Parliament adjourned till noon amid uproar over price rise, Telangana

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There are many important bills that have to be passed this Winter Session including the Lokpal Bill, which is keenly watched with anticipation by the whole nation.

If the Parliament is disrupted, then very few Bills will see the light of day.

There is no doubt that the people are disturbed by the lethargy of the Govt and total disarray amongst its rank to do a spot of honest governance rather than obfuscate and mislead.

But then, the Govt has to have the space and the powers enacted within the Bills to govern. Continuous disruption would not empower the Govt with the legality enshrined in the Bills that are awaiting being passed and so the situation will get even worse.

Is this Politics at work or is it a sincere attempt to highlight the burning issues that are getting scant attention from the Govt?

3. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

If GOI is not listening to those issues even after many public shakedowns, I doubt if adjournments of house will do any good.

This winter session is way too important for UPA. They can put their act together to convince opposition for parliament proceedings or can slack off to postpone the itinerary.

I'm waiting for retail FDI announcements. Want to see how much high CPI can jump.

4. Ray

If shakedowns don't work, what is the answer?

Let them drift and sink the Am Admi further?

I am not too concerned about the politics of the issues.

What concerns me is the false hopes that are strung around as carrots. Every day another noose is put around the common man.

MPs are one of the most well paid chaps. Like others they should have accountability. They cannot be Rajas with no responsibility to the common man.

Air India is in the doldrums because of using it as their father's jagirdari.

The rural road scheme has been abandoned.

The much touted Rural employment scheme is in tatters.

The Food Policy is rudderless.

Names of the Black money crooks are out and yet they are not being released.

Land Acquisition is chaotic.

One could go on.

What is going on smoothly?

It is all dithering and that woman spokesman,the Amazon ( I forget her name), talks about Euro being in disarray and so India is suffering! And when questioned on the TV she blabbers incoherent! Compared to her, a man like Manish Tiwari or that Adjective spouting Singhvi turns out to be Winston Churchill at his wittiest!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. nrj

Maybe MMS & Pranab babu should give some assurances to opposition on price rise to hold on to. Which they can use as political leverage. But I think that's too much to ask for :lol:

ps: I hear they are proposing to infuse further thousands of crores in Air India

6. Ray

I personally feeling that the Opposition are not people who are, as they say in Hindi, washed with Ganges water.

They are as good as those in Government. Playing politics and fooling the people!

It is time that the Govt answers the people and the people are being connected with these talk shows. They should not come out as arrogant, unlettered nincompoops who think that apart from them, all of India are blithering fools!

I heard that silly man who is Mrs G's right hand man (again I forget the name), I think her powerful secretary, on black money. He was lambasted by the ex IT Commissioner and this Congress spokesman bleated like a kid goat going for slaughter! This was on NewsX.

This RTI and these TV talk shows or Interviews have opened up how India is governed. The more is exposed, the more is the demoralisation watching that we elect dimwits and rank blithering idiots who, it appears, are only feathering their nests and interests, be they in governance or in the opposition!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  7. Ray

I heard from a Congress stalwart on TV that petrol is used by the rich!

Indeed!

The rich are using diesel cars.

The normal chap cannot afford a diesel car since it costs much more.

Now, if the Urban transport system could be made efficient, who the hell would like to drive a car in all this messy traffic and jams?

In Kolkata where I live, there are roads which are no entry during the day and then it switches the other way during the afternoon. Unless someone has a map stating so, one would either get confused and lost, apart from muddling along in jams and getting traffic tickets, one would be hugely frustrated.

A good urban transit system will eliminate the use of cars.

For instance, it is easier and quicker to use the Underground Metro in Kolkata. But to reach the few stations that are there, one has to go through the same traffic maze and then there is no place to park and leave the car and pick it up on return! If one is to go by bus or by auto rickshaw, then it is another Herculean task to go and then return when the work is done!

We really have idiots governing us with no imagination or foresight!

8. Ray

The impasse has commenced.

It appears that the Govt is not keen on either having an adjournment motion allowed since it will embarrass the Govt because it they don't play ball, it will show the Govt in poor light i.e. they don't care for the Am Admi and the Govt is equally worried the alliance partners for political expediency may not bail out the Govt, or at best abstain.

A very tricky situation.

One wonders how it will pan out finally.

9. nrj

Advani agrees to discuss on Black Money tomorrow, not price rise. Why would he compromise on this issue? Price rise is more disturbing than black money. Those 700 names are more important than anything right now I think.

How much money are these politicians milking from those 700 people by threatening them to go public?

10. Ray

I think all issues that are being tabled or discussed in the Parliament this Winter Session are important.

One really cannot prioritise.

Of course, inflation and price rise is the icing since it affects the common man directly.

It is more so important since the Govt last session avoided a vote by assuring that the Govt would do everything to control Inflation.

It appears that the Govt only bought time and fooled the common man because nothing cognizable was done to check the galloping inflation and the food price escalation!