Palestinians should perish from this world: Ovadia Yosef

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Palestinians should perish from this world: Ovadia Yosef

Just ahead of renewed peace talks between Israel and the Palestine, an influential Israeli spiritual leader has denounced the move, dubbing the Palestinians and their leader "an evil and bitter enemies of Israel" who should "perish from this world."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the upcoming launch of peace talks an opportunity to secure endurable peace, lasting generations.

But, Ovadia Yosef, spiritual head of the religious Shas party in the government, denounced the talks, scheduled to kickstart on September 2, and said, "Abu Mazen (nom de guerre for Abbas) and all these evil people should perish from this world," he said.

"God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians," Rabbi Ovadia was quoted as saying during his weekly sermon at a synagogue near his Jerusalem home.

The Shas party mentor also called the Palestinians "evil, bitter enemies of Israel" during his speech, which is not the Rabbi's first sermon that has sparked controversy. Meanwhile, Netanyahu today said he is optimistic that a deal will be reached during the talks.

"I am convinced that if the Palestinian leadership takes the negotiations as seriously as we do, we can reach a stable agreement, not just a deal for a tactical ceasefire between wars."

"We can reach a peace based on stability for us and for our children and that is my goal," he said.

Earlier, in 2001, the spiritual leader of the ultra-Orthodox faction had called for "Arabs' annihilation".

"It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable," he was then quoted as saying.

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Eli Yishai, who is also the Chairman of the Shas party, earlier this week said that he would oppose extending the West Bank settlement building freeze due to expire on September 26.

Yishai has suggested that Israel would continue construction in the main settlement blocs likely to remain part of Israel in the framework of a peace deal, but freeze construction in outposts or more remote settlements.

Netanyahu has so far refused to address Palestinian demands to continue a 10-month freeze on the building of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, described by PA as a deal breaker.

Washington has invited the Israeli premier, PA President, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak [ Images ], Jordanian King Abdullah and Quartet envoy in the region, Tony Blair [ Images ], to attend the conference on September 2 to launch direct negotiations between the two sides, stalled for almost two years.

The Quartet of international peace mediators in the region comprises of the United Nations, United States, European Union and Russia [ Images ].

'Palestinians should perish from this world': Rediff.com India News

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Religious leaders should stick to their area of Expertise, i.e Religion! When Religion and State is mixed, this is what we get, HATE!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If anything the Israelis should perish from the world.

We would see a much more peaceful world.

vishal_lionheart

If anything the Israelis should perish from the world.

We would see a much more peaceful world.
I am agree that Israelis are demon because what they are doing in PALESTINE? So as we are also in the same BOAT, because there is voice in ARAB world that kASHMIRI'S want justice, freedom from INDIAN, Oh my Brother you are giving boost to SEPARATIST.
THE SAME THING happens in Checheniya, Dagestan, Xinxiyang, East Timor and all over the world.
Talking against Jews and Hindus are become cheapest way to show secularism. Because these are most open communities, than Other communities, which obeys blindly their MULLAH'S and MOULAVI'S. You will certainly hit back hard, if you speak single word against them.
Have you open your eyes and see from where money come for the separatist Movements in PALESTINE AND KASHMIR OR EAST TIMOR?
From where these EXPLOSIVE thoughts come from? How they spread hatred and selling dream of PAN ISLAM?
In my opinion INDIANS NEVER LEARN FROM HISTORY AND HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF.

GokuInd

I am agree that Israelis are demon because what they are doing in PALESTINE?
Talking against Jews and Hindus are become cheapest way to show secularism. Because these are most open communities, than Other communities, which obeys blindly their MULLAH'S and MOULAVI'S. You will certainly hit back hard, if you speak single word against them.
Have you open your eyes and see from where money come for the separatist Movements in PALESTINE AND KASHMIR OR EAST TIMOR?
From where these EXPLOSIVE thoughts come from? How they spread hatred and selling dream of PAN ISLAM?
Palestinian resistance against Israel - barring tendencies from 90s onwards - has never been really Islamic in its approach - do PLO, PFLP etc. ring a bell?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I would love to see the other Ps vanish from earth and they are close to home.

Yes the rabbi should do what he is for. Preach, lead prayers etc... I don't think the Taurat is filled with hate. I hope the new peace process gives a new lease of life in the middle east. I feel there is more chance of an israeli palestine peace than indo-pak.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Israelis and Arabs are both different sides of the same coin. They are both hardheaded people that never compromise. The Israelis should be generous and return the pre-67 lands back to the palestinians. But the palestinians will never be happy and will always want more and the Isrealis will never give in.

Both sides have too many extremists amongst them. Israel is slowly becoming another "apartheid" state with the Palestinians living like 3rd class citiizens in slum towns under their control......just like South Africa used to be. Furthermore the ever expanding settlements will make a contiguous Palestinian West Bank state near impossible.

Having Israel become the only de-facto apartheid state in the 21st century world is not the narrative that Jews would want to write about modern Israel.

Its a hopeless case.......Jews and Arabs have one strong commonality.....they are both ruthless cultures. They deserve each other.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I am agree that Israelis are demon because what they are doing in PALESTINE? So as we are also in the same BOAT, because there is voice in ARAB world that kASHMIRI'S want justice, freedom from INDIAN, Oh my Brother you are giving boost to SEPARATIST.
THE SAME THING happens in Checheniya, Dagestan, Xinxiyang, East Timor and all over the world.
In my opinion INDIANS NEVER LEARN FROM HISTORY AND HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, but all I know is that Israel has broken numerous U.N. resolutions, committed numerous war crimes, and have in effect segregated their population along ethno-religious lines. All thanks to countless billions of dollars in U.S. and Western support.

I'm pretty sure India hasn't done these things in Kashmir. Comparing our actions in Kashmir with the Israeli actions in Palestine is absurd. The biggest difference being that most Kashmiris do NOT want independence from India, unlike the oppressed Palestinians.

VersusAllOdds

Israelis and Arabs are both different sides of the same coin. They are both hardheaded people that never compromise. The Israelis should be generous and return the pre-67 lands back to the palestinians. But the palestinians will never be happy and will always want more and the Isrealis will never give in.

Both sides have too many extremists amongst them. Israel is slowly becoming another "apartheid" state with the Palestinians living like 3rd class citiizens in slum towns under their control......just like South Africa used to be. Furthermore the ever expanding settlements will make a contiguous Palestinian West Bank state near impossible.

Having Israel become the only de-facto apartheid state in the 21st century world is not the narrative that Jews would want to write about modern Israel.

Its a hopeless case.......Jews and Arabs have one strong commonality.....they are both ruthless cultures. They deserve each other.
Pretty nice post. I kind of agree with it 100%.
But when you think of it, aren't all the hatreds quite similar to this one? One side hates the other, the other hates the first one. They harm each other, then hate again, and the mutual hatred only amplifies. In the end, you don't know where it all started. One side can be less blamable than the other, but it doesn't really matter anyway.
It's similar for India and Pakistan, Turks and Kurds, it goes on and on.

vishal_lionheart

I have no idea what you are trying to say,
You will get my message in my first lines, In a clear world, this is propaganda of Muslim world and Al Qaida, Have ever you read Al Qaida Manual?
These Islamic terrorist has a single and barbaric agenda of Pan Islamic world. They pretend that they are victim and fight war to save themselves.
So I used the most dangerous place in world East Timor (Indonesia) against Christian, Xinxiang against Chinese, Kashmir against Indians, Chechnya against russian, and in some African nations in ethnic violence, these hardcore islamist plays a vital role in the name of Jihad.
Have you tried to find out Why Israelis attacking Gaza and Palestines? Gaza is the main place from where rocket fires on Israel. Killing innocent Israelis.
There is one truth that Palestinians getting jobs in Israel and run their home.

VersusAllOdds

You will get my message in my first lines, In a clear world, this is propaganda of Muslim world and Al Qaida, Have ever you read Al Qaida Manual?
These Islamic terrorist has a single and barbaric agenda of Pan Islamic world. They pretend that they are victim and fight war to save themselves.
So I used the most dangerous place in world East Timor (Indonesia) against Christian, Xinxiang against Chinese, Kashmir against Indians, Chechnya against russian, and in some African nations in ethnic violence, these hardcore islamist plays a vital role in the name of Jihad.
Have you tried to find out Why Israelis attacking Gaza and Palestines? Gaza is the main place from where rocket fires on Israel. Killing innocent Israelis.
There is one truth that Palestinians getting jobs in Israel and run their home.
Man are you brainwashed or what... They fire a rocket or two on Israel, and Israelis destroy a kindergarten with 300 children... Every war has a pretext, just as every time Israelis kill civilians, they have an excuse.

And by the way, do you know what's the ratio of US/NATO troops deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq and the number of Al Qaida members?
Man, I just feel sick when I read posts like those above...

Solid Beast

2 state solution is the only answer. Palestinians are suffering under the yoke of naval, land and aerial blockades, checkpoints, home invasions, collective punishments,overlordship of terrorist political factions of Palestinian origin and atrocities of Israeli armed forces and police. But I will tell you one thing guys, this is not a Pakistani or Indian problem that warrants our participation. Our opinion doesn't mean anything in this context. This has to be solved by neighbouring Arabs+Israel+Palestine. US+UN have already tried brokering peace to no avail.

Solid Beast

Taking sides in this issue while ignoring how Palestinians actually suffer daily is a feeble attempt at derailing meaningful discussion. Go back to Israel and take your anger out on some youth or something.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why are we making this such a big issue? Almost every country that sympathizes with Palestine threatens to wipe Jews/Israelis off the map in their public speeches. What is wrong if this once this guy has said something in similar fashion? If the other side can be given the concession of "free speech" where these radical mullas go to Western countries and incite the youth living there to hate and pray for Israel's destruction, what's the big deal if this Yosef said about Palestinian destruction?

You know, we should technically ignore these so-called crybabies for once. Ahmedinejad can talk about wiping Jews off map, deny Holocaust; Zawaheri or whatever his name maybe gets away with making thousands of speeches for a huge and eager crowd shouting annihilation of Jews and Israel.

At that time it doesn't ring these people a bell that other side can also retaliate with similar response. I see SAME case in POK and separatists in our side of Kashmir where separatists don't mind helping blood-thirsty terrorists killing innocent people and families of soldiers (before Kargil example), but when Army and paramilitary strikes back, run away to their masters in Stolen territories and cry about Human Rights.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Why are we making this such a big issue? Almost every country that sympathizes with Palestine threatens to wipe Jews/Israelis off the map in their public speeches.
India does not; US does not; UK does not. etc. etc.

What is wrong if this once this guy has said something in similar fashion? If the other side can be given the concession of "free speech" where these radical mullas go to Western countries and incite the youth living there to hate and pray for Israel's destruction, what's the big deal if this Yosef said about Palestinian destruction?
You know, we should technically ignore these so-called crybabies for once. Ahmedinejad can talk about wiping Jews off map, deny Holocaust; Zawaheri or whatever his name maybe gets away with making thousands of speeches for a huge and eager crowd shouting annihilation of Jews and Israel.
Hence sanctions against Ahmadinejad and his country. Free speech doesn't equate to hate speech.

At that time it doesn't ring these people a bell that other side can also retaliate with similar response. I see SAME case in POK and separatists in our side of Kashmir where separatists don't mind helping blood-thirsty terrorists killing innocent people and families of soldiers (before Kargil example), but when Army and paramilitary strikes back, run away to their masters in Stolen territories and cry about Human Rights.
Lets not bring in Kashmir issue, its totally different.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Indians themselves bring in Kashmir whenever Palestine is discussed! Why do you guys compare Kashmir with Palestine? Kashmir is not Blockaded by the Central Govt of India!! And Tshering and the rest, after bringing in Kashmir and equating it, folks like you always blame the Pakistanis for Bringing in Kashmir always at the drop of a hat! Get rid of the habit yourselves first!

Yeah, I tend to agree to Mattster, Palestenians and Israelis are more alike than they think are. I actually feel they are the 2 closes cultures on Earth! The Palestenians Lost the Lands before 67 Fair and Square to Israel. Yes Israel Conquered those lands due to inept handling by the Arabs. But for a better tomorrow, they have to give in those lands, for a hate free Middle East.

Now what Guarantee you ask, that Palestenians will not ask for more land?? Well, I have none, no one has any Guarantee how long peace will last! But a 2 state solution is the only way forward!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You know, we should technically ignore these so-called crybabies for once. Ahmedinejad can talk about wiping Jews off map, deny Holocaust
Ahmadinejad never threatened to wipe Jews off the map, nor did he ever deny the Holocaust. Do not pay too much attention to Western propoganda "news"; they depict anyone who is opposed to the West in a very negative light. Ahmadinejad is actually a very intelligent and capable ruler.

About the Jew-Arab conflict, for many centuries these groups lived in harmony, even in the Holy Land. In fact throughout the Middle Ages and even up to the early 20th century, Jews were treated much better in Arab/Islamic states than they were in Europe. One only has to look at once-affluent Jewish communities in Islamic cities like Baghdad, Jerusalem, Istanbul, and Cordoba. It was only until the Holy Land became a British Mandate after WWI and the British started the Zionist movement that Arab-Jewish relations became strained. Once again, we see that the British are responsible for ruining yet another country.

As a result of the Zionist movement, present-day Palestinians live as third-class citizens in degrading living conditions - in their own homeland. It is segregation and apartheid at its worst. This isn't a religious or ethnic issue, it's a major human issue. Israel has committed unacceptable crimes against humanity, and the UN as well as the greater international community agrees with that. It's only because of Uncle Sam's support that Israel is still on the map today.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Ahmadinejad never threatened to wipe Jews off the map, nor did he ever deny the Holocaust. Do not pay too much attention to Western propoganda "news"; they depict anyone who is opposed to the West in a very negative light. Ahmadinejad is actually a very intelligent and capable ruler.

About the Jew-Arab conflict, for many centuries these groups lived in harmony, even in the Holy Land. In fact throughout the Middle Ages and even up to the early 20th century, Jews were treated much better in Arab/Islamic states than they were in Europe. One only has to look at once-affluent Jewish communities in Islamic cities like Baghdad, Jerusalem, Istanbul, and Cordoba. It was only until the Holy Land became a British Mandate after WWI and the British started the Zionist movement that Arab-Jewish relations became strained. Once again, we see that the British are responsible for ruining yet another country.

As a result of the Zionist movement, present-day Palestinians live as third-class citizens in degrading living conditions - in their own homeland. It is segregation and apartheid at its worst. This isn't a religious or ethnic issue, it's a major human issue. Israel has committed unacceptable crimes against humanity, and the UN as well as the greater international community agrees with that. It's only because of Uncle Sam's support that Israel is still on the map today.
I was about to post the same.

mayfair

I wonder if Rabbi Yosef realised that someone almost a century ago had the very similar views about the Jewish people and decided to take on the responsibility for implementing "God's will". Over 6 million men, women and children perished and many more faced unfathomable horrors, for no other reason than what they were. How ironic is is for Rabbi Yosef to wish a similar fate on a group of people simply for what they are.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I fully support the peaceful coexistence between Israel and Palestine

BUT All people criticising Israel should answer that :
WHY DON T HAmas and Hizbollah and Other Arab countries RECOGNISE ISRAEL's right to exist

The problem is not merely Israel and Palestinian states. Many Arab and Islamic countries HATE Israel and want it to die because the Israelis have DEFEATED them in every war

Unless This hatred between Jews and Muslims ends the Palestinians won t get either their state or peace.
Palestinians are used as the TOOLS OF HATRED

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles