Palestinians should perish from this world: Ovadia Yosef

Rebelkid

@vishal and Teshering

I don't see what is so difficult to understand here. Either you condemn the statements made by this ISraeli to exterminate Palestinians or you don't. Can you clarify which position you hold?
TheZionist philosophy is based ona politcal interpretation of Judaism. Just like the Islamists look at the politcal view of Islam. Both have no realtion to traditional Judaism or Islam but have caught on as "ideologies" of their own. These type of ideologies are dangerous as they result in blatant mixing of religion and politics.

And lets not forget that the UN resolutions call it the OCCUPIED Palestinian Territories. This is the official name of the West Bank and Gaza areas. That is why every state government in the world, from the US, to the EU, Russia, Arabs, Hamas Palestinians and ISrael have agreed to the two state solution as the final solution. Do you both also agree that this should be the final solution?

To hear a Jewish scholar who lost his family on his mother's side and his father's side to the holocaust explaing the roots of conflict and the prospects of peace watch this entire video. Remember, he is Jewish and lost almost his entire family to the holocaust. Listen to his entire lecture and then make an opinion

If such a statement was made , it should be condemned

It should never be taken seriously as Palestinians , Arabs and Pakistanis have been bad mouthing Jews for decades and vice versa. It is usual business in the middle east, lets just leave it at that..

Last edited by a moderator:

GokuInd

Bro are you sure about that, in 1973 Egyptian infantry wrecked havoc on Israeli armored columns, destroying close to 400 tanks and they retook Sinai. That was the first time in warfare that anti tank guided missiles had been used to destroy armor. The only problem is, Israel is the only side that has prolonged conflict by not recognizing a Palestinian state. As far as I know, a few Arab nations such as UAE allow Israeli business presence. It must take some kind of recognition to do billions worth of trade.
In fact before the second Intifada 2000, a handful of Arab states had enjoyed diplomatic relations with Israel, among them Oman, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia and Qatar besides Egypt and Jordan of course. With the beginning of the Intifada though, the aforementioned states have either downgraded or completely severed their relations with Israel.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Ejaj, many of your points are valid. However, some Palestinian and other Arab leaders are mostly to blame for the current plight of the Palestinians as well.

The grand Mufti Husaini of Palestine organized several riots before the partition. He went to Hitler to support him in his genocide of Jews as well.

Seven Arab states declared war on the nascent state of Israel (which didn't even have a declared army) with the stated aim by some Arab leaders of pushing the Jews to the sea and paving road with their skulls.

Of course, all this doesn't mean that the ordinary Palestinian should suffer for the mistakes made by other Arabs or Palestinian leaders. I agree, a two state solution with a viable Palestine is the only hope for peace.

And on this topic, the statement of the jewish "spiritual leader" is in extremely bad taste. Such hateful people should be sent to the gallows.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Oh please! Aren't you going by Arab propaganda? And for some reasons I don't see why we Indians have to even consider that dispute. We think as Indians and not on religious terms to support Israel or Palestine. Let us not take their conflict into our hands. We have a big issue ourselves. Considering that Israel has helped us as a country, I am supportive of Israel.
India's foreign policy tends to be pro-Iran in dealing with the Sunni-Muslim world (importantly Pakistan), and Pro-Israel in dealing with the Muslim-world as a whole. It's got little to do with religion and more with realpolitik. Before someone cries "boohoo but we're secular", let me clarify that foreign policy doesn't infringe upon interior social fabric. All Indians' interests are paramount.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Israel should start making peace because uncle sam wont be handing out billions of dollars forever because if they dont then history will repeat itself and they'll find themselves at the receiving end.

VersusAllOdds

A guy just posted ~6 posts and quoted the Bible! You could've quoted Hammurabi's Code aswell, it would've been as effective...
Is there any thread in this forum that can be spared of any links with Indian issues or anything to do with India, when it has nothing to do with India? Stay on the thread's subject.

