistan by the attacking force. Route from India is the only way that those forces wud not need refueling on way to Afgan after the raid.
It would have resulted in war, why would we, spark war just because uncle want to take out OBL ? even uncle was not 100% sure of OBL in the compound.

Plus US has got base in Afghanistan from where they got regular flights into Pakistan.

Decklander

To all who questioned me. I maintain my story. I have not been proved wrong on this forum about such info or in anyother. The truth will come out someday. regarding war with Pakistan, They have more reasons to hide it from their population than what Indians have.

Decklander

02 May 2011 in Pakistan and India was a new moon date. Fighters based in Srinagar and Avantipur were doing night flying in dark night conditions which they always did. Pak radars were tilted upwards to track these fighters. below those radars flew the SEALS team six. Complete deception of Pak radars.

pankaj nema

Country flag
To all who questioned me. I maintain my story. I have not been proved wrong on this forum about such info or in anyother. The truth will come out someday. regarding war with Pakistan, They have more reasons to hide it from their population than what Indians have.
Sir

The Pakis have said the following things in their own explanation as why they
did not detect the US copters

1 They had kept their radars on the western front
switched OFF and this was regularly done to prolong the life of the radars

And Pakis also said that only the India front gets 24 hour radar coverage

2 Also the copters were using NOE ie Nap of the Earth techniques
and the helicopters were stealthy to begin with

3 Somebody informed the PA that some helicopters have landed at Abottabad
and that is when PAF was scrambled

Last edited:

Decklander

Can they accept that Choppers came from India? An Indian Chopper lost way and landed in POK undetected by PAF radars. They called it as having been forced down. Did it happen that way?
I still maintain my story.

Decklander

We have our RWR on the top of our Tail. How we defeat radar is like this. Once we have ping on RWR, we step down by 2k feet or the height at which we lose radar ping. The ht lost to lose the radar ping gives us the approx dist of radar from us using basic trigonometry equations. based on those calculations we start a step down descent to stay out of radar coverage till we reach the point wherein inspite of our low altitude we will still paint on enemy radar. At that point we start EW jamming. Now we reach a point where inspite of jamming, we will be shown to the radar. This is called the burnthru range.
We normally try to release our weapons before we reach the range wherein we have to use our jammers to hide ourselves. Use of Jammers gives out our presence but not the location and that alerts the enemy of an imminent attack.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
3 Somebody informed the PA that some helicopters have landed at Abottabad
and that is when PAF was scrambled
PAF got information from TV only then they got airborn. It was their on the Abottabad inquiry commission report.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Sir,what's your opinion on a possible joint operation by the U.S.S.O.C. and the Indian PARA(SF) in PoK in case of a hypothetical terrorist attack on the U.S. soil originating from this region?what i meant to say is that are we (both the U.S. and Indian armed forces) prepared as yet to go on a joint operation like the way your country did with the S.A.S. during the Gulf war if there is an attack committed by LeT or it's affiliated groups on U.S. mainland in the near future.
My opinion is not very informed, but recent US SOF operations in Libya and Somalia were in places where the local government forces would be ineffective in opposition. That may not be the case on PoK, and Obama may feel he is already pushing Pakistan enough with drone strikes. Also Iraq was an existing theater of war. I do not not see your scenario having a high probability, but it may be at least one for a joint exercise.

Compersion

Country flag
Mentorship(s) can be a good thing. Developing common understanding and realisation of compatible beliefs is a another.

blueblood

Few points.

1) It's not a big deal. Look at the the bigger picture. US is not invading us. There will be US spec ops in India whether we want them or not. Atleast this way we can monitor them.

2) Nothing new. US spec ops and CIA SAD trained Indian SF since the very beginning i.e. before the Paras were established as the "only" known SF in India. Mustang force and SFF were the primary SF before Paras, again trained by US. The infamous Tony Poe was one of it's earlier instructors.

3) Marcos as a unit was established with the help from US. Lt. Arvind Singh and Lt. Samsher Singh Deopa were the founding officers who aced BUDS course.

4) Indian SF though second to none don't have the technology close to US Spec ops which is primarily Army's fault.

5) It has nothing to do with shitty government. Armed forces are not egomaniac jerks who would miss the opportunity to learn. Simply not their style.

Immanuel

Country flag
Rangers, Delta, SF have different missions, which would be an entire separate thread, I think.
True,however if it finally comes to snatch & grab type objcetives, there would enough mission types to keep all the teams active. Pak has deployed its finest to secure its nukes, estimates are around 20K men to defend stratgic assets, anyone trying to break this defense would need many experts doing various tasks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles