Panaji: Only one Nigerian out of 52 arrested last month had Passport

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by rock127, Feb 4, 2014.

1. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Panaji: Only one Nigerian out of 52 arrested last month had passport, says police

Panaji: Goa police today said that out of the 52 Nigerians who were arrested for staging a violent protest on the national highway in the state last month, only one could produce a valid passport.

Around 38 of them had no passports at all. Of the rest, some did not have original passports but produced photocopies, police said.One of them had a "permit" to stay in India (but no passport).

All of them were arrested on September 31 after they staged a blockade on the highway to protest murder of a fellow Nigerian.

The arrests sparked off a diplomatic row between and India and Nigeria.In the aftermath, Goa government formed a special cell to crack down on the foreigners living illegally in the state.

3. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

4. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Re: Panaji: Only one Nigerian out of 52 arrested last month had Passpo

Thanks... today I read in newspaper about a Nigerian woman caught at airport with drugs worth 13 crore.

I tried to find it in google and it led me to so many of news which has Africans and Nigerians to be particular indulges in all criminal activities specially sex/drugs.

So thanks for digging some threads.

nirranj likes this.
  5. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

Re: Panaji: Only one Nigerian out of 52 arrested last month had Passpo

Just google Nigerians in Tiruppur and you can get N number of articles on their wrongdoings..