Gotta say I agree with Civfanatic on this one - Jews and Muslims (and Christians) lived in peace for hundreds of years in the Holy Land, until the mid-20th century. It's not the problem in the peoples nor their cultures. The problem is a spark of foreign involvement that started an irreverible chain reaction. Vishal_lionheart you speak of Jewish and Hindu culture, in the same sentence... While Hindu is one of the most distinctive cultures in the entire world, do you truely think that Jewish culture is anywhere near it to compare the two?
Every time I see a brainwashed guy who's entire perception on Islam and Arabs is based on the last 2-3 decades of American Islamophobia propaganda I just flip out!

The issue of Israel and Palestine is one of those unrepairable conflicts, I don't believe it's possible to solve it with present perspective. It takes a very tolerant stand of both sides, and with both Jewish and Palestinian extremists existing, any deal will be destroyed before it reaches fruition.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
A guy just posted ~6 posts and quoted the Bible! You could've quoted Hammurabi's Code aswell, it would've been as effective...
Is there any thread in this forum that can be spared of any links with Indian issues or anything to do with India, when it has nothing to do with India? Stay on the thread's subject.

Gotta say I agree with Civfanatic on this one - Jews and Muslims (and Christians) lived in peace for hundreds of years in the Holy Land, until the mid-20th century. It's not the problem in the peoples nor their cultures. The problem is a spark of foreign involvement that started an irreverible chain reaction. Vishal_lionheart you speak of Jewish and Hindu culture, in the same sentence... While Hindu is one of the most distinctive cultures in the entire world, do you truely think that Jewish culture is anywhere near it to compare the two?
Every time I see a brainwashed guy who's entire perception on Islam and Arabs is based on the last 2-3 decades of American Islamophobia propaganda I just flip out!

The issue of Israel and Palestine is one of those unrepairable conflicts, I don't believe it's possible to solve it with present perspective. It takes a very tolerant stand of both sides, and with both Jewish and Palestinian extremists existing, any deal will be destroyed before it reaches fruition.
All these three communities lived "peacefully" under what form of government? I think you should highlight this as "Ottoman Empire". This meant all the imperial laws were based on Muslim laws and meant that the minorities i.e. Jews and perhaps Christians also had to abide by it. Today there are 1 million+ Arabs who are Muslims in Israel. Why cannot they live peacefully under Jewish law if Jews could live peacefully under Ottoman as you say? Why so aggressive and so much hatred against Jews? If the latter can live under the former, then why not other way around? This is hypocrisy for religious supremacy isn't it?

These separatists like PLO and stuff blow up Israeli civilians and that time all rights groups shut their mouths up, saving energy to curse Israelis when they attack. All this "evil Zionist" propaganda today is worse than "Islamophobia" propaganda. Anyone who issues some criticism against some wrongdoings if at all the guilty happens to be a Muslim, is labelled "Islamophobe, intolerant and fanatic" while if it is vice versa, this is accepted as religious tolerance. Why this double standards?

And by the way, if you don't know something about mainstream Hindus and other dharmic communities in India like us Buddhists, the Sikhs and Jains, we have also seen the ugly face of Islamist aggression. It is not based on some American philosophy that people here "flip" out. I would recommend you to consider serious research on the demographic tensions in India, gain some serious debatable knowledge and then "flip out". Because here is the coincidence that Americans are also feeling the dangers of jihadi radicalism that we've been facing for years now.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^ Why do you think palestinians blowing israeli is the first step ? them blowing is a reaction in short.

During crusade christians massacred both jews and muslims and when muslims took back jerusalem jews were given protection by the caliphat.

Muslims invade = islamic aggression
Christian invade = imperialism

Empires didnt invade only for religious reasons back then and to think that is ignorant. Initially muslims from middle east invaded India many time and took back wealth with them so this indicates that religion wasn't the only motivation for invasion.

You make it sound like thousands of israeli civilians have been killed by palestinians when infact it is the other way around.

Answer this -> Did jews suffer more discrimination is civilized europe or in savage middle east till 1945 ?

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Oh please! Aren't you going by Arab propaganda? And for some reasons I don't see why we Indians have to even consider that dispute. We think as Indians and not on religious terms to support Israel or Palestine.
I don't base my opinions on Arab propaganda, nor religion (I'm an atheist). I base my opinions as a human being, and when I see another group of humans being oppressed (Palestinians), I will naturally (as a human and an Indian) support that group.

Considering that Israel has helped us as a country, I am supportive of Israel.
Yeah Israel gave us lots of UAVs, radars, and other trinkets. That doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye on Israeli crimes.

The GoI chose to pursue a close relationship with Israel because the Israelis had lots of highly-advanced equipment that they were willing to share with us, unlike America.
I myself support Indo-Israel relations for this sole reason. I don't give a damn what happens to Israel, I just want India to get Israeli technology so that our jawans have an edge in battle and can come out safe.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
All these three communities lived "peacefully" under what form of government? I think you should highlight this as "Ottoman Empire". This meant all the imperial laws were based on Muslim laws and meant that the minorities i.e. Jews and perhaps Christians also had to abide by it. Today there are 1 million+ Arabs who are Muslims in Israel. Why cannot they live peacefully under Jewish law if Jews could live peacefully under Ottoman as you say? Why so aggressive and so much hatred against Jews? If the latter can live under the former, then why not other way around? This is hypocrisy for religious supremacy isn't it?
You can cannot compare the Ottoman Empire with Israel because the Ottomans never singled out and persecuted Jews, like the Israelis are doing with Palestinians.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't base my opinions on Arab propaganda, nor religion (I'm an atheist). I base my opinions as a human being, and when I see another group of humans being oppressed (Palestinians), I will naturally (as a human and an Indian) support that group.

Yeah Israel gave us lots of UAVs, radars, and other trinkets. That doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye on Israeli crimes.

The GoI chose to pursue a close relationship with Israel because the Israelis had lots of highly-advanced equipment that they were willing to share with us, unlike America.
I myself support Indo-Israel relations for this sole reason. I don't give a damn what happens to Israel
, I just want India to get Israeli technology so that our jawans have an edge in battle and can come out safe.
My views EXACTLY.

Although im an agnostic and not atheist!

VersusAllOdds

Why cannot they live peacefully under Jewish law if Jews could live peacefully under Ottoman as you say? Why so aggressive and so much hatred against Jews?
First of all, I don't only think of Ottoman rule, but everything before. Byzantian empire, the Khalifates, Ottomans, so on... The rulers of the Holy Lands were rarely distinctive, in feudalism borders are very blurry.
Anyway, you have to admit that living under someone in the middle ages and living under someone today is quite a different thing. If you were lucky to have a lenient rule in medieval time, your subduction would only mean having the other guys' flying in the city and paying tax basically. The rulers I stated above couldn't really hold what is today Israel by themselves - they gave authonomy to the local rulers. Having any amount of authonomy is quite soothing, and never causes too much turmoil.
I'm not saying that Byz, Arabs, Ottomans were good by nature and that they didn't want to repress the habitants of today's Israel. I'm just saying that those inhabitants were sort of lucky to have all their respective rulers far away occupied with much greater problems. From my opinion Judea didn't have a harsh rule since the time of the Romans. I hope you get my point - nobody was quite able to subdue the local populace fully in history, so populace got away being pretty authonomous and not harassed.

However, today, with state borders being very clear, with technology that makes today's thousands of kilometres as short as thousands of metres in the middle ages, it's much, much more easier to control and repress people. At this point of my story, it doesn't matter how Palestinians are treated at the moment, all I want is to prove that comparing Muslim control of the Holy Land in the medieval times and the Jewish one today is very wrong.

So, I'm not a Palestinian nor an Israeli Jew, I don't know all they know about their hatred. I know that they both hate each other pretty equally, but there actual power decides how they treat each other. Israelis are pretty much unopposed there, and they exploit that to do a lot of harm to Palestinians, who then respond with as much violence as they can preform towards the Israelis.
I'm sure there are some very bad extremists on both sides, and that points they make against each other are at least partially valid - but that's the problem actually, the fact that both sides have at least some real reason to harm each other.

However, there's no good or bad side in this one. There's only extremists from one side attacking the other, and other responding even more violently. The bad thing is that when, for example, Palestinian extremists attack Israel, Israeli people consider all Palestinians as such and vice versa. That circle goes on and on with their mutual hatreds only growing deeper and their wishes to destroy each other more real. More of the normal people become extremists, more innocents are harmed...

Who started it all? Was it one side, or were both of them simultaniously? I really can't say. I think that the very fact that Arabs had to let some new Jewish inhabitants move in and make a state after WW2 was what sparked the Arab hatred for the Jews. But then again, Jews, scared by the Holocaust were right to fear and retaliate swiftly against any anti-semitism - the WW2 was too recent to allow the same thing again. And then, Arab intolerance and hatred for the newcomers, and Jewish fear of the next Holocaust pretty much started it all. The conflict has amplified ever since and the hatred will only grow, with no real prospects of it ever ending.

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Vishal, You are being Warned, We at DFI do not welcome such thoughts like the ones you posted. Do not try to flame and deviate from the Topic. God Speed

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Please don't bring in Hindu-Muslim, India, Pakistan into the whole mix. Thank you for not flaming.

dr0ne

Maybe all the bleeding hearts here should consider the fact that 800 million Indians live below poverty line. That there are farmers committing suicide in India. That there are children dying of starvation. That no justice have been given to '84 or to Gujarat victims.

The fact is these "oppressed" Palestinians live much better lives than a vast majority of our fellow Indians. First address these pressing concerns of our fellow Indians, then worry about oh-so-poor Palestinians.

Lastly morality has no place whatsoever in Foreign Policy. Those who are criticizing Israel here conveniently forget the fact that it was Israel that supplied us arms during the Kargil War. A friend in need is friend indeed.

Addendum: This Palestinian human rights rhetoric can be used as a stick to extract more concessions/better deals from Israel. But that where its utility ends. Sincerely believing such liberal propaganda is futile and actually counter productive to national interest.

pankaj nema

Country flag
No I believe that Palestinians are in a bad shape and they deserve all the help and sympathy. But This cycle of hatred has to be broken
For this OIC and Arab League have to step forward.

The palestinians are merely the pawns.The BRUISED EGOS OF ARABS wants only revenge from Israel

dr0ne

I don't give a damn what happens to Israel
That's a rather foolish view. It is in India's national interest that Israel survives. It is also in India's national interest that Palestinian issue continues to fester so that most of the "Muslim World" continues to maintain its hostility viz-a-viz Israel. This will ensure that :

1. We can get best defense deals from Israel, as we will be only one of the few "friends" that Israel can rely on in International forums. If there is Arab-Israeli reconciliation than there will be a lot of other potential competitors for this technology. Hence terms will be a lot less favorable to us.

2. It diverts the attention away from Kashmir and allows us to solve it at our own terms, away from the glare of International/Arab media. I know that currently we get bad press because of Kashmir issue but believe me this will pale in comparison to what we will get after the reconciliation.

neo29

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Ovadia Yosef says. Its not that we should support it, but we must look at ourself too.

Lets accept the fact that most Indians think that Pakistanis must perish from this world. When we think something similar, whats wrong with someone else thinking the same ????

And just because we think so about Pak, doesnt mean its Anti-Islam. Muslims in India too think the same.

dr0ne

No I believe that Palestinians are in a bad shape and they deserve all the help and sympathy.
Like I said before first sort out your own house in order, then worry about rest of the world. This kind of moral grandstanding serves no purpose.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Yes that is true But for the Israel Palestinian conflict , India would have had to contend with the entire OIC
in its Kashmir dispute.
So Israel has helped us a lot indirectly in keeping Kashmir

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles