Partition & Reunification

What do you all Feel about Indo-Pak Unification?

• Agree to the Unification

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Oppose the Unification

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • Not Decided on it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just dont care!

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Six decades ago the world witnessed the largest human migration that ever took place on earth. Millions of Muslims traveled to newly formed Pakistan (East and West) living everything behind and millions of Hindus and Sikhs to India. I believe that a separate country for Muslims was mainly propagated by elite Muslims who were afraid that in a Hindu majority country Muslims would not be able to prosper .( so called Mullahs of Muslims did not have the confidence on Muslim’s ability- what a tragedy) Six decades since then and Pakistan still has not come out of that fear. Now India running its race to be an economic super power while Pakistan still stuck in the cobweb created by the Mullahs (and the Army that ruled the country for most part of time). We have walked a long way and that’s too in two different direction . True a reunification save a lot of money to spend on infrastructures and other important things but I am afraid Muslim Mullahs will get a free access to a bigger population to spread their ideology of hatred. Whatever grievance Indian Muslims have can be alleviated with total economic development and by the opportunity of co-existence, but I am afraid an influx of more Muslims from Pakistan (a big portion of them are economically backward) would delay the process.

So now when I ask myself whether I want a reunification or not- my heart says YES and my mind says NO-NOT AT ALL..

Still I wish and keep the hope that Pakistan will come out of her fear and overcome the shackle of fundamentalists and the army to be a prosperous nation….then who can tell the future.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I am exhausted from this debate, and maybe I got the answer I was looking for. Before I leave, here's some food for thought.
  • Did 62 years of sovereign nationhood yield anything constructive?
  • Wasn't partition a clever ploy to make sure there isn't a powerful nation and a potential superpower in South Asia?
  • Under democracy, wouldn't Muslims have ended up with their share of the power, since the very principle of democracy is people's rule?
  • Won't reunification make us a much stronger nation that cannot be bullied around by the Americans and Chinese?
  • Wouldn't we then have to make bigger expenditures on things that really matter (infrastructure, industry, education, and opportunity) than spending billions (more) on pointless military expenditure?
  • Wouldn't we then be more powerful on the world stage?
  • Aren't Islamic radicalization, the Taliban problem, and economic dilution that results from reunification trivial, and short-term problems that are manageable and make the long-term incentives worth the trouble?

Maybe it's Utopian, ridiculous, and audacious, and maybe you detest the idea. But if we don't start being long-sighted, we will never end up the kind of nation our founding fathers envisaged in 1947, and will always be contained and limited by our belligerent neighbors. Today's India and Pakistan are like palm-trees growing in flower-pots. A palm tree will remain stunted when it's in a flower-pot. Give it a larger pot, it will give you a bigger tree. Thank you for your time, and apologies if I wasted it.

qsaark

Seperate nations-ok,but its weird how some pakistanis are allergic to even the word 'india'......they feel bashing india and hating us would bolster their national-'pakistani' identity.......its weird how some label us a 'hindooo' state and bash us on relgious grounds.......its amazing how they bring religion into every damn thing and judge everything on religion.......i know all are not the same,but i better stay away from a state where majority thinks such.......afterall pakistan is formed by pakistanis.......
I only wish if the GoP and the Pakistani Media was composed of 'common' Pakistanis. The common Pakistani has to think about the food he is going to put on the table tonight, about the school fees of his kids, about the medical bills of his old parents, about the wedding of his sisters, about whole lots of other things. Where is India and who is Hindu? These sorts of questions do not even cross the minds of the common Pakistanis.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I am exhausted from this debate, and maybe I got the answer I was looking for. Before I leave, here's some food for thought.
  • Did 62 years of sovereign nationhood yield anything constructive?
  • Wasn't partition a clever ploy to make sure there isn't a powerful nation and a potential superpower in South Asia?
  • Under democracy, wouldn't Muslims have ended up with their share of the power, since the very principle of democracy is people's rule?
  • Won't reunification make us a much stronger nation that cannot be bullied around by the Americans and Chinese?
  • Wouldn't we then have to make bigger expenditures on things that really matter (infrastructure, industry, education, and opportunity) than spending billions (more) on pointless military expenditure?
  • Wouldn't we then be more powerful on the world stage?
  • Aren't Islamic radicalization, the Taliban problem, and economic dilution that results from reunification trivial, and short-term problems that are manageable and make the long-term incentives worth the trouble?

Maybe it's Utopian, ridiculous, and audacious, and maybe you detest the idea. But if we don't start being long-sighted, we will never end up the kind of nation our founding fathers envisaged in 1947, and will always be contained and limited by our belligerent neighbors. Today's India and Pakistan are like palm-trees growing in flower-pots. A palm tree will remain stunted when it's in a flower-pot. Give it a larger pot, it will give you a bigger tree. Thank you for your time, and apologies if I wasted it.
Honestly saying Tarun ( may be I am scared a bit about reunification) this is one of the best posts I have ever read.

qsaark

Honestly saying Tarun ( may be I am scared a bit about reunification) this is one of the best posts I have ever read.
Indeed, it is not 'probably' but ‘definitely’ the best post I have read on this subject, not only in this thread or on this forum, but ever. Bravo.

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
Qsaark sir,you are too good to be true.......but you do understand,what a common indian see's is what he believes,and he see's pakistani media,zaid hamid,hamid gul having huge accepetence in pak with their anti-india propagonda,he see's dishfull of such mentalities served on the internet and specially in the new concept of the growing forum-world

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Qsaark sir,you are too good to be true.......but you do understand,what a common indian see's is what he believes,and he see's pakistani media,zaid hamid,hamid gul having huge accepetence in pak with their anti-india propagonda,he see's dishfull of such mentalities served on the internet and specially in the new concept of the growing forum-world
Arjak,

One mistake we do and that Qsaark has pointed out we try to see Pakistan through Zaid Hamid's eyes. We all know common Pakistani neither has the time nor the option to speak out. It is handful of elites who try to be the face of Pakistan. The reletion between Indian Muslims and Hindus is good generally because of the co-existence. May be samething will help in amalgamation of Pakistani with Indians. May be it will take time but if present generations are sincere enough it will not take time to realise what a great power the unision will be.

qsaark

I can not deny that. The only reason I decided to join the fora was to bring the truth in the light for my fellow countrymen. I have always said that a person has not an enemy worst than ignorance and no act is worst than keep insisting on being an ignorant. I am not a political leader or something. But I love my country, and more than my country, I love the humanity. Wherever I went, I tried my best to preach this. Yes, for the time being I may be alone, but soon folks will follow. I will never give up my hope on this. You see, my Grand Dad refused to leave India behind, it was his homeland and he died as a patriotic Indian.

I honestly feel that the partition was a fateful episode, I only wish if the leadership of the Congress and the Muslim League had shown a little more maturity. But to be honest with you, all is not lost. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh may never be united as one country, but they can become and act like the European Union. If the Berlin wall can fall, why the two nations who share the same history, same culture and same roots can not come closer?

tharikiran

Country flag
tarunraju;72794]I am exhausted from this debate, and maybe I got the answer I was looking for. Before I leave, here's some food for thought.

[*]Did 62 years of sovereign nationhood yield anything constructive?
At least for India.We have a vibrant democracy.We are on our way to become a economic super power.Nothing and nobody can stop us.

[*]Wasn't partition a clever ploy to make sure there isn't a powerful nation and a potential superpower in South Asia?
[*]Under democracy, wouldn't Muslims have ended up with their share of the power, since the very principle of democracy is people's rule?
Those who opted for PAK just didn't want their share. They wanted the whole thing.under a united India, they might have. Pakistan is a so called democratic state with all representatives being Muslim. It has not helped them because they have another power structure called the army.
[*]Won't reunification make us a much stronger nation that cannot be bullied around by the Americans and Chinese?
Reunification is only goin to increase the problems with the current scenario we are in. I don't want taliban as my new neighbor and OSAMA waving his hands.:bye:
[*]Wouldn't we then have to make bigger expenditures on things that really matter (infrastructure, industry, education, and opportunity) than spending billions (more) on pointless military expenditure?
No matter whether we are unified or not we will always have to spend on defense. New borders will mean new neighbors and they have to be defended.Afghanistan and Iran and central Asian countries will be neighbors and thanks to India's massive size, they will be skeptical. It's a never ending race. We will always have China on the other plate.
Whatever money we have, it will then have to be spent to reconstruct Pakistan and repay it's debt.Like a non functioning factory, it brings it mess and chaos with it.
[*]Wouldn't we then be more powerful on the world stage?

[*]Aren't Islamic radicalization, the Taliban problem, and economic dilution that results from reunification trivial, and short-term problems that are manageable and make the long-term incentives worth the trouble?

These are not short term problems.Islamic radicalization is here to stay. Taliban is here to stay. Wake to the 21st century facts.

Maybe it's Utopian, ridiculous, and audacious, and maybe you detest the idea. But if we don't start being long-sighted, we will never end up the kind of nation our founding fathers envisaged in 1947, and will always be contained and limited by our belligerent neighbors. Today's India and Pakistan are like palm-trees growing in flower-pots. A palm tree will remain stunted when it's in a flower-pot. Give it a larger pot, it will give you a bigger tree. Thank you for your time, and apologies if I wasted it.[/B]

It's all nice to have these ideas.I dream of having a Ferrari (long sighted). But, I gotta work now to earn that kind of money.What are my facts. What's my current job,profession, what are my ground realities. Will they support such long sighted dreams. These have to be considered. And when I realise that my facts tell me that I cannot have the Ferrari, I accept the fact and buy a normal sedan and get on with life.
Look at Egypt -Israel normalisation . They accepted the facts and have better relations now.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
[/B]

It's all nice to have these ideas.I dream of having a Ferrari (long sighted). But, I gotta work now to earn that kind of money.What are my facts. What's my current job,profession, what are my ground realities. Will they support such long sighted dreams. These have to be considered. And when I realise that my facts tell me that I cannot have the Ferrari, I accept the fact and buy a normal sedan and get on with life.
Look at Egypt -Israel normalisation . They accepted the facts and have better relations now.
The incentives I pointed out, which are long-sighted, are not unreasonable, let alone unrealistic. If you dream of owning a Ferrari, and you think that is an unreasonable long-sight, then maybe you really won't ever own a Ferrari. My long-sight is graduating from this mini hatch car to an SUV with AWD. Not unreasonable considering the kind of money I make (fit my case into my argument, and you'll see how it's not unreasonable). You are glorifying the ridicule of free and reasonable ideas. As for the replies to my bullet points, if you're asking for a response, I'll give you one tomorrow.

sky

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since partition, as people we share diffrent values and a diffrent take on the world. Madeline albright said pakistan is a international migraine, so why make it a indian migraine?

:india:

tharikiran

Country flag
The incentives I pointed out, which are long-sighted, are not unreasonable, let alone unrealistic. If you dream of owning a Ferrari, and you think that is an unreasonable long-sight, then maybe you really won't ever own a Ferrari. My long-sight is graduating from this mini hatch car to an SUV with AWD. Not unreasonable considering the kind of money I make (fit my case into my argument, and you'll see how it's not unreasonable). You are glorifying the ridicule of free and reasonable ideas. As for the replies to my bullet points, if you're asking for a response, I'll give you one tomorrow.
I am only debating and placing my points of view which differ from yours. Whats reasonable to you may not be reasonable to me . Hope we can accept that point at least. We can agree to differ.
I find INDO_PAK reunification too far sighted.There's Siachen, kashmir to be resolved first.There are issues related to rivers, dams, terrorism to be resolved first.That's me being realistic.That's me being reasonable.I have no intention to ridicule your thoughts, which, as I see many members appreciate a lot.Nothing's wrong with your ideas dude.Don't take the Ferrari example in the literal sense.An example can be anything.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Again.....its somewhat suprising that so many people on this forum are waxing nostalgic about what could have been.

Comparing India-Pakistan to East Germany - West Germany, North Korea-South Korea is completely missing the mark.

The main thing to remember is that East Germany - West Germany partition and North Korea - South Korea was based on a political idealogical divide. I still believe that North and South Korea will be re-unified one day.

But India - Pakistan partition was based on a religious divide and Pakistan has moved on and consolidated its identity as an Islamic country.

Jinnah's noble intentions of a secular democratic Pakistan did not materialize. Jinnah would probably be turning in his grave if he could see Pakistan today. I believe that one of the biggest misfortunes of Pakistan ever was the early death of Jinnah. If Jinnah had lived for another 20 or 30 years, Pakistan would be a completely different place today, and the whole India-Pak dynamic would be in a much better state.

Muslim minority communities that live in secular democratic communities do very well. This is something I have heard this from many Muslims themselves here in the West.
I believe the reason for this is that they are sometimes their own worst enemies. When they are in the majority, there is an inevitable pull to move towards an Islamist government, and the inevitable clash between individual liberty and personal freedoms, versus religious obligations becomes a major distraction.

So I would argue that the Indian Muslims are the lucky ones; they get to live in a secular country, and there is no Mullah telling them how to dress, when to pray, what to eat or drink, and what music they can listen to.

I would like to say that I am of the opinion that the Partition was probably a good thing for India. India would have been in endless domestic turmoil if the partition had not occurred.

Finally....i cant agree more with Sky on his post. Pakistan is a huge mess(migraine) and just be glad that it is not India's migraine !!

qsaark

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since partition, as people we share diffrent values and a diffrent take on the world. Madeline Albright said Pakistan is a international migraine, so why make it a Indian migraine?
Who is Madeline Albright? A philanthropist or a human right activist or a thinker or a philosopher or an intellectual or an academician? None of it actually she was United States Secretary of State that is a bureaucrat that is it. Where was this international migraine when its airbases were used to operate the US spy planes? And where was this international migraine when President Kennedy was requesting Ayub Khan not to open a second front in 1962? And where was this migraine when Ayub was asked to put his entire wait in the favor of Britain, France and Israel during the Suez Canal conflict? And where was this migraine when Pakistan was fighting a proxy war for the United States in Afghanistan?

tharikiran

Country flag
@Qsaark--There is no point talking about past incidents.
Let's talk about current facts.
Does current situation allow for a INDO-PAK unification.
Hasn't it become a hub of terrorist activities.There are no permanent enemies and
friends in the real world.The US used Pakistan as it wanted and in turn Pakistan got what it wanted.Pak can't complain now. we can't rest on past laurels, can we ?

As facts change, so will the relations. 9/11 takes place and you expect the US not to wake up to new realities and review it's relations with Pakistan ?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Kal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab - Kabir.

At least for India. We have a vibrant democracy. We are on our way to become a economic super power .Nothing and nobody can stop us.
No, you’re being delusional. We are not on our way to becoming a superpower, and it’s not that nothing can stop us from doing so. With Pakistan on our NNW, and China on our NNE, barely any self-propelling industry to speak of, measly exports, and close to no other nation that explicitly requires our manufactured goods or services, we are effectively limited and contained. Being a super power starts with the ability to engage any enemy, of any quantum, anywhere in the world. We’re not going anywhere close to that, not in the present form. But with most of our money going in the right areas (a big part of which is neutralizing one of our biggest foes for the past 6 decades, rebuilding the country of 1901), we might stand a better chance at chasing your dream of becoming an economic superpower that nobody can stop.

Those who opted for PAK just didn't want their share. They wanted the whole thing. under a united India, they might have. Pakistan is a so called democratic state with all representatives being Muslim. It has not helped them because they have another power structure called the army.
And as a result of that, they have earned an elite class that only believes in power. Evidently Pakistan’s descent to chaos is evidence that their plans didn’t work, ours did, and that doesn’t mean we can’t run the reunited state our way (as a sovereign, secular, democratic republic, to quote our Constitutional Preamble). The current Pakistan is not a secular state, it’s an Islamic Republic. They’ve been democratic and asecular at the same time, which isn’t a contradiction.

Reunification is only going to increase the problems with the current scenario we are in. I don't want taliban as my new neighbor and OSAMA waving his hands.
If you think Pakistan is less of a threat than a chaotic Afghanistan, and that you’re better-off having Pakistan as your neighbor, you really need some logical thinking. With Afghanistan as our new neighbor, and given how it relies on foreign military for its security, we stand a better chance of neutralizing the rogue elements emanating from Afghanistan once and for all. We will share a border, and our troops in the ‘enemy territory’ will have direct, logistical support from the mainland. Lack of political will, a hostile neighbor in India, and limited military ordinance are some of the reasons why Pakistan isn’t able to solve the Afghanistan problem.

No matter whether we are unified or not we will always have to spend on defense. New borders will mean new neighbors and they have to be defended.Afghanistan and Iran and central Asian countries will be neighbors and thanks to India's massive size, they will be skeptical. It's a never ending race. We will always have China on the other plate.
Whatever money we have, it will then have to be spent to reconstruct Pakistan and repay it's debt.Like a non functioning factory, it brings it mess and chaos with it
Pakistan doesn’t need reconstruction. Its infrastructure and state machinery is intact. Economic dilution is really a short-term problem. As for defense, reunifications of territory brings with it reunification of armed forces. So our armed forces will remain proportional to our mutual growth in territory. A stronger nation with lesser headaches will naturally keep the army’s growth in progress, while reducing its overhead on the economy. We actually stand a better chance against China that way. Company mergers bring with them debt consolidation. It is in the interests of both the bigger company (to merge with the smaller one with as little money to shell out) and the smaller company (since its debts are being consolidated).

These are not short term problems.Islamic radicalization is here to stay. Taliban is here to stay. Wake to the 21st century facts.
You know, by thinking that radicalization of Islam is ‘here to stay’ and a ‘fact’ (dogmatic truth), you’re effectively giving into them. That’s exactly what they want you to believe (that they’re invincible, irreversible), while the truth is far from it. Islamic radicalization is a product of social oppression, since ‘radicalization’ itself is sought as a last-resort by them to hurdle up and face a challenge. Today their challenge is India, and the people they’re mislead to believe are ‘oppressed’ in Indian Kashmir, who need ‘freedom’. When you eliminate their problems, their return to moderate Islam will be as quick as their transition to radicalism. Dissolve our boundaries, and you will solve the Kashmir problem (no more LOC, nothing to fight for). Give the youth proper education, give them jobs, give them proper social support structures, and you solve the need for every young man who is unable to make a decent and peaceful career to opt for radicalism.

As for the Taliban, the very fact that they don’t control Kabul anymore shows that they’re not here to stay, and are a very fragile, ill-equipped, and ill-trained enemy. We will be able to crush them with the same ease with which China crushes radical elements within its state.

I've been as reasonable with my arguments as possible. Let's hope it helps.

qsaark

Comparing India-Pakistan to East Germany - West Germany, North Korea-South Korea is completely missing the mark.

The main thing to remember is that East Germany - West Germany partition and North Korea - South Korea was based on a political ideological divide. I still believe that North and South Korea will be re-unified one day.

But India - Pakistan partition was based on a religious divide and Pakistan has moved on and consolidated its identity as an Islamic country.
I don’t think it is completely missing the mark. Besides I never said that India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will eventually reunify. I said that the three countries and possibly Sri Lanka too have a potential to form something like a European Union.

India-Pakistan was as much a political divide. And the biggest proof of this is, the Muslims clerics (the Jamiat Ulema e Hind) never supported the creation of Pakistan. In fact this so called ‘two nation theory’ did not surface until 1941. Even Jinnah did not get serious about a separate ‘country’ until the failure of the Cabinet Mission. Take any of his speech and you will find him talking and advocating for a Muslim majority ‘state’.

Republic of Pakistan was declared an ‘Islamic’ Republic of Pakistan only in the time of self proclaimed FM Ayub Khan who was a Military Dictator. Before declaring the country an ‘Islamic’ Republic of Pakistan, did he ask Pakistanis if they want the same or not? How the actions of one person are so comfortably being considered the actions of the entire nation?

Jinnah's noble intentions of a secular democratic Pakistan did not materialize. Jinnah would probably be turning in his grave if he could see Pakistan today. I believe that one of the biggest misfortunes of Pakistan ever was the early death of Jinnah. If Jinnah had lived for another 20 or 30 years, Pakistan would be a completely different place today, and the whole India-Pak dynamic would be in a much better state.
I second with every single word you have written.

Muslim minority communities that live in secular democratic communities do very well. This is something I have heard this from many Muslims themselves here in the West.
I believe the reason for this is that they are sometimes their own worst enemies. When they are in the majority, there is an inevitable pull to move towards an Islamist government, and the inevitable clash between individual liberty and personal freedoms, versus religious obligations becomes a major distraction.
This was true if the Muslims were living in the democratic societies and there was a pull to move towards an Islamist government by the people. In reality, there is no democracy in any of the Muslim country (except for in Malaysia), and religion is used as a tool to maintain the grip on the country and its people by the ruling elite class.

So I would argue that the Indian Muslims are the lucky ones; they get to live in a secular country, and there is no Mullah telling them how to dress, when to pray, what to eat or drink, and what music they can listen to.
They may be lucky but there is always a religious person who tell them how to live their lives according to the teachings of their religion. It is not that the Muslims living in the so called secular countries do not practice their religion. You may have met with some folks who would have abandoned their religious practices but they certainly do not represent the majority of the Muslims living in those secular states.

I would like to say that I am of the opinion that the Partition was probably a good thing for India. India would have been in endless domestic turmoil if the partition had not occurred.
I do not agree with you. As I have mentioned in my earlier post, if the 1935 constitution was little more balanced, the Muslims had very little if any reason to go for a separate country.

Finally....i cant agree more with Sky on his post. Pakistan is a huge mess(migraine) and just be glad that it is not India's migraine !!
Indeed it is, and the West in particularly the United States has a fair share in the making of this huge mess by supporting and strengthening the Military and Civilian dictatorships in Pakistan.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Hi,
I think that the partition of India was not the wisest step. But to talk about unification now is IMHO a lil' bit stupid. Actually I think it will bring more strife than harmony because of radicalization which has already taken place. The damage's already been done, there's no turning back now. Some muslims wanted a separate country for themselves, but then 62 years on, what have they achieved?

Here, I watch three News channels daily; our national news channel, France 2 & BBC News. If I try to recall to the best of my ability, I've never heard anything positive being said about Pakistan on those channels. Every time Pakistan's name is mentioned, it's either because of aids it is receiving or bomb blasts. I'm not trying to belittle Pakistan but it's been like this for quite some time now.

I've been to India, you can't tell the difference between Hindus & Muslims there. They all live in harmony. India's had many Muslim presidents...who can forget Shri Abdul Kalam who was India's missile man & went on to become their president. The Khans in Bollywood wouldn't be where they are today, if not for hindus. People like these are the living example that secularism works! Tell me where will you see a Catholic woman leaving the PM's seat to a Sikh & the same Sikh taking his oath from a Muslim president in a country where more than 80% of the population is hindu??

For instance take Mauritius itself, More than half of the population is Hindu. We have our fair share of Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists & Sikhs. More than 70% people are of Indian origin. When we were struggling for independence from the Brits the Church told its followers to vote against independence. Still we've had a Catholic PM & a Muslim president. Our PM is a hindu but we have three vice PMs; one is a Muslim, One is a Catholic (his father was against independence) & one is a Hindu. There's hasn't been one racial riot ever since we got our independence.

Pakistan I feel, ever since it came into being, has been ruled by people who have unscrupulously fueled hatred in the society for some benefit of their own. That country has never really been ruled by it's people. Had it not been so, it would be a different Pakistan today. But then, only the muslims who created it are to blame...they did no favor to themselves by alienating & confining their populace from the rest of the sub-continent.
Regards,
E1

Sabir

DFI TEAM
So what is forming?

It is a handful Pak muslim elites + Part of Pak Army + Mullahs Vs Rest of sub-continent

Not very difficult.....if common Pakistani wake up and take the initiative...atleast to earn their own rights.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I have voted against this reunion. Partition was a painful episode. Neither I nor any member of this forum can feel the pain of partition. The immense pain can only be felt by the divided families who now live in different countries. We must ask the grand son who lives in India but want to visit his ancestor’s home in Bangladesh; how does he feel when he has to apply for a Visa and sometimes he is denied permission. We must ask an India father whose daughter is married in Pakistan how he feels when he is not allowed to visit her home.

But there is hope and humanity binds us together. I am quoting a famous cardiologist of India Dr. DeviPrasad Shetty “Pain is universal; it is same for Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi”. Dr. Shetty has numerous Pakistani and Bangladeshi patients and he treat them like he treats any other Indian patient.

We all may be optimistic that someday we may reunite. But friends this is one of those dreams which is far away from reality. It is better for all of us to live in peace as neighbors. It will be great if our respective governments allow visa free travel between India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles