Parliament being shifted to new location

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by The Messiah, Jul 14, 2012.

?

Should Parliament be shifted to new location ?

1. Yes, new building should be constructed

45.0%
  2. No, current building should be repaired when parliament is not in session

55.0%
  1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Parliament being shifted to new location ?

[​IMG]

No longer safe, Parliament looking for a new address

The magnificent parliament building, one of India’s architectural marvels, could well be on its last legs. Massive wear and tear over its 85 years and its complete lack of emergency preparedness has prompted plans for a brand new structure. A day after HT reported the alarming state of the heritage building, Lok Sabha officials confirmed on Friday plans for the construction of an alternative structure.

Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar is expected to announce the setting-up of a high-powered committee for this job soon. “The issue of site, size and structure would be decided by the committee,” Lok Sabha secretary general TK Viswanathan said.

An internal report has revealed that the Delhi Fire Services declined a fire safety clearance to the building in its present condition.

Quoting the Speaker, Viswanathan said the building was "silently weeping" and bearing an excessive load due to additions to the original structure - such as the air-conditioning system, security installations and bulky cables.

Also, unplanned construction and encroachments having caused massive wear and tear while blocked stairways pose a major hazard in case of an emergency, such as a fire or an earthquake.

The decision to build afresh is also based on the assessment that the number of MPs in both Houses will increase in the next 50 years.

Since the new project is likely to take years, if not decades, for now, the Lok Sabha secretariat has decided give "top priority" to making the complex fire-safe. "Preparations on a war footing are on to secure a no-objection certificate from the fire department," said an official.

The secretary general has also sought a report from the National Disaster Management Authority on the measures required to keep the building safe in an earthquake.

Furthermore, the secretariat has approached the Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee to undertake a study of the building.

No longer safe, Parliament looking for a new address - Hindustan Times

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Good.

Wish we could just raze the Rashtrapati Bhawan too. :(

4. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Why use tax payer money for these people? If the building collapsed it would have done the nation a huge favor.

maomao likes this.
  5. The Messiah

Netas are just looking for a way to steal more money because constructing new building is more expensive than repairing an existing building.

IMO parliament should be repaired when not session (which is half the year).

6. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Next big scam.

maomao likes this.
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

They will build some horrid structure that will not even see the 85 years this magnificent building has weathered inspite of our MPs.

maomao likes this.
  8. The Messiah

If netas vacate it then i think army should make it its main headquarters in India. something along the lines of pentagon

what do you think ?

ganesh177 and maomao like this.
  9. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Islamabad should be our next capital.

Blackwater and maomao like this.
  10. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

In my opinion, they should build a hut, a great big one for all of them to fit in. Maybe then they'll be knocked back to their senses and will be able to empathize with their poor brethren. In software development, there's a concept called unit testing where you build a program for testing the actual program, even before you've written the actual program. To my mind they should setup a committee to start monitoring all the potential scams and gathering evidence. This one's going to be the ultimate sequel to 2g, after cwg and adarsh.

raja696 likes this.
  11. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

The next Parliament should be designed with unbreakable and unrootable materials :troll:

12. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

well i personally want the 80yrs old building collapsed on 500 odd MPs and clean the system. anyhow i wonder where they will make new one. i think they must demolished this one and make new one here only

13. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

the old parliament building is 80 yrs old and beyond repair or renovation. it better to make new modern one but in 1 or 2 yrs time

14. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

its better to construct new building at peripheries of Delhi.make the old one a historic place

15. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

Is India getting a new Parliament complex?
    The present Parliament building was commissioned in the year 1927.
    BY: EXPRESS WEB DESK | NEW DELHI |
    [​IMG]
    (With PTI inputs)
    @Akask kumar @OrangeFlorian @Bornubus @ezsasa @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @hit&run @sayareakd
    I would love to see a new beautiful Parliament building as I have seen that of many European countries, enough beautiful to make us feeling jealous.:D
    How must it look like if built? What do you guys think?

OneGrimPilgrim and Bornubus like this.
  16. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

There is already a plan to build a new building to accommodate all key central government ministry offices. I wonder if this is part of the same plan or a different plan all together.

But yes, we will need a new parliament building. Let's just hope that the new RS and LS does not have a "well" in the house. Atleast then these MPs will stop disrupting the sessions.

Then again if such plan was there, Venkaiah Naidu would have announced it by now. May be it is under consideration.

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  17. Akask kumar

Akask kumar Regular Member

yea.. DELHI is in earthquake zone and the building was designed from 1927 security point of view... plus its not mulit-storey nor can be upgraded into.. if made multi sotreyed , lot of offfices can be added in the parliamnet,, new parliament can be digitalised ..so its good.

i wish the new parliament should have some Maurya time or Gupta time Theme.. from exterior it should reflect our past Administrative glory..

for instance
    [​IMG]

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  18. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

OT====
    What does tower of babel have to do with Euroope?

Tower of babel is on Semitic/Abrahamic legends detailed in Judaic and pre-Judaic inscripstions. These semitic legends were in turn copied from Sumerian legends. In fact it is believed that the city the semitics call Babel is in fact the ancient Sumerian city of Eridu.
    None of this has anything to do with Europe.

On topic

What is the need is the need for a new parliament?? :confused:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad likes this.
  19. aliyah

aliyah Regular Member

hope it falls down when Parliament is in session and all assholes get buried in it at once ;)

20. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Just shift it out of Delhi and make it super uninteresting so no one wants to live there!!

raja696 and spikey360 like this.
  21. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

You really underestimate the regeration capacity of as*h*les!!

raja696 and aliyah like this.