Paksat-1R launch in China this week

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
On the eve (pak mauka) i take honor to share with you Pakistan's Greatest Achievement* as explained by latest prophet Gen Musharraf.

* Unfortunately for pakistanis this happens to be my best stress buster ever since 10th board preparation days.
WTF?? a hired satellite became an indigenous satellite which has made Pak enter the space age and it also took Pak ahead of India which has on it's own made and sent so manu satellites. Shabash!!

Country flag
Some fanboys at PDF must be asking "Can we spy on India with this satellite now?" :)
As a matter of fact they don't have to bother much on that. Chinese spy satellites can provide them with the intel.
Chinese lenses are not world class lenses. Israel SAR are considered the best in the world we use them along with USA and Israel. The technology in this satellite is 30 years old at best. A second rate Chinese product.. C band satellites were used in 1960's for spying. But the resolution is very poor. Also Pakistan (and China to an extent)does not have network capability for spy satellites.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
At least they will be able to beam TV channels using this satellite instead of using RADARs to capture them.!!
More business for Star Plus then.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Relax, Indians, it is not gonna explode.
We're more worried about the satellite exploding rather than the launch vehicle. You've got good experience in SLVs. But for someone like Pakistan, I highly doubt it.

Hope some day Pakistan would launch its own satellite using its indigenous missiles experience. They dont have to rely on China for the same.
You're joking aren't you? ISRO started in 1960s and has only attained global status as a space power in the last 15 years. Pakistan has not even started yet. They still rely on their missile designs to be modifications of the basic North Korean and Chinese missiles that both NK and Chinese did the hardwork on. How do you think they are going to be able to start now? It is simply too late.

Illusive

Country flag
China's money(softloans), China's satellite(pakistanis call it their indigenous), pakistans name. I hope China doesn't give its SLV tech to pakistan. It should always make pakistan rely on China to launch satellites. It'd be good business for China.

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
by the way who really made satellite chinese or pakistanies. i am still confused

Blackwater

by the way who really made satellite chinese or pakistanies. i am still confused
Its china who made it, It's china who will put that in orbit for pak,Its china who operate that satellite for pak as pak does not have space operation control room.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Okay. A start for Pakistan, start at least !!
Lets see where it goes. They'll need a good long spell of broadly based & varied technology expertise and well honed human resources to pick up from here. Although I could act like a well wisher but I know its too much being asked from the Pakistan of this day.

Regards,
Virendra

pankaj nema

Country flag
Pakistan CANNOT make Diesel Railway Locomotives

So they can never make a satellite .

No nation on earth which cannot make even railway locos has gone on to make a satellite

pankaj nema

Country flag
This is a totally CHINESE DONATION

And it is a not even a big satellite .Just One tonne 1050 kg as per wikipedia site

ISRO makes THREE Tonnes Satellites

But yes its is a FIRST HAND satellite .

Its predecessor PAKSAT 1 was a SECOND HAND satellite which went kaput after a few weeks

The Pak space agency says "This is a satellite MADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR PAKISTAN "

Mark these words .

It means that for the first time in its FAILURE RIDDEN history, Pakistan will OWN A first hand satellite

Country flag
China's money(softloans), China's satellite(pakistanis call it their indigenous), pakistans name. I hope China doesn't give its SLV tech to pakistan. It should always make pakistan rely on China to launch satellites. It'd be good business for China.
This would not happen it would be same as giving an ICBM to Pakistan but knowing how irresponsible China is it would not suprise anyone.

agentperry

by the way who made the said satellite chinese or pakistanis because on one forum they say pakistanis did under the guidance of chinese while on other they say it is purelly developed by chinses
any difference???
moreover im not happy :rip:

shiphone

Country flag
China launches communications satellite for Pakistan

XICHANG, Sichuan, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- China launched a communications satellite PAKSAT-1R for Pakistan at 0:15 a.m. Friday from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan Province.

The satellite was carried by a Long March-3B carrier rocket, according to the launch center. It is China's first in-orbit delivery to Asian customers and also the first commercial satellite export to international users this year.

According to statistics from the control center, the satellite successfully separated from its carrier rocket and entered geostationary transfer orbit as scheduled, 26 minutes after being launched.

PAKSAT-1R will provide a range of services, including broadband Internet, telecom and broadcasting, covering some regions of Europe, South Asia, the Middle East, and the eastern Africa.

The contract for the PAKSAT-1R was signed in 2008 between China Great Wall Industry Corporation and the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission of Pakistan.

China and Pakistan share a long history of space technology cooperation. Pakistan's first low-orbit satellite, BADR-A, was launched by China in 1990 with Long March 2E rocket.

xinhua news

venkat

Since the transponders foot print covers entire india, pakistan will equip their terror operatives in India with specially designed satphones, so that they can have direct communications with the control centers based in pakistan.

lcatejas

I guess this pakistani o sorry "Made In china" satellite to provide better communication service to there terrorist groups.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I heard Pakistanis are melting down in joy after this launch and doing self back tapping.

Whats the big deal BTW.
We have a word for such people in Punjabi ''ਫੁਕਰੇ'' something close to word s. ''Dandy'' p. ''Dandies''.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I heard Pakistanis are melting down in joy after this launch and doing self back tapping.

Whats the big deal BTW.
We have a word for such people in Punjabi ''ਫੁਕਰੇ'' something close to word s. ''Dandy'' p. ''Dandies''.
As a legendary Pakistani expert said: "अगर इस गिरी हुई हुकूमत को उखाड़ कर फेंक दिया जाए, तो BAAI GODD हुम पाकिस्तानी अगले पाँच सालों में चाँद पर हो सकते हैं !" :D

Yours truly

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles