PCB chief Ashraf proposes joint T20 Indo-Pak league

Blackwater

Imagine a joint India-Pakistan Twenty20 league , combining the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the upcoming tournament across the border. That is just what Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Muhammad Zaka Ashraf dreams about, as part of his "futuristic approach" towards bringing the countries closer through cricket.

A gung-ho Ashraf revealed his "far sightedness" a day after the Indian government cleared the Pakistani team's visit to India in December-January for a short series - the first one in five years.
Ashraf also said the PCB would soon invite Indian players for its own Twenty20 league that will be launched on March 25, a day after Pakistan's tour of South Africa ends.

"I have a futuristic approach and I see a joint India-Pakistan twenty20 league. If the two leagues are combined, it would be the biggest league in the world. Imagine what that league would do," Ashraf told Mail Today in an exclusive interview.
"I am talking about future. This is my far sightedness. First, the bilateral series should be revised, which is being done, and then we can have a joint India-Pakistan twenty20 league," he wished.

:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt:

Ashraf, who had a first-hand experience of the IPL's success in May when he watched the final in Chennai on a BCCI invitation, said it was the first time he was sharing his plan of a joint T20 league. "I have not discussed this plan with anyone, including the BCCI," he said.

Asked whether the cash-rich IPL needs a helping hand at all, since it has already been established as a successful T20 competition, the PCB chief said all businesses continuously need to innovate and improve.

"All businesses need new products. IPL also needs new products [to continue to flourish]. And there would be no problem in scheduling a joint league," he said.

Interestingly, PCB's own proposed twenty20 league has not taken off as yet. Ashraf, however, said that it would definitely start immediately after Pakistan's tour of South Africa in March.

"The league would start a day after the Pakistan's tour. It would be a short tournament, though in subsequent years it would become a longer one," he said.
According to the schedule, the Pakistan T20 league would be an eight-day affair and will start on March 25.

Ashraf said that foreign players, including Indians, would be invited for the league. "We will invite foreign players. We will also invite Indian players, though I know that the BCCI doesn't allow them to play in such leagues abroad," he said. "But we don't see any boundaries; there are no boundaries in cricket."

Read more at: Exclusive: PCB chief Ashraf proposes joint T20 Indo-Pak league : Cricket, News - India Today

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Re: Exclusive: PCB chief Ashraf proposes joint T20 Indo-Pak league

Do not want.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Oh, damn these buggers! :frusty:

Always trying to hitch a ride on the backs of successful people/organizations/nations, but at the same time, won't stop talking shit, won't change their attitude.

The bigger enemies are the WKK-types in India who will agree with this bugger, and speak of "Indo-Pak peace through cricket". :rage:

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned

Oh, damn these buggers! :frusty:

Always trying to hitch a ride on the backs of successful people/organizations/nations, but at the same time, won't stop talking shit, won't change their attitude.

The bigger enemies are the WKK-types in India who will agree with this bugger, and speak of "Indo-Pak peace through cricket". :rage:
What is WKK ?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

What is WKK ?
WKK - Wagah Kandle Kisser

It is a term commonly used on defence forums to refer to people who talk about pappi-jhappi and "peace with Pakistan", how we are the "same people", how we and the Pakis are "brothers", and similar crap.

Unfortunately we have thousands and thousands of WKKs in India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
You give a inch to the pakis, they take a metre space. Should be avoided anything 'joint' with Pakistan. This dumb idiot makes it sound as if he is some kind of visionary who has such unique ideas. STFU bugger, it already happened in ICL which was an utter failure.
@chase

WKK - Wagah Kandle Kissers aka peacenicks :D

Last edited:

one

Looks like he is preparing to get his 72. Good independent thinkers in pak is a sin hence not a patriotic Paki.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why should india even consider that? I mean try want to run away from us in all other aspects but don't mind being associated with us she. It shuts them.

Thanks but no thanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles