PayPal accidentally credits man $92 quadrillion

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
PayPal accidentally credits man $92 quadrillion

I wish i had been the person.......:p

NEW YORK: Oops! PayPal, the online money-transfer company, has accidentally credited a man in Delaware a whopping $92,233,720,368,547,800, making him by far the richest man in the world.

Chris Reynolds, 56, said he was shocked when he received his monthly statement via e-mail from PayPal last week, with an ending balance of $92 quadrillion, over a million times richer than the world's richest man, Carlos Slim.

The fortune of Slim, a Mexican telecommunications mogul, would pale in comparison at a mere $73 billion.

"I'm just feeling like a million bucks," Reynolds was quoted as saying by the Philadelphia Daily News. "At first I thought that I owed quadrillions. It was quite a big surprise."

Reynolds said he has been a PayPal customer for about 10 years and uses it to buy and sell items on eBay, including vintage car parts. He said he usually spends no more than $100 a month using PayPal.

After absorbing the initial shock, Reynolds logged on to PayPal's site and saw that his balance was listed there as $0.

If the prodigious account credit were true, Reynolds — who with his wife owns Reynolds Ink, a public-relations firm — said he would pay down debts with the money.

"I'm a very responsible guy," he said. "I would pay the national debt down first."

PayPal has admitted the error and offered to donate an unspecified amount of money to a cause of Reynolds' choice.

"This is obviously an error and we appreciate that Mr Reynolds understood this was the case," CNN quoted PayPal as saying in a statement.

PayPal accidentally credits man $92 quadrillion - The Times of India

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
But to pay such a huge amount to person is also a great deal, as he becomes a million times richer than the world's richest person.....

Anyway, this was an accidental transaction....

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
He should have atleast gone on an online shopping spree

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles