Paksitani TV serials seem to be of Very High Quality

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
What about western drama, how they make quality stuff and get lots of profits too. Its profit driven in India but thats just partly the reason, the bigger reason is they can't come up with something better or original. Intellectual or lets say artistic laziness on Indian part.
western dramas? which drama.. I hate it be it any season. All fake BS! There are some but rare...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Indian TV serials are still continuing "The bold and beautiful" formula, TV serials which go on and on for years is an old formula. New formula is seasons which last only 10-15 episodes.

Reducing the number of episodes gives them the benefit of spending more money per episode, I think this is the fundamental difference.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@roma :dude: I don't watch dramas.
I laugh in the face of fear.
I LOL in the face of danger.
I eat glass pieces in breakfast.
But when they tell me to watch these love dramas,I hid myself in the closet like a little kid hiding from boogey man.
Shouldn't it be like: I eat grass pieces in breakfast. You are a panda right?:rofl:

What about western drama, how they make quality stuff and get lots of profits too. Its profit driven in India but thats just partly the reason, the bigger reason is they can't come up with something better or original. Intellectual or lets say artistic laziness on Indian part.
Nailed the point. An addition, our film industry refrains from making a lot of war movies. What little are made a crappy version of the truth (Border) or else it is only a vague relation to the actual men who fought (Lakshya). We should have a series like Band of Brothers. Militarily accurate, with good screenplay and direction.

But buddy you didn't mention anime. They also have a lot of quality. Btw. is that Kakashi on your profile pic?

Illusive

Country flag
western dramas? which drama.. I hate it be it any season. All fake BS! There are some but rare...
Game of thrones, sherlock holmes, dexter, prison break, Modern family, breaking bad, Da- vinci.... etc

Reactions: VIP

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Game of thrones, sherlock holmes, dexter, prison break, Modern family, breaking bad, Da- vinci.... etc
all crap. full of absurdity and baselessness. I saw one episode of all these so called dramas.. not interesting. May be i am not a tv guy.

Illusive

Country flag
Shouldn't it be like: I eat grass pieces in breakfast. You are a panda right?:rofl:

Nailed the point. An addition, our film industry refrains from making a lot of war movies. What little are made a crappy version of the truth (Border) or else it is only a vague relation to the actual men who fought (Lakshya). We should have a series like Band of Brothers. Militarily accurate, with good screenplay and direction.

But buddy you didn't mention anime. They also have a lot of quality. Btw. is that Kakashi on your profile pic?
Yes :biggrin2:, i didn't mention anime because let India create a decent drama first then we can think of something like anime. I would have to wait for million years before India can come up with something like DeathNote:biggrin2:

Anyways let us not copy anime, they are japanese, let it remain that way, even american know that:biggrin2:

Adioz

all crap. full of absurdity and baselessness. I saw one episode of all these so called dramas.. not interesting. May be i am not a tv guy.
You are not a T.V. guy if you cannot appreciate Breaking bad.
If you did not like game of thrones, I recommend you read the novel A Song of ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. It is way more indulging and the shear detail will stagger you.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
You are not a T.V. guy if you cannot appreciate Breaking bad.
If you did not like game of thrones, I recommend you read the novel A Song of ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. It is way more indulging and the shear detail will stagger you.
I like more real story intelligence and military movies and series. But they are rare..

One of the best movies i watched recently was ' the good shepherd ' it has something to praise about.

Adioz

I like more real story intelligence and military movies and series. But they are rare..
One of the best movies i watched recently was ' the good shepherd ' it has something to praise about.
Try the series Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Both WWII true stories.
Another good movie is Saving Private Ryan.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Try the series Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Both WWII true stories.
Another good movie is Saving Private Ryan.
have seen them 10 years back :p ... will watch Phantom for sure

brational

Country flag
I don't watch baki serials. Most of the Indian serials are completely nonsense. I like watching NatGeo, VeryDisco and TLC along with Movie Channels.
Given the present scenerio, Baki serials should not be allowed in India. If they are better than Indian, we have nothing to do with it.
If Bakis become sane after watching their better serials and stop terrorism accross the globe, then it will become meaningful to have a discussion on it.

Zarvan

and still 99% of your woman, ladies,aunties,girls watched them get tortured from kufur hindus:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
Yes their was a craze 10 years back but not any more

thethinker

Country flag
Yes their was a craze 10 years back but not any more
It definitely is.

Pakistan’s housewives take Indian soaps to heart

Written by : Umar Farouq
on : Monday, 12 Aug, 2013

http://www.aawsat.net/2013/08/article55310054/pakistans-housewives-take-indian-soaps-to-heart

Islamabad, Asharq Al-Awsat—Despite the strife between India and Pakistan, elements of each country’s culture sometimes cross the political divide between the two, finding fans on the other side of the border.

The latest of these is Star Plus, an Indian entertainment channel, which has emerged as one of the most popular in Pakistan. Its success has been driven by middle class housewives, drawn to a programming schedule dominated by glossy soap operas.

Pakistan’s leading public opinion polls firm, Gallup Surveys, recently released a report ranking the most popular entertainment channels in the country. The report was compiled on the basis of the Gallup TV Ratings Services, the only national TV ratings data available for Pakistan.

“Star Plus had an average reach of around 7 million Cable and Satellite Viewers in the month of May. Second in line was state-owned PTV Home with approximately 4 million viewers. Urdu 1 continues make great inroads in the Pakistani Entertainment channels market. However, its growth has been recently arrested with the launch of other channels showing similar foreign content,” says the report.

Hassan Zaidi, a leading arts critic and organizer of many international film festivals in Pakistan, told Asharq Al-Awsat that Star Plu';s popularity is not a recent phenomenon. “For the past many years, Star Plus has been the most popular channel in Pakistani society,” he said.

An official from Gallup told Asharq Al-Awsat that Gallup Pakistan’s TV Ratings service is based on a panel of over 5,000 households spread across both urban and rural areas of Pakistan.

“The Gallup Ratings are currently the only barometer measuring audience size in terms of population size. It also allows data mining (with statistical validity) for analysis at the demographic level. Gallup TV Ratings also provides unique insights due to its 20 years of trends data available for all the major and minor TV channels in Pakistan,” the official said.

As well as its success in Pakistan, Star Plus is one of the most popular channels in its homeland, India, and its stylish Indian soap operas are one of the main draws of its largely middle-class audience in Pakistan. Even though much of Pakistan is relatively socially conservative, the themes of these popular soap operas are mostly related to family and domestic conflict, often placing daughter-in-law against mother-in-law, wives against their husbands’ sisters, and extra-marital relations at the heart of their storylines.

Pakistani television critics say that the popularity of Star Plus in Pakistan is primarily because these soap operas find a devoted audience among Pakistan’s middle class housewives: “Indian soaps seem to target a particular niche in Pakistani society. . . . This is basically a question who watches TV in Pakistani society? TV is being watched by middle-class house wives and lower-middle-class people,” Hassan Zaidi told Asharq Al-Awsat.

“Indian soap basically shows domestic strife in their drama, which is attractive for this class of people, especially the housewives,” he added.

Other critics said that canny program scheduling has boosted the soap operas’ popularity. The soaps are telecast twice during the day—once during primetime at 8 pm, and again in the morning. Most of Pakistan’s housewives are busy with household chores in the evening, so they have to skip the drama serial in the evening. But they can always catch up with the latest developments in the soap operas in the morning, when they have more free time.

Hassan Zaidi told Asharq Al-Awsat that during the past five years, Pakistani television viewers have also been particularly attracted to foreign content. “This foreign content in particular included the soap operas on Indian channels including Star Plus,” he says. “Secondly, the second most popular channel in Pakistan . . . is an Urdu channel which is broadcasting dubbed versions of Turkish soap operas.”

Interestingly, in the Indian soap operas that have found favor with Pakistani audiences, the storylines, characters, names and habits are largely alien to Pakistani culture. For instance, most of the characters in Indian soap operas have Hindu names, and the cities which are shown in these soaps are Indian cities.

Pakistani critics say that this is understandable: “People were very fed up of watching the same people over and over again. . . . Same actors, same stories, and same themes. . . . So that started shifting toward foreign content five years back,” said Hassan Zaidi.

In addition, the production values in the imported soaps are also often higher than those of drama serials produced within Pakistan: “Turkish and Indian dramas’ production value is high and they are presenting something new,” said Aurangzeb Laghari, one of leading actors on Pakistan television, told Asharq Al-Awsat.

Laghari told Asharq Al-Awsat that Pakistani television viewers are attracted to the new and innovative production techniques used by Indian soap operas, while in contrast “Pakistan is a suppressed society and when people here watch India drama, in which there is a lot of fashion and exposing of the body, people are attracted t it.”

He also complained that in Pakistan art and culture has deteriorated to a large extent, and “here we are facing a situation where people dub a drama from a foreign language and translate it into Urdu just because in this drama there are fashionable ladies.”

Hassan Zaidi, on the other hand, said Indian soap operas have gained popularity in Pakistan because they strike a universal chord by making family and domestic strife their basic themes, “and this theme is particularly attracting Pakistani housewives,” he says.

Zarvan

It definitely is.

Pakistan’s housewives take Indian soaps to heart

Written by : Umar Farouq
on : Monday, 12 Aug, 2013

http://www.aawsat.net/2013/08/article55310054/pakistans-housewives-take-indian-soaps-to-heart

Islamabad, Asharq Al-Awsat—Despite the strife between India and Pakistan, elements of each country’s culture sometimes cross the political divide between the two, finding fans on the other side of the border.

The latest of these is Star Plus, an Indian entertainment channel, which has emerged as one of the most popular in Pakistan. Its success has been driven by middle class housewives, drawn to a programming schedule dominated by glossy soap operas.

Pakistan’s leading public opinion polls firm, Gallup Surveys, recently released a report ranking the most popular entertainment channels in the country. The report was compiled on the basis of the Gallup TV Ratings Services, the only national TV ratings data available for Pakistan.

“Star Plus had an average reach of around 7 million Cable and Satellite Viewers in the month of May. Second in line was state-owned PTV Home with approximately 4 million viewers. Urdu 1 continues make great inroads in the Pakistani Entertainment channels market. However, its growth has been recently arrested with the launch of other channels showing similar foreign content,” says the report.

Hassan Zaidi, a leading arts critic and organizer of many international film festivals in Pakistan, told Asharq Al-Awsat that Star Plu';s popularity is not a recent phenomenon. “For the past many years, Star Plus has been the most popular channel in Pakistani society,” he said.

An official from Gallup told Asharq Al-Awsat that Gallup Pakistan’s TV Ratings service is based on a panel of over 5,000 households spread across both urban and rural areas of Pakistan.

“The Gallup Ratings are currently the only barometer measuring audience size in terms of population size. It also allows data mining (with statistical validity) for analysis at the demographic level. Gallup TV Ratings also provides unique insights due to its 20 years of trends data available for all the major and minor TV channels in Pakistan,” the official said.

As well as its success in Pakistan, Star Plus is one of the most popular channels in its homeland, India, and its stylish Indian soap operas are one of the main draws of its largely middle-class audience in Pakistan. Even though much of Pakistan is relatively socially conservative, the themes of these popular soap operas are mostly related to family and domestic conflict, often placing daughter-in-law against mother-in-law, wives against their husbands’ sisters, and extra-marital relations at the heart of their storylines.

Pakistani television critics say that the popularity of Star Plus in Pakistan is primarily because these soap operas find a devoted audience among Pakistan’s middle class housewives: “Indian soaps seem to target a particular niche in Pakistani society. . . . This is basically a question who watches TV in Pakistani society? TV is being watched by middle-class house wives and lower-middle-class people,” Hassan Zaidi told Asharq Al-Awsat.

“Indian soap basically shows domestic strife in their drama, which is attractive for this class of people, especially the housewives,” he added.

Other critics said that canny program scheduling has boosted the soap operas’ popularity. The soaps are telecast twice during the day—once during primetime at 8 pm, and again in the morning. Most of Pakistan’s housewives are busy with household chores in the evening, so they have to skip the drama serial in the evening. But they can always catch up with the latest developments in the soap operas in the morning, when they have more free time.

Hassan Zaidi told Asharq Al-Awsat that during the past five years, Pakistani television viewers have also been particularly attracted to foreign content. “This foreign content in particular included the soap operas on Indian channels including Star Plus,” he says. “Secondly, the second most popular channel in Pakistan . . . is an Urdu channel which is broadcasting dubbed versions of Turkish soap operas.”

Interestingly, in the Indian soap operas that have found favor with Pakistani audiences, the storylines, characters, names and habits are largely alien to Pakistani culture. For instance, most of the characters in Indian soap operas have Hindu names, and the cities which are shown in these soaps are Indian cities.

Pakistani critics say that this is understandable: “People were very fed up of watching the same people over and over again. . . . Same actors, same stories, and same themes. . . . So that started shifting toward foreign content five years back,” said Hassan Zaidi.

In addition, the production values in the imported soaps are also often higher than those of drama serials produced within Pakistan: “Turkish and Indian dramas’ production value is high and they are presenting something new,” said Aurangzeb Laghari, one of leading actors on Pakistan television, told Asharq Al-Awsat.

Laghari told Asharq Al-Awsat that Pakistani television viewers are attracted to the new and innovative production techniques used by Indian soap operas, while in contrast “Pakistan is a suppressed society and when people here watch India drama, in which there is a lot of fashion and exposing of the body, people are attracted t it.”

He also complained that in Pakistan art and culture has deteriorated to a large extent, and “here we are facing a situation where people dub a drama from a foreign language and translate it into Urdu just because in this drama there are fashionable ladies.”

Hassan Zaidi, on the other hand, said Indian soap operas have gained popularity in Pakistan because they strike a universal chord by making family and domestic strife their basic themes, “and this theme is particularly attracting Pakistani housewives,” he says.
It isn't article based on lies it was early 2000 but died 10 years ago

thethinker

Country flag
It isn't article based on lies it was early 2000 but died 10 years ago
The recent viewer count was of May of 2013.

From the article :

Star Plus had an average reach of around 7 million Cable and Satellite Viewers in the month of May. Second in line was state-owned PTV Home with approximately 4 million viewers. Urdu 1 continues make great inroads in the Pakistani Entertainment channels market. However, its growth has been recently arrested with the launch of other channels showing similar foreign content,” says the report.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles