Pankaj Advani Makes History in Egypt

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Indian cueist Pankaj Advani, on Sunday, created history by becoming the first player to win world titles in the longer and shorter formats of billiards and snooker, after pocketing the IBSF World 6-Red snooker championship here. Advani defeated Kacper Flilpiak of Poland in the final, that lasted barely an hour, to win his maiden 6-Red world title and ninth overall. Advani has also won seven world titles in billiards and one in snooker. He won both world snooker titles on debut — the IBSF World Snooker Championship in China and the latest in Egypt. This win takes Advani to the highest tally of world titles by any Indian cueist in the Open (men's) category.
A dream
"This is a dream. I actually wasn't expecting anything from this championship. For the last two months, I've been playing quite a bit of billiards, so to come into a world snooker championship and win is simply unreal," said Advani. Asked how it felt to be the most successful cueist India has ever produced, a humble Advani said, "I'm only 28 and I have a lot more billiards and snooker in me before I start paying attention to such heavy labels." "At this point, I'm just thrilled to be able to play quality snooker."

Pankaj Advani Makes History in Egypt - The New Indian Express

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles