Paks Crying Hoarse-India And Turkey Destroying Pakistani TV Industry

Blackwater

Re: Pakis Crying Hoarse-India And Turkey Destroying Pakistani TV Indus

nt again

northwestern part of india was pakistan..since pak was merged with india by invader as pak was never a part of india beyond the past 3000 years
dnt get angry

bt your confusing pakistan being a part with india

pakistan was merged with india by invaders..historically if you go back 3000 years.than you will know that pak was a seperate country from start with pakistani people as well
give me time..i will prove you guys wrong
Narra-a-taqbeer... allah hu akhbar

Yeah dialouge theek tha farhaan bhai???:lol::lol:

on topic. it is easier/cheaper for bank corrupt bhukhe nange pak producer to dubbed turkish serial though it has nothing to do with paki culture or language.

Indian channels they cant imagine life without it

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

LOL

Seriously Farhaan should think about getting more co patriots on this board , to raise atleast the tempo of his rhetoric

I feel bad for him .

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Your folks have been trying to prove this for last 65 years and believe me, they have failed miserably.
To prove "others" wrong they have landed themselves in trouble and LOST Bangladesh 40 yrs ago and now in civil war where demands of Baluchistan and SindhuDesh are increasing. :lol:

Pak is turned into a country of LIARS and no one believe what they say specially after Osama was caught in Pak itself not far from Islamabad the capital. :lol:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

URDU is nt indian language ..... URDU itself is a word of turkish language means "lashkari"..i dnt knw "lashkari" alternative in english
lets bei fair about this - to both sides ....... hindi urdu are more or less similar

BUT .....i would tend to side with farhan on this one - that urdu is a turkish word coined when the ottoman or their client regime in iran set up kingdom in west and north iindia

it was a mixture language formed to organise or rather command the army ....the original turkish spelling was Ordu .... a mongolian word meaning guess waht ? it means ARMY !
in occupied inner mongolia in fact their is a town by that nameor close ( Ordos) - i wouldnt be surprised if it was a garrison town for the ancient mongolian armies

anyawy i was really hoping for a greater degree of "maturity " ( ahem ! ) on this one - where really we could enjoy pakiastani turkish indian culture as at least some spectrum of a common thread .....but alas ....it has degenerated into .........

well i keep hoping ! :namaste:

gokussj9

Country flag

lets bei fair about this - to both sides ....... hindi urdu are more or less similar

BUT .....i would tend to side with farhan on this one - that urdu is a turkish word coined when the ottoman or their client regime in iran set up kingdom in west and north iindia

it was a mixture language formed to organise or rather command the army ....the original turkish spelling was Ordu .... a mongolian word meaning guess waht ? it means ARMY !
in occupied inner mongolia in fact their is a town by that nameor close ( Ordos) - i wouldnt be surprised if it was a garrison town for the ancient mongolian armies

anyawy i was really hoping for a greater degree of "maturity " ( ahem ! ) on this one - where really we could enjoy pakiastani turkish indian culture as at least some spectrum of a common thread .....but alas ....it has degenerated into .........

Well, the version of Urdu that Paki's speak has a lot of Hindi words mixed with them such as "Janam" or "Dukha" therefore it is not pure Urdu per se and is almost the same what a generally a North Indian would be speaking. Similarly, pure Hindi is absolutely Sanskritized and you would rarely see somebody speaking that in general. Even if I agree to some extent that Urdu has many non-native words, his claim of having a separate Pakistani civilization is absolutely bogus.

pmaitra

Very good post.

Yes, indeed, 'Ordu' is a Turkic (not Turkish) word. The Turkic languages are those spoken in Mongolia, parts of PRC (such as East Turkestan), former Soviet Central Asia, Russian republics from Udmurtia all the way to Tatarstan, etc..

No, this word did not originate in modern day Turkey or the Ottoman Empire. It originated in the middle of Asia, and it means 'army,' and later on also meant the lingua franca of the 'army.'

Country flag

Urdu was the name given to the Hindi language spoken in Northwest India by traders from Persia
and Turkey. Many Arabs and Turks look down on Pakistanis as inferior converts to give you a clue to
where the Pakistani identity crisis originates from-denying their Indian origins but still remaining inferior to
(so called)their muslim brothers. No matter what Pakistanis claim 100% of Pakistanis originate from India.
After 100,000 POW's were captured by India in the 1971 war Turkish President made a statement that
Pakistan's defeat was the greatest humiliation in a war ever faced by an islamic nation after help from
many islamic nations (Turkey,Saudi Arabia,Iran and non islamic -USA,China) failed to save them.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Urdu was the name given to the Hindi language spoken in Northwest India by traders from Persia
and Turkey. Many Arabs and Turks look down on Pakistanis as inferior converts to give you a clue to
the Pakistani identity crisis origin from denying their Indian origins but still remaining inferior to their muslim brothers.
Yes, Urdu is seen as a mixture of Hindi and Persian, due to the reasons you stated, but the origin of the word is still Central Asia.

Country flag

Yes, Urdu is seen as a mixture of Hindi and Persian, due to the reasons you stated, but the origin of the word is still Central Asia.
You are right but the language itself is more a mixture of Hindi,Persian and Arabic than anything
close to turkish.

e.g. The word Duniya (world) has same meaning in Iran-afghanistan,central asia,Pakistan,India and Bangladesh

I do not know any Turkish words that may have been incorporated in this manner??

Last edited:

pmaitra

You are right but the language itself is more a mixture of Hindi,Persian and Arabic than anything
close to turkish.

eg. The word Duniya has same meaning in Iran-afghanistan,central asia,Pakistan,India and Bangladesh

I do not know any Turkish words that may have been incorporated in this manner??
True, that is why I said originally, it is a Turkic word, not Turkish. They are different.

Turkish is the language spoken in Turkey. It is one language. Turkic is a family many languages spoken over a large geographical region.

VatsaOfBhrigus

Tihar Jail
Banned

THe language of mughal court was farsi, so obviously urdu developed from farsi, since it replaced farsi as their official language.

pmaitra

e.g. The word Duniya (world) has same meaning in Iran-afghanistan,central asia,Pakistan,India and Bangladesh
Interesting. Even Russian language has borrowed from Persian.

Bulat is a type of steel alloy known in Russia from medieval times and regularly mentioned in Russian legends as material of choice for cold steel. The name булат is a Russian transliteration of the Persian word پولاد (transliterated pulad), meaning steel. There are no known sources indicating that the origin of bulat is Russian while the name suggests that the immediate source of it was Persia.
Source: Bulat steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russian - Bulat
Persian - Pulad
Hindi - Faulaad (along with Ishpat, which has a different origin)

Country flag

Interesting. Even Russian language has borrowed from Persian.

Source: Bulat steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russian - Bulat
Persian - Pulad
Hindi - Faulaad (along with Ishpat, which has a different origin)
My father had a good friend from Russia (Georgia) and he would come over and
tell my father he wanted some chaai(tea) same word there too.

pmaitra

My father had a good friend from Russia (Georgia) and he would come over and
tell my father he wanted some chaai(tea) same word there too.
Indeed.

The best Indian Tea here in the US can be found in the Russian stores.

Something like this:

Индийский Чай, which is pronounced Indiski Chai, and means Indian Tea.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

close to turkish.e.g. The word Duniya (world) has same meaning in Iran-afghanistan,central asia,Pakistan,India and Bangladesh
LF many indian names have turkish origin albeit the indian versions have been anglicised during the era of the british .....eg the indian name tetley ( yes interestingly enough , the tea brand name ) is not an english name as i once thought but rather an anglicisation of the turkish origin name Tatlises ....similarly the infamous name Kalmadi ...is actually a turkish word ....many others ..... thats why all that line drawing by the brits separating indian languages from turkish is a load of political line-drawing more than anything else ...in reality we have a whole load in common with the turkic people of west central asia and indeed the more europeanised turks ....the brits didnt want india to join forces with the ottoman - g -forbid , with that kind of combination ( turkish modern army equipment, strategy and daring plus indian numbers ) they (brits asnd w europe ) would have been sliced to pieces and goodbye to any brit or western influence east of suez

Last edited:
Country flag

LF many indian names have turkish origin albeit the indian versions have been anglicised during the era of the british .....eg the indian name tetley is not an english name as i once thought but rather an anglicisation of the turkish origin name Tatlises ....similarly the infoamous name Kalmadi ...is actually a turkish word ....many others ..... thats why all that line drawing by the brits separating indian languages from turkish is a load of political line-drawing more than anything else ...in reality we have a whole load in common with the turkic people of west central asia and indeed the more europeanised turks ....the brits didnt want india to join forces with the ottoman - g -forbid , with that kind of combination ( turkish modern army equipment and strategy and indian numbers ) they (brits asnd w europe ) would have been sliced to pieces and goodbye to any brit or western influence east of suez
The British knew what happened during the crusades the best blades (talwar) mass produced
and sent to syria and middle east came from India, taking the Christians 200 years to make any progress to the East.

pmaitra

The British knew what happened during the crusades the best blades (talwar) sent to syria and middle east
came from India, taking the Christians 200 years to make any progress to the East.

Wootz? How did you know that? :lol:

That's mainly a Tamil contribution to metallurgy.

They used to make excellent iron ingots in South India, and send them to Syria to make these swords.

Read more: Wootz steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Country flag

Wootz? How did you know that? :lol:

That's mainly a Tamil contribution to metallurgy.

They used to make excellent iron ingots in South India, and send them to Syria to make these swords.

Read more: Wootz steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I always had an interest in History and have read extensively on many periods. Something you may not know
they were also rumored to have been traded with Romans during roman empire.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer..._Eastern_Iron_Trade_of_the_Roman_Empire*.html

silk, both raw and spun into thread and woven into fine stuff, also furs and iron, were brought overland through Bactria, to various points on the western coast of India

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Wootz? How did you know that? :lol: That's mainly a Tamil contribution to metallurgy.
They used to make excellent iron ingots in South India, and send them to Syria to make these swords.Read more: Wootz steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
not sure if you have heard south indian languages , but inst there a remarkable similarity to turkish ? not only the type of words but even the body language ! ....i wonder if there could be some connection ? :namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles