Parsi population in Surat up 6% in 6 yrs

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

3. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

That is positive news. One of the most contributing non-Indian communities from foreign land. They truly became the sugar in water that they showed to the king of west coast Gujarat then.

4. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

Good news.......
    whats in Iran like then

5. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

I remember as a kid that Parsi folks were exteremly peaceful in nature and where ridiculed in Bombay (at least). In the sense I felt bad for the way they were made fun of much too often ( it was mean but not dangerous/hate banter). Has it changed now? their families pretty much kept to themselves back then ( this over 35 plus years ago).

6. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

7. Yusuf

Just one of the calibre of Sam Maneckshaw will do.

Tshering22 likes this.
  8. Tshering22

Our Parsis must be laughing at Iranian mullahs... there was a time when Parsis were going to be wiped out by Islamic invaders from Arabia. But now they have become a part of India and continue the ancient lineage.

9. Tshering22

You bet! How my family misses the man! If only general Singh or Marshal Browne were a tenth the men this man was... half of defense related political disasters would be rectified.

10. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Zoroastrian_population

50%-70% Zoroastrian lives in India only. 1/3rd most likely in Mumbai itself. It is one of the oldest religion and very rich culture at time of Persian time. Ironically, They are negligible in Iran where it started. All credits goes to Mullahs and fundamentalist. They are living in India for many centuries, Thanks to our universal brotherhood and Peaceful nature. They are true patriot for India. :thumb:

11. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

from the past couple of moth defence forum India has turned out to be the gali ka nukkad, discussing polity, religion and all the other NON DEF things. i think soon people will start discussing balika vadhu too.

pls guys instead of these things go to military strategy section and even post hypothetical war situation to debate upon.

its good that parsis are growing in no but still this is DFI.

12. Yusuf

Well this has been the fight from day one. The staff was repeatedly asked for other sections that included religion and culture which we did. Since this section is part of the forum, it's bound to get discussion especially because our country is quite religious and spiritual.

That apart, a whole bunch of threads are there on military and geo politics. I am sure those are of interest to you. You can always start any war scenario yourself.

Tronic likes this.
  13. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Awwww....so sad.

Have you known any Parsi? I live in a Parsi Area in Mumbai. The older folks are full of hatred towards the government and wish for the British to return. They were the Alpha dogs of the British with most of the industries and land in Mumbai owned by them. The new generation is different and has mixed in well with the rest of the countrymen. I have not seen any hatred shown towards Parsis